ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised no one is talking about this here. I rented it and put a little time into the game. No XBL, so I can't do multiplayer, but I did play a round of zombies by myself and did some singleplayer. Zombies is pretty much the same, though the new ideas the on the move survival with the bus is kinda cool, but didn't really do too much. Singleplayer is the same also and even the side "Strike Missions" that I thought were going to be a part of the actual story campaign, or just optional side mission stuff. Sure the strike missions will go away if you don't do them after a few story missions, but it just feels like all they did was tack on a objective version of the MW3 survival mode to the singleplayer to kinda artificially inflate the singleplayer length.

Overall, not bad, more of the same, glad I rented it lol
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY THOUGHTS!!!!

The campaign was pretty good I think. It's cool that you can change the outcome by making some choices. There's not as many choices as they'd like you to think but there's a good amount. I played through it on veteran in one sitting, and I'd have to say it's the easiest CoD on veteran out of them all. I didn't get stuck anywhere at all for any extended period of time. Took maybe 8-9 hours to beat it. And about the strike missions on veteran....hard as fuck. I couldn't do it. I guess they would be possible to do on veteran but they are just stupid hard. I don't like the concept of them anyways.

Haven't played zombies but I've seen videos and honestly I'm a little disappointed in it. Was expecting more out of it but it just looks the same. Probably won't be playing it much.

Multiplayer seems pretty solid, haven't played much but it's pretty fun. I like the new create a class system. So far the maps seem pretty meh, nothing spectacular, but the game feels good overall. It's definitely better than MW3 that's for sure, not much can be worse than that shit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the "tactical view" for the strike missions. It feels really sloppy and not very intuitive, even after I did the tutorial. With the one I did, since you only need two parts to survive, I put everything on one point and then spent the time limit being a soldier and defending the other one. Was much easier, though man, sometimes the soldiers do not want to move. I figure it was something they added in abit late and didn't get time to fine tune, cause it's just not done super well.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is horrible online, and it truly pains me to say that after how much I 1) loved the first Black Ops and 2) hated MW3.

I constantly feel like I'm playing 1.5 seconds behind everyone else. I've never experienced such horrible Wanted bullets until this game, and my bullets do absolutely nothing. I've captured clips and slowed them down just to see if I'm missing - I'm not. The game's just broken, at least on my connection.

I can tell it'd be a great online shooter if it WORKED.

I know K/D doesn't mean everything, blah blah. However, I had like a 2.6 in Black Ops 1, and I have lower than a 1.4 in this game. You don't get that bad overnight. :/

Good thing zombies and the campaign are fun.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the "lag compensation" (that's what everyone's calling the issue you have sorasgoof) problem that a lot of people are reporting, but that's probably because my Xbox is plugged straight into the wall and I'm hosting the game 9/10 because of how good the internet is at the University of Alabama lol.

Even when I am not host though, I've never noticed it. I know the exact issue though, as described by many:

You shoot, the bullets HIT the enemy multiple times (and register hit markers), and suddenly you die without even taking prior damage. The KillCam shows that your killer only took one bullet, but freely pumped about 3-4 into you.

I'm sure Treyarch will work it out if it's this widespread of an issue though. Black Ops 2 is addicting as hell, I haven't felt so addicted to a CoD game since CoD4.
V0Lt4Ge  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first CoD in which I haven't beaten the campaign within the first week of release on veteran since CoD 3. Got stuck on the first Strike Force mission and just gave up for the moment. I'll probably beat it over winter break...

Zombies is Zombies still. Haven't played more than a few rounds of TranZit with my friends, but is was pretty cool.

But multiplayer... I really enjoy it so far. Treyarch did a good job with the guns. Very balanced - much more so than BlOps 1 - and each weapon seems to have both pros and cons. Also, the "pick 10" system they added is really fun to play around with for create-a-class.

I do wish the public game matchmaking was a bit more lax with the whole true-skill stuff (isn't that what League Play is for?), but I've adapted to the challenge for the most part. You just need to be a bit more patient and stealthy is all... And if you run into a bad lobby, just back out.

"Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish... Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry - an absolute death machine."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: V0Lt4Ge
meister  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not as good at this game as I was at previous CoDs, my k/d is just sitting at around 1.00 all the time. I don't know why, but there isn't anywhere you can go to see how many times you died, only your amount of kills.
Here's a video that shows a rather bizarre death. I believe I would have survived that gunfight if it had not happened

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: