ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just got home from Joystix in Houston, TX...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Just got home from Joystix in Houston, TX... Reply with quote

and I've got to say they've got one of the best working GH Arcade cabinets I have ever seen. In fact, they have two (although unfortunately it seems that only one of them is calibrated). You have to be over 21 or have an accompanying adult, but if you meet those stipulations they often do something called Pac-Man Fever where you pay $15 at the door and get free play on an intense amount of old school arcade games (though from what I saw tonight, these events seem to be pretty packed). I'd love to meet up with some SH peeps and play some GH on a cabinet that actually works. Maybe if turnout is good enough we can convince them to host a tournament there or something.

Is anyone interest?

PS: This place is mad legit. I got to play Missile Command with a freaking track ball and the walls are lined with ridiculous amounts of pinball machines. Oh, and they have a bar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only bad thing about GH Arcades is that most of the machines aren't calibrated, as I have learned..

As for being on subject, I would do this, but I live nowhere near Texas...Sorry
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a legit working GH Arcade machine? Good controllers and no lag? I mean the ones up here..meh, and the lag...meh. I've gotten used to it.

ANYWAY, as with GHfan, nowhere near Texas lol. Hope you get a good turnout though
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that the arcade cabinets in Dave and Busters off of Westheimer are both perfectly calibrated. In fact, some people have gotten some pretty kickass scores on them. No HS though as always.

Also, only one card swipe is needed to play any of the songs. In other words, the premium songs cost the same as the other songs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: