ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Thoughts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
EDIT: I got the sick goals for all the big head race things or whatever it's called just now. I also got a new high score on Warehouse... one ranke below me is none other than psxfreak101.

EDIT 2: I just got sick on all of the levels in Hawkman too. You unlock a cool character from it. I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone, but it is awesome imo.
Heh, I need to work on my Warehouse score some more. I do wonder how your scores match up to mine on some of the other stages, especially Mall. I just put up a crappy quality vid of myself getting 2.67 mill which was a neat run but still riddled with mistakes.

Also the thought of getting sick on all the Hawkman levels actually scares me if purely because of how School II looked at first glance haha, but now that you've mentioned a "cool character" that unlocks, I may just have to go for it :o

Edit: Just got all the gaps. a) That was far less exciting than it was when I did so on THPS2 years and years ago, and b) No reward
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX666Xx wrote:
Reverts will be added as DLC but they can only be used in the THPS3 levels.
I hope spine transfers will be added if they bring out THPS4 DLC.

I really wish they had brought those to the earlier game levels. Yeah, yeah, "they weren't designed for reverts", but really, how does that make any sense whatsoever? Just because the originals didn't have them, we can't now?

It's kind of archaic.
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
xX666Xx wrote:
Reverts will be added as DLC but they can only be used in the THPS3 levels.
I hope spine transfers will be added if they bring out THPS4 DLC.

I really wish they had brought those to the earlier game levels. Yeah, yeah, "they weren't designed for reverts", but really, how does that make any sense whatsoever? Just because the originals didn't have them, we can't now?

It's kind of archaic.

Well you've already seen how easy it is to score on Warehouse by simply adding in a manual to the mix, adding reverts into the levels would just ruin the challenge of the lines the Pre-3 levels had.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
THABEAST721 wrote:
EDIT: I got the sick goals for all the big head race things or whatever it's called just now. I also got a new high score on Warehouse... one ranke below me is none other than psxfreak101.

EDIT 2: I just got sick on all of the levels in Hawkman too. You unlock a cool character from it. I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone, but it is awesome imo.
Heh, I need to work on my Warehouse score some more. I do wonder how your scores match up to mine on some of the other stages, especially Mall. I just put up a crappy quality vid of myself getting 2.67 mill which was a neat run but still riddled with mistakes.

Also the thought of getting sick on all the Hawkman levels actually scares me if purely because of how School II looked at first glance haha, but now that you've mentioned a "cool character" that unlocks, I may just have to go for it :o

Edit: Just got all the gaps. a) That was far less exciting than it was when I did so on THPS2 years and years ago, and b) No reward

My scores are terrible on all the other levels lol. I haven't really tried to get a high score on any of them yet.

I am very upset about the gaps. I just got through getting all of them except for two I am having trouble with, but now I know there is no freaking reward for it! Might as well ask, how do you get the Taxi 2 Ledge gap in the Warehouse? Either I am not jumping to the correct place, or it just won't unlock for me.

Oh and School II is easily the hardest one for Hawkman. The others seem to go in a line, but that one is all over the place.

xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand why reverts aren't added to the original levels. Just think of the insane amount of points you could get in the Warehouse / Hangar half-pipe alone! I remember getting a 12.7 million point combo in THPS4 thanks to reverts!

And now I just wanted to say FUCK THE MALL! It was so hard to get 200k on that level!
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
My scores are terrible on all the other levels lol. I haven't really tried to get a high score on any of them yet.

I am very upset about the gaps. I just got through getting all of them except for two I am having trouble with, but now I know there is no freaking reward for it! Might as well ask, how do you get the Taxi 2 Ledge gap in the Warehouse? Either I am not jumping to the correct place, or it just won't unlock for me.

Oh and School II is easily the hardest one for Hawkman. The others seem to go in a line, but that one is all over the place.
You should definitely give all the other stages a whirl score wise. I actually don't hate Downhill Jam as much as I did now that my score sits at 1.7mill (still plenty of room to improve there too). Mind you, when I can be bothered getting all the Projectives for all the skaters I'm sure the hatred will return in a ball of blinding fury haha.

From memory, Taxi 2 Ledge you should be going from the Taxi (shocking!) to the ledge that's got a rail and one of the sets of boxes on it. If you're still not sure about what ledge that is, the rail is the one that starts the old school line of "big grab trick or backfllip over the pipe/through the secret room into the holy shit grind". The description in the pause menu's gap list should've spelt it out for you (although I couldn't use them for the most part last night because my TV is from the dark ages, and thus the text reads at like font size 4 or something >_>), but that said sometimes the gaps just don't pop when you pull them off. There was quite a number of them I had to do multiple times because of that. The game doesn't seem to like when you completely and utterly overshoot the mark, which happens a ridiculous amount of times with maxed stats in this game heh. My last 2 were in the Hangar of all places, because I was finding it impossible to do Lil' Hopper Grind and by extension couldn't get Light Corner, so I ended up using one of my noob stated characters to get that.

My friend and I were going through them last night as a bit of a break from score grinding, and Taxi 2 Rail wouldn't pop for him no matter how many times he managed to jump from the taxi to the rail. Then it appeared when he fell millimetres short of the rail altogether. I've noticed sometimes that the game is just generous like that about it, mainly at the Mall where you can ollie alongside the planters for Planter Pop a lot of the time.

As for the whole revert hoo hah, call me old fashion but I much prefer life without the reverts (its probably why I still hold THPS2 as my favourite game in the entire series). Really makes coming up with lines highly entertaining to me.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX666Xx wrote:
And now I just wanted to say FUCK THE MALL! It was so hard to get 200k on that level!

I hate the glitchfest known as the mall, too. I was just fucking around in Free Skate trying to combo the whole mall from top to bottom and I attempted to grindthe little rails you grind on to get the secret DVD and once I touched the rail it launched me into a wall.

I am still in the progress of 100%ing every level. I have all but Downhill Jam and Mall. I need the Sick Score for both of them. Have all the cash in both. Fuck the linear levels.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got all the achievements this morning; now I have to work on getting Sick Scores for every game mode. My strategies for the Projectives Sick Scores on Mall and DJ were simple enough - find a very long rail, special grind it for a lot of static points (most preferably one that involves a gap), then just manual + ollie to flip trick ad nauseam to get the multiplier up. Kinda cheap, but those levels were so frustrating that I eventually stopped caring. Oh, and you could get a good boost right off the bat on DJ starting with a No Comply/Boneless, doing some manuals and flip tricks until you start going down the hill, then launch off the QP on the left and do a good grab to add static points to your multiplier, which should be like 10 by that point.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the game for a couple of days now. I've been sticking to the main career and projectives area, not touching the Hawkman or Big Head modes yet. The problem I'm having is that 500K at Venice Beach is just the hardest thing to do. Any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
Had the game for a couple of days now. I've been sticking to the main career and projectives area, not touching the Hawkman or Big Head modes yet. The problem I'm having is that 500K at Venice Beach is just the hardest thing to do. Any suggestions?
The line I liked using in THPS2 (and is the same in this game really) is to start with the ledge directly behind your starting point. I'd just nollie-grind/fliptrick/grind that for a while towards the quarterpipe at the end where one of the VB transfers is, ollie off, manual towards the quarterpipe at speed, and pull out a 720/900 grab trick to finish. If you really feel like it, you can also make the transfer over too. Depending on how well versed you are at doing such a thing and whether or not you decide to start off by getting your special meter up before you begin whoring that ledge, you can easily start with a 500k combo, but even if you don't manage to do it in one combo, if you bounce back and forth using that same ledge towards the bowl at the other end as well, you'll easily amass 500k in quick time.

expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing some of the posts in this thread, I'm kinda iffy about getting this game. Should I?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
After seeing some of the posts in this thread, I'm kinda iffy about getting this game. Should I?

You should. This game is a very fun remake. I think you can also play this game online with other people, too, which makes it so much better.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frigging Venice Beach has killed my urge to play this game.
>___>
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr0z3nD3m1s3 wrote:
expertwin wrote:

You should. This game is a very fun remake. I think you can also play this game online with other people, too, which makes it so much better.

Okay, so I was going to get this game; I just wanted confirmation.

Just spent 1200 on this thing. I don't regret it.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
RLKDragon wrote:
The line I liked using in THPS2 (and is the same in this game really) is to start with the ledge directly behind your starting point. I'd just nollie-grind/fliptrick/grind that for a while towards the quarterpipe at the end where one of the VB transfers is, ollie off, manual towards the quarterpipe at speed, and pull out a 720/900 grab trick to finish. If you really feel like it, you can also make the transfer over too. Depending on how well versed you are at doing such a thing and whether or not you decide to start off by getting your special meter up before you begin whoring that ledge, you can easily start with a 500k combo, but even if you don't manage to do it in one combo, if you bounce back and forth using that same ledge towards the bowl at the other end as well, you'll easily amass 500k in quick time.

Hit the bowl that's behind you to build up special. Grind up the stairs and start your combo with a few special grinds.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: