ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to fix a scratched GH disk (Converted into FAQ format)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javanoid999  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I've heard from a few friends that "flushing" a disk will repair the scratches on a disk. I had 1 scratch on my GH3 disk and my loading screen wouldn't even work... I took it into Gamecrazy and got it fixed, but I'm curious to see if anyone has tried the flushing trick... and for those that don't know, you put the disk in a toilet and flush the toilet, then get the disc back out and it works like new... w/e
jcd  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitzbob wrote:
Took my Rock Band disc to family video. Only problem was I couldn't play Sabatoge. But they fucked it up worse now it sometimes freezes at loading and now I can't play Run To The Hills along with that.

you payed money to play sabatoge!?!?!?!??!!?!?!??!?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: gh2pwnage
Sanctified09  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent read every post in this thread, so im not sure if this has been answered:

my disk doesnt really have ONE scratch, but the whole thing is just kinda bleh and doesnt play certain songs

how could the toothpaste method (or anything) work on that?
karatechess  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so recently my gh3 disc was scratched, none of the things you said worked, but I found something that did!!! Softscrub with bleach!!! It polished it cause it some grit in it!!! It all works!!! Thank god. I can go back to miserably failing ttfaf now!!!
ingusjinx  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got a serious scratch issue. My 2 year old GH2 disk is scratched up . I mean SCRATCHED UP. Like literally all over the disk except the front with the logo. It's gotten so bad that none of the songs in Tier 3 or 4 will even play the preview of the song, or load it. So I try the toothpaste method(I got the baking soda and peroxide kind) and it only worked for 2 songs. And they still skip and freeze alot. What should I do?
lamenamegoeshere  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i herd this rumor that licking the disk, and getting a pretty good amount of saliva on the disk, then just wiping it off on a flat surface, prefibly your arm sleve works on fixing ANY disk that is scratched,
just passing off the info =]
jman00555  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, whenever i try to play GH2 on my PS2, it freezes up iin the middle of the song, gets the audio out of whack, and screws me up. I have tried other peoples discs, and even bought a new one (cuz my GH1 guitar broke and i had enough to buy the guitar-game package). So the problem is probably with my PS2, but do you think the toothpaste method will still work? (and btw, GH2 is the only game that does it)
Dugtrio  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work for GH3 on the 360 or just GH's 1 and 2 for ps2, because I'm pretty much willing to try anything to get it to work without buying a new one. Gotta get my freaking 360 fixed first -.-
ihatetheghetto  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the toothpaste thing, waiting on it to dry right now.

edit: still won't go past the loading screen -_-
(gh3)
eljefe9395  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if this was answered but does baking soda toothpaste with peroxide work?
rainbowluvsjeff  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, won't toothpaste glob up in the lens? Even if you wipe most of it off?
rainbowluvsjeff  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamenamegoeshere wrote:
well i herd this rumor that licking the disk, and getting a pretty good amount of saliva on the disk, then just wiping it off on a flat surface, prefibly your arm sleve works on fixing ANY disk that is scratched,
just passing off the info =]

That's what I do--it doesn't do much besides clean it off, but if you rub it on a soft surface and build up the friction, sometimes it helps.
ToddFlanders  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: thnx Reply with quote

thnks sooo much i was gonna go insane if i had to turn in a scracthed blockbuster disk
ltwrr112  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Brasso Reply with quote

Could someone add Brasso to the the list of solutions that doesn't work? I tried it on my 360 GH2 disc and it made the disc unreadable. Thankfully, soap and water makes it come off...

Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Brasso Reply with quote

ltwrr112 wrote:
Could someone add Brasso to the the list of solutions that doesn't work? I tried it on my 360 GH2 disc and it made the disc unreadable. Thankfully, soap and water makes it come off...

But Brasso does work. I was about to post it since I didn't see it in the list.
You must have done something wrong, like wipe it off incorrectly, which can be bad. Brasso can be a powerful substance. It fixed a HUGE scratch in my GH2 after my PS2 fell down. It also saved most of my dead PSone games and DVDs. Basically it acids away at the disc, leaving a new smooth surface when it's wiped off. But because of this, you can't let it get on the label side of the disc AT ALL. It will eat the data away if that happens and you'll be screwed.
Brasso is pretty much the same substance they put in those $200 disc-buffing machines, which is why it works.
Maybe it should be listed as working great and getting out even the huge scratches (after a couple buffs) but you have to be careful because it can eat the data away if it touches there.

Edit: Truly artsy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: