Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 ps2 to 360 conversion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manbearpig06  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: GH2 ps2 to 360 conversion Reply with quote

Someone had made a few custom PS2 iso's for GH2, and I'm not sure I know how to convert them. I've read through about the files you need for making it work with a 360, but I have never owned a ps2, and know nothing about it. Is it just a normal iso, and will it have the files just sitting there for me to create the 360 files with?

Even a link to a thread that I missed, or a point in the right direction would help tremendously.
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: GH2 ps2 to 360 conversion Reply with quote

manbearpig06 wrote:
Someone had made a few custom PS2 iso's for GH2

manbearpig06 wrote:
but I have never owned a ps2

Sorry can't help you.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it depends on if he legally owns an original GH2 disc, for both systems (the PS2 copy, to legally possess the customs, and the 360 copy, to legally possess the "new" custom disc).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
manbearpig06  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Well, it depends on if he legally owns an original GH2 disc, for both systems (the PS2 copy, to legally possess the customs, and the 360 copy, to legally possess the "new" custom disc).

My brother has a (now broken due to throwing it at a wall) ps2, and still has Gh1 and 2 for it, and I have everything from 2 up on 360 disks, so I do physically have both disks. I had thought that custom song files were made with programs found on this website. Are the programs actually using game assets to make the files?
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in a way, yeah, the only non-original game assets most custom discs have are charts and audio (and maybe a few graphics). The reason he brought that up was because it's way too easy to download custom ISOs without owning the original (and with no PS2, you can understand the concern).

I'm pretty sure the .MID files are the same between systems on GH2, so what you would need to do would be to extract the .VGS files off the PS2 custom disc, convert them to an equivalent .MOGG (at least I think GH2 360 uses .MOGGs, skylerinman could clue you in a little more on this topic) and then replace the original audio and charts on the 360 disc with the custom. You'll also want to edit the 360 DTB files to match up with the ones on the PS2 custom disc (song title, artist name, etc).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
manbearpig06  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Well, in a way, yeah, the only non-original game assets most custom discs have are charts and audio (and maybe a few graphics). The reason he brought that up was because it's way too easy to download custom ISOs without owning the original (and with no PS2, you can understand the concern).

I'm pretty sure the .MID files are the same between systems on GH2, so what you would need to do would be to extract the .VGS files off the PS2 custom disc, convert them to an equivalent .MOGG (at least I think GH2 360 uses .MOGGs, skylerinman could clue you in a little more on this topic) and then replace the original audio and charts on the 360 disc with the custom. You'll also want to edit the 360 DTB files to match up with the ones on the PS2 custom disc (song title, artist name, etc).

That'll give me some place to start at least, much appreciated. And I probably could have said it better, as my intent was just to say I'd never worked with the ps2 files before because I never had one of my own to mess with, I didn't mean to imply anything illicit. I'm only used to 360 disks, and those aren't exactly readable in a normal iso file viewer.

Playing 2 on my brother's ps2 is actually what got me into GH in the first place, and I immediately bought it for 360 when it came out (and still use the controller that came with it in fact).
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do LocalH.

The .MID files between the two platforms are indeed the same.
But the GH2360v2.1 tool for 360, is a bit buggy. I only use it for reference to see which songs have how many channels. It does have a built in .DTB editor, but you can't add more characters in the text than there originally was.

But yes, when you extract the .MID and .VGS from the GH2 disc, search on here for a tool to convert the .VGS to a usable audio format.

After you got your files for 360, depending on which song you wanna replace, you have to open up GH2360v2.1 and see how many channels it is. For example, you're replacing the song "Salvation", it's 6 channels, import your audio file in Audacity, and export it as a mutichannel .OGG with 6 channels, but only have the audio going to the 1st and 2nd channel, and nothing on the rest. Only use the first and second channel beings its the band track. After you export it rename the file extension from .OGG to .MOGG.

After you have your .MID and .MOGG, I recommend importing to the 360 .ARK using Arktool over GH2360v2.1. Just Google Arktool 7. And the same way you extracted from GH2 PS2, is the same way you're gonna replace your .MID and .MOGG with Arktool. Also, you can edit your songs.DTB that you can extract from 360 with Arktool, with the unencryptedDTB Editor that comes with Arktool. 360 .DTB's won't work with PS2 .DTB editors. Just let me know if you need more info about GH2 360 guys.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTB/DTA Tools

That's the way I prefer to make my edits (dtb2dta to get a DTA and DTBTool to get a new DTB after edits), and they work with unencrypted DTB files, there's also a DTBCrypt utility that will handle encryption and decryption from the command line. Thus I would think they would also work with the decrypted files you get from Arktool. If you're at all familiar with DTA files from either the ones that shipped on the RB1 PS2 disc or the ones used inside DLC packs and things like that (which I understand to usually be plaintext DTA files), that's how I make mods :P

DTBTool informs you of fatal syntax errors if you screw something up bad in the DTA such that it can't be imported.

manbearpig06  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. I got the songs.dtb file open in GH2 Name Editor, but GH2DTBEdit (from arktool), DTBtool, and dtb2dta all give errors when trying to open it.

I had a little more success with DtbCrypt, using old style decrypting, but it's still mostly scrambled other than some words here and there, as opposed to a dta file I looked at from a dlc container. It also still can't be opened in dtbtool.

I'm also curious what the .voc file is used for.

And you wouldn't happen to have a link to GH2360v2.1 would you? The one I found on this site looks like it's dead.
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manbearpig06 wrote:
Strange. I got the songs.dtb file open in GH2 Name Editor, but GH2DTBEdit (from arktool), DTBtool, and dtb2dta all give errors when trying to open it.

I had a little more success with DtbCrypt, using old style decrypting, but it's still mostly scrambled other than some words here and there, as opposed to a dta file I looked at from a dlc container. It also still can't be opened in dtbtool.

I'm also curious what the .voc file is used for.

And you wouldn't happen to have a link to GH2360v2.1 would you? The one I found on this site looks like it's dead.

I'm not entirely sure for .voc, I think animations for vocals? Idk. But here ya go with the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?adbkz3a4o0b03km
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manbearpig06 wrote:

That sounds like it's still encrypted old-style. If GH2ne opened it, then the original unpatched GH2 DTB Editor oughta open it too.

Quote:

DtbCrypt only decrypts the DTB, it doesn't convert it. You then have to run the decrypted DTB through dtb2dta, then you'll have a DTA to edit, which can be imported into DTBTool. Unless I'm misunderstanding what exactly it is you're doing.

manbearpig06  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the songs part working now, I had figured out pretty much what you just said. Now I just need to figure out why it crashes as soon as it tries to preview or play GH2360 verified I made it with the right amount of channels, and I injected the .mid and .mogg with arktool along with songs.dtb. Song name shows up, so at least that part worked.

The mogg plays fine in audacity, is 6 channels like the song it replaced, and you said the .mid file is the same between versions, so I don't get what I'm missing.
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manbearpig06 wrote:
I got the songs part working now, I had figured out pretty much what you just said. Now I just need to figure out why it crashes as soon as it tries to preview or play GH2360 verified I made it with the right amount of channels, and I injected the .mid and .mogg with arktool along with songs.dtb. Song name shows up, so at least that part worked.

The mogg plays fine in audacity, is 6 channels like the song it replaced, and you said the .mid file is the same between versions, so I don't get what I'm missing.

In the songs.dtb make sure the preview time is within the length of the song, it makes PS2 freeze, and maybe 360 too, on disk anyway.. I'm running my GH2 off my 360's HDD, and it doesn't freeze when the preview is off. But like I said, off the HDD. What is your backup method?
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
manbearpig06  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skylerinman wrote:
manbearpig06 wrote:

In the songs.dtb make sure the preview time is within the length of the song, it makes PS2 freeze, and maybe 360 too, on disk anyway.. I'm running my GH2 off my 360's HDD, and it doesn't freeze when the preview is off. But like I said, off the HDD. What is your backup method?

Usb, plain files, on a jtag. I think I may have inadvertently responded to you on youtube about the same topic, so I'll drop the responses on that site.
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah probably me lol. user skatefreek right? I'm running a RGH, so instead of doing this disc thing messing with .DTB's and everything, since you have a JTAG try the my DLC tutorial, I know you said you have, but I did come across a thing earlier. If you don't open your 6 channel .OGG and make it a .MOGG with RB DLC Tools, it'll freeze at the preview. Just happened to me 15min ago. My mistake, you can't just rename it a .MOGG. Try that my friend.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: