ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
500,000 Users!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iammax  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500,000 users and yet it seems half the time I post a score, it's first place out of one people. <_>

Last edited by iammax on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iammaxhailme
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Congrats, SH (from #34639)!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rsnoob05 wrote:
Yea, the next thing ScoreHero has to update us on is when they (hopefully) bring back the DropKick Murphy DLC Free Track Pack

On GH's Facebook page, they have released information. Very little, but it basically states that the "music store is being fixed".

I don't know what that means but I hope the good people of ScoreHero will make a bulletin just like they did for this huge 500k user milestone.
If I notice it I will try to post about it but it isn't likely to be front page news (especially when DLC is not currently being released on the GH side)
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I'm #25xxxx, joined the same month as FL4RE and Shado.. if you look TONS of people with a lot of posts joined in June and July '08. Lefty, kingyami3, IndestructibleSD, bclare, killzonedout, chaosfreak, yksi-kaksi-kolme, CHawk, Master-Tesuch, elitewarrior... I could go on but I think y'all get the idea.

Hey I'm one of those guys Only ~600 more members until I'm in the first half!

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Parama  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined earlier than summer '08.

SPRING '08 4 LYFE
EDIT: Well technically winter '08

Anyways, yay 500k! Now to make it to 600k... in 2112.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
InsolentWill wrote:
Also, is it bad that I guessed about 15 of the people who would reply to this thread before I even read it?

People who show up in nearly every thread:

Me
FoshOtter
GregoryZero
inv4der
Shadowolf
TQSG
toymachine

Hey, I show up often too lol
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey congrats weeaboo hero!
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I'm #25xxxx, joined the same month as FL4RE and Shado.. if you look TONS of people with a lot of posts joined in June and July '08. Lefty, kingyami3, IndestructibleSD, bclare, killzonedout, chaosfreak, yksi-kaksi-kolme, CHawk, Master-Tesuch, elitewarrior... I could go on but I think y'all get the idea.

Hehe, GH was the bomb back in '08. I'm sure most of us were lurkers back before that. Weird to think of myself as one of the big posters, since I don't post much anymore, but we've had a hell of a community over the years. And congrats on the 500k ScoreHero. The part that's crazy to me was that it happened in 6 years; that's a ton of people in that much time lol. Kind of doubt that GH will ever pick up enough for the site to thrive like it once did, but I made friends here that I talk to online everyday and will keep in touch with forever. Thanks for the good times, SH. Best wishes from 235005.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M IN A THREAD FULL OF OLD AND NOSTALGIC PEOPLE GAHHHHHH

coming from the relatively new guy, although to be fair i lurked for a LONG LONG LONG time before registering

FL4RE wrote:
I think the term postwhore is truthfully used here...
Nah, that'd be me
Dommu  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

500k?!? o.o

Can't believe the site has grown so much. :K
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dommu wrote:
500k?!?

Can't believe the site has grown so much. :K

how couldnt you post something in the last 5 years :P
good to see old members still entering scores for current games (WoR/RB3)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
I would've never thought this site would've had so many members when I first joined. 500K users and 11 million scores? Not bad for a place that's been a fan site, not an official one. I think it just shows how good of a site this has always been, with a great community too. Heck, we even got a $2K donation from Alex Rigopulous, and an achievement named after this site in Aerosmith. I'm just amazed. Maybe I'm easily amazed, but hey.

This. This. This. This. This. You took the words right out of my brain and posted them.

Since we are reminiscing some good times and looking forward to the next half a million, user number 66939 here, been lurking since early late '06. I have to say I still love this place. People like to be crass and point out some of the negative things (re-write, lack of activity), but this site is every bit my home page as it's been since I was a kid in high school, playing GH2 every second I could. All the great memories I have, and all the great feelings I can associate with my experience with Guitar Hero, are thanks to this site. I have met dozens of intelligent, wonderful people, went on adventures, rode rollercoasters, and even had the pleasure of drinking with a few of you... It's all thanks to this site. Playing Guitar Hero was awesome. ScoreHero made it into what it is today, at least for me and my community. Reading about the epic get-togethers, watching Matt explode on certain threads, hosting my first rivalry, reaching 100 pages in my accomplishment thread, hitting 5,000 posts and reflecting.... I could ramble all day about the positive effect this site has had on my life. Now with Rocksmith and Rock Band 3 teaching real guitar and the advent of a new official Guitar Hero on the horizon, it is a great time to reflect on how far we've come as a community. When I started reading these forums, it was such a different atmosphere. It was a small community with die-hard fans, constantly rivaling each other and raising the bar. Watching everyone evolve as players, developing new techniques and posting videos of their high scores became a news story that captivated us all and never ended. The community is undeniably different now, but with 500,000 users, and a possible resurgence of the series on the horizon, I look forward eagerly to what this site will be like one year from now (or five, for that matter ).

Cheers, ScoreHero!

Relevent:
100,000 Users Thread - Graf wrote:
Chea!!!!

Also, I want to thank JCirri and the staff for their continued dedication and hard work to this site. You guys are the cat's pajamas <3

Last edited by Graf on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
Dommu  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

how couldnt you post something in the last 5 years :P
good to see old members still entering scores for current games (WoR/RB3)

I prefer to lurk. :P
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALMOST a palindrome. Dammit.

And wow. We still get users?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MUST USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO +1 MY POST COUNT!

User #7219.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: