ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I know I am late for the party...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldo1  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: I know I am late for the party... Reply with quote

But I still love guitar hero! I have been trying to improve lately and stumbled across this forum. For how GH for the most part is currently dead I am amazed at all the activity lately. The HeroFeed GHComm nights seem to be pretty booming, the vVv online tourney was a fun watch (I will never understand how you people are that good), I followed the Hero4theHeart stream, and even had downloaded some of the old starpowered podcasts(haha they were hillarious!).

Anyone else here play on PS3? Is the online absolutely horrendous for anyone else? When playing online I get constant "lost connection to the host" "unable to join online game" . Then if I get one of those errors and try to search for a new game I will get the Yellow Ring of freezing in the bottom right corner of the screen( like it is caught in a constant load and the only way to get out of it is hit the ps button and go quit game, which in turn restarts the entire PS3 system). Then there is the bugs were it will randomly change my difficulty to a different one . It will randomly lefty flip. It will randomly change from guitar to bass or even to drums, when there isnt even any drums hooked up. Or how wormhole and hypersphere override performance mode(this happens when I play single player as well).
These problems only happen when I am playing multiplayer on PSN. Regardless I still love this game and have some online people I jam with weekly.

Anyway just wanted to say this is an awesome site, and a great resource for people that are still rocking out on guitar hero. Keep up the good work !
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site really is a great resource. I used to be pretty bad relatively speaking when I found this site, back in 08. I didn't have that many FC's on hard, and I couldn't 5 star the higher teir songs (refering to GH3). As for expert, I had no FC's (maaaaybe Generation Rock but i'm not 100% sure), and maybe only up to teir 5 or so with 5 stars. But now...well, I have a minus 10 on Revolution Deathsquad on Expert, among MANY other Expert FC's and accomplishments that I give a good bit of credit to this site for. This site has pushed my limits of playing higher and higher. I've made some GREAT friends (Mr.Sci, Mr.whYYZ, The B.O.D., Anthony8, Davers, the list goes on), i've learned techniques and playing styles I never thought were possible, and best of all, because of what i've learned and the support i've gotten and still get, I know my skills will continue to increase . Yours will to! Never be afraid to ask for help on any songs, because I can guarantee you that someone here that's still active will be able to help you .
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
This site really is a great resource. I used to be pretty bad relatively speaking when I found this site, back in 08. I didn't have that many FC's on hard, and I couldn't 5 star the higher teir songs (refering to GH3). As for expert, I had no FC's (maaaaybe Generation Rock but i'm not 100% sure), and maybe only up to teir 5 or so with 5 stars. But now...well, I have a minus 10 on Revolution Deathsquad on Expert, among MANY other Expert FC's and accomplishments that I give a good bit of credit to this site for. This site has pushed my limits of playing higher and higher. I've made some GREAT friends (Mr.Sci, Mr.whYYZ, The B.O.D., Anthony8, Davers, the list goes on), i've learned techniques and playing styles I never thought were possible, and best of all, because of what i've learned and the support i've gotten and still get, I know my skills will continue to increase . Yours will to! Never be afraid to ask for help on any songs, because I can guarantee you that someone here that's still active will be able to help you .

This is the same thing that has happened to me...When I first found out about Scorehero, I barely had any FC's...But now, I have gained them a lot quicker and have gotten some pretty nice ones..And looking at FC's people get on here inspire me to try and go for the FC of that same song...which is more practice (practice makes perfect)..
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I joined SH, I sucked.
And I still do, but now I suck less!

But yeah, the community's quieter, but a lot of the more dedicated players have stuck around (hell, I haven't FCed anything new in over a year thanks to a broken guitar and I still post in the FC breakdown threads >.>)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a fresh face enthused about GH As Bradmasta said, this is a great site for resources. Anything you want to know about the game can be found here. There is always somebody that knows how to help no matter what it is. And don't be afraid to ask for help! Even the best of the best ask for it! The more you play the game, the better you will be able to start noticing patterns and learning techniques.

I joined back in 07 when searching for some the release date for GH80s. I played Medium and some Hard back in those days. After joining, I jumped it up to mainly just Hard and trying to pass songs on Expert. Now a days, I play customs on mainly just Expert. But the point is, I improved greatly because of THIS site. And I still get excited about the game. I'm nowhere near as good as probably half this site, but that doesn't bother me since I just enjoy playing the game
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all suck. this place just makes us feel better about it.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ps3 network suck for GH online mode and i do play on ps3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: