ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Thoughts?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Thoughts? Reply with quote

Link

After playing the Skate series, I am not sure I can go back to Tony Hawk's arcadey feel, but I am probably going to buy this just for the nostalgia. Does anybody else share this sentiment? I think it could be a lot of fun, especially if we get some online play

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never liked Skate myself. Playing skateboarding games was never about trying to really skateboard around in a digital enviroment, it was too do stuff that was completely nuts and ridiculous...Though to be fair, I could never do anything more than an ollie in RL to begin with on skateboard lol

I'll definitely be grabbing this, since it's been so long since Tony Hawk has had a good game and it's packed with nostalgia.

Is there a release date for it yet? I'm buying it as soon as I can, since the other good thing is that it's really cheap.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skate is good and all, but I still love and play pro skater 2 and underground. So I will definitely pick this up. Actually I can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this game for sure. I guess we're at that period of time that people are starting to remake their old games? (First Halo, now this?) But hey, screw it, I liked this game! It should be pretty cool playing these old levels and being able to do things that came later in the series such as manual, and caveman, and stuff like that. I'm a strongly believe that nothing can beat a classic. Except for possibly a remake of the classic.

Also, I'd love to play as Officer Dick again. Just saying.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a huge Tony Hawk video game fan until the release of TH: RIDE. Which killed the series IMO. But the remake looks sick! I'm saving up my money for this and another game that's being remade for the 360. Summer 2012 will be the end of my social life.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sees Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD*

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING

*sees Exclusively on: Xbox 360*

FUCK

*sees a link to PS3 version*

YAY

I NEED THIS SO BAD
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/02/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-gets-thps-3-content-as-dlc-for-5/

THPS 3 DLC for $5
sold day one
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game was a day one buy any ways. Adding content from 3 is pretty cool lol
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game looks so great. The THPS 3 content DLC makes it look better. Can't wait until July 18
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-thps-3-dlc-brings-back-the-revert/
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things:
1) I'm one of the twenty people on earth who are proud to love Ride/Shred,
2) THPS2 was my second video game ever,
3) I AM PICKING THIS UP DAY ONE HOLY SHIT GOLDFINGER IN MY SKATEBOARDING GAME ;AEOSTHGRS;HEAEERFSG.

...too bad I have a 360, the PlayStation had the perfect controller for this game.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the 5$ DLC does to PSN as well ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I will definitely buy this especially with the THPS3 DLC. I was crazy good at that game back when I played it every day. Also dat soundtrack.

Personally I hated the Skate games. They just aren't fun unless you're already good at them, and the process of trying to be good enough to have fun is just too annoying to keep playing (from my experience anyway). Yahtzee sums up my thoughts pretty well. There was something just so satisfying about flying in the air a ridiculous amount and nailing a crazy trick in Tony Hawk. Playing that game again will be a welcome change from the types of games I've been playing lately.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skate was an awful idea I thought...much how I hate most racing sim games. I don't want to play a game to pretend about doing something realistic, I play games for the fantasy and craziness, which is why Tony Hawk, even at it's worst (Not Ride worse, but you know, the downslope of Tony Hawk) was infinitely more fun than Skate was.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Skate series a lot better than the Tony Hawk series. Tony Hawk was really fun until I got too good at it. It wasn't all that fun when my combos would last well over 10 minutes, which lead to no one wanting to play with me online unless I purposely just landed to end the combo. Doing glitches in the Tony Hawk games was really fun though, especially doing them on American Wasteland. Skate was really frustrating until you got good at it, then it was amazing. It's Just my opinion though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: