ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1/GH2 Guitar Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: GH1/GH2 Guitar Question Reply with quote

I use the white GH1/GH2 wireless guitar, and when I use this guitar on the newer GH games (GH:SH,GH:WT,GH5,etc), it keeps saying "Disconnected Controller' in the middle of a song that I'm playing. When I go for FC's on GH:SH, it says "disconnected controller" atleast 5 times during the song, and messes me up most of the time...Is it doing this, because I'm using an older guitar on a newer game or what?
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your controller has a bad connection. The older games didn't pause if a controller came disconnected, but the newer ones do, even if it's just for a split second.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
Your controller has a bad connection. The older games didn't pause if a controller came disconnected, but the newer ones do, even if it's just for a split second.

Thanks...My Playstation (I play on PS2, BTW) is on a little video game cart and my dongle for my wireless controller is blocked...Would that have anything to do with the connection/
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
The older games didn't pause if a controller came disconnected, but the newer ones do, even if it's just for a split second.

That's not true. See this picture for proof, it's obviously GH2 on the 360 with a wired Xplorer (and the same happens with at least GH2/80s as personally experienced by me, and I would guess GH1 as well but I haven't personally tested it). I'd show a pic of GH2 on the PS2 showing this but I don't have one handy. AFAIK, all GH and RB games pause when the controller comes disconnected.

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
Exxucus wrote:

Thanks...My Playstation (I play on PS2, BTW) is on a little video game cart and my dongle for my wireless controller is blocked...Would that have anything to do with the connection/

No, not unless you have a wall of lead between the guitar and receiver. All wireless guitars use RF and so do not require line-of-sight visibility between transmitter and receiver.

When receivers/dongles come into play on the PS2, the games only notice when the connection is dropped between the PS2 and the receiver (unless a particular receiver is designed to drop that connection when the connection between the guitar and receiver is broken, which I know for a fact that at least the PS2 Kramer receivers do so).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help...but there is still one thing I don't understand...How come my guitar only comes disconnected when I'm playing newer GH games, and it doesn't do it when I play RB with it?

I have a RB1 Guitar, too, and that one doesn't disconnect..so that's why I was thinking that it was using an older guitar on a newer game would kind of mess up the connection...I also have 2 SG Guitars that came with GH3, and they continue to do the same thing..
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
Thanks for all the help...but there is still one thing I don't understand...How come my guitar only comes disconnected when I'm playing newer GH games, and it doesn't do it when I play RB with it?

I have a RB1 Guitar, too, and that one doesn't disconnect..so that's why I was thinking that it was using an older guitar on a newer game would kind of mess up the connection...I also have 2 SG Guitars that came with GH3, and they continue to do the same thing..

Now that is a mystery to me. I've played all PS2 GH and RB games with both SGs and my Kramer, with no disconnects during normal use.

Are you using original discs or some kind of backup loader? I've had odd issues running my backup images with Open PS2 Loader that I tracked down to being a conflict with OPL's in-game reset functionality, so if that applies to you then it's worth a try (note: I own and personally ripped all my PS2 games, so I use a backup loader for it's legitimate, lawful purposes).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:

Now that is a mystery to me. I've played all PS2 GH and RB games with both SGs and my Kramer, with no disconnects during normal use.

Are you using original discs or some kind of backup loader? I've had odd issues running my backup images with Open PS2 Loader that I tracked down to being a conflict with OPL's in-game reset functionality, so if that applies to you then it's worth a try (note: I own and personally ripped all my PS2 games, so I use a backup loader for it's legitimate, lawful purposes).

I use original disks..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: