ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Unfortunately I don't belong to that subset of people who beat it on "super hardcore pre-nerf Inferno!!!" so I'm, like, a total noob, right? But hey, it was still fun!

The old Inferno must've been completely out of balance and stupid (like Blizzard said it was), because the climb in difficulty is quite smooth now. And even with my geared-to-the-teeth, 1k res 6k armor, serenity-breath of heaven-blinding flash -monk, I'm still dying because of the molten-waller-arcane fast moving monsters. Well, any monster with molten. The new monster power system seems a lot better way to handle the difficulty issue than having people farm ACT I for 6 months in order to get to ACT II and III.

So no, they're not actually nerfing Inferno, they're just letting you nerf it yourself, or make it borderline impossible. Higher difficulty - better loot. And now all the pre-nerf inferno players can really show how much better they are.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jokupelle wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Unfortunately I don't belong to that subset of people who beat it on "super hardcore pre-nerf Inferno!!!" so I'm, like, a total noob, right? But hey, it was still fun!

The old Inferno must've been completely out of balance and stupid (like Blizzard said it was), because the climb in difficulty is quite smooth now. And even with my geared-to-the-teeth, 1k res 6k armor, serenity-breath of heaven-blinding flash -monk, I'm still dying because of the molten-waller-arcane fast moving monsters. Well, any monster with molten. The new monster power system seems a lot better way to handle the difficulty issue than having people farm ACT I for 6 months in order to get to ACT II and III.

So no, they're not actually nerfing Inferno, they're just letting you nerf it yourself, or make it borderline impossible. Higher difficulty - better loot. And now all the pre-nerf inferno players can really show how much better they are.

Yup, that sounds about right... I picked it up for a little while yesterday after a few weeks off (what with Borderlands 2 coming out and all), and only a few moments of Act III was enough to convince me I need some better stuff before I try to move forward. But hey, I'd rather be failing because it's legitimately hard, not because it's just broken and unfair (i.e. needing Act 4 items to beat Act 2)

Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know for those who don't, Diablo 3 is $10 at Toys 'R Us (with Best Buy etc price matching). Granted, your Best Buy (if they do it right) will need to call the local TRU to make sure they have it in stock, but that's a hell of a deal if you can swing it.

A bunch of other PC games are also $10, Starcraft 2, MW3, etc. You'll have to look at the website.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Silly  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It’s that time again! On the morning of Tuesday, November 6, we’ll be conducting maintenance in order to reset the Diablo II ladder."

As if there weren't enough reasons to not play D3... Anyone else running the ladder when it hits?

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing this again with a group of people, and so far it's pretty fun. Not that it WASN'T Fun before, it was just irritating dieing in 1 hit to everything in Act II Inferno, although now it's a bit too easy. Been rolling through Inferno on Monster Power 1.

I've re-geared my Wizard to run with a CM build. For anyone else with a wizard, check out this Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlCBaBE574I

I've soent ~600-700k on gear on the AH, and I've had no problems on MP3 in Act III so far, and MP5 on Act I.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D3 is $20 off right now for Black Friday!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster power was a great addition, this game is a lot more fun now. My husband and I started new characters because he's tired of his witch doctor now, and playing a Barb on Act 1 Normal with MP10 makes things much more interesting. If anyone wants to play Friday/Saturday night or Sunday just let me know.

And that new ping for legendary drops feels all kinds of good. By Act 2 I already found my 2nd shit Legendary (but it's a level 10 item, so I can't really complain :p).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
aldo1  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still playing? I am and not sure why, think it is just D2 nostalgic hangover.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play once a week, usually on Sunday afternoons. We tend to finish an act every time we play, so right now we're on Act 3 Nightmare with a wizard and a barbarian.

PM me if you want to play, there's always at least 2 of us playing but we welcome more

We are level 47 thanks to MP10. But if you want to play Inferno you'll have to wait a little while for us to catch up (though we do have level 60 characters on Inferno, we are not equipped to beat Act 3 - then again we haven't tried in a while).

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play pretty much every day / every 2 days. I like the game a lot. I'm not really interested in PVP, so the delay doesn't bother me at all honestly. I think I'm around 850h played now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RheaultWnage-1401/

I alternate between farming EXP with my Barb, farming Leoric's Signet with my Monk, levelling in HC and farming some achievements. (Currently working on getting a 2nd toon of each class to lvl 60. WD and DH are done, Wizard is 30, HC Barb is in the 40s and I lost 4 or 5 HC Monks in the 50s, lol)

Haven't been insanely lucky on item drops, sadly. I just broke the 100m gold mark this morning, been saving forever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a couple of hours every couple of days - any more than that and it just feels like a chore. Loot's dried up though. Here's my best find:

http://i.imgur.com/B6XhY.jpg

450m before AH cut. Geared my DH up something fierce: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Silly-2449/hero/4576539

20/12 EDIT: LOL DISREGARD THAT BIT ABOUT LOOT DRYING UP http://imgur.com/Rh5VD

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a lot of things have been added since the last time this thread was bumped. I really enjoy the brawling portion of the game now ('cause come on, after an afternoon of grinding it's fun to just beat the crap out of each other), and I can't wait for the next patch: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013

I really feel like this game is getting better every patch and they are listening to quite a lot of the complaints. I tend to play in cycles, beating the game once or twice and taking a break until a new patch or feature comes out that makes me want to play again. I really wish they had waited 6 months for the initial release, then I think the fan reactions wouldn't have been so harsh. There are still some legitimate flaws with the game, but it's not bad the way everyone is making it out to be. Anyone else still playing?

I really want to try Path of Exile someday, I just need to stop being lazy and figure out this Boot Camp business.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try the new patch for a small moment after a 4 month hiatus, and I had completely lost my touch of the game lol. The health bar was just not where it used to be, and I was constantly about to die at MP7. Not used to having skills in the number keys anymore.

If I were to return to D3, it would have to be on the Hardcore side of it. It is the only item sink in the game, and the game *desperately* needs an item sink in my opinion. One of my core enjoyments of the game was the competitive building of a character against your friends and the whole world. But the game did not reward time investment as I wished it would, and too much is to blame for the auction and other things that cause the economy and items to inflate endlessly to the point where you need only a million of gold to succesfully farm anything in the game. I miss the days when 900 dps on a onehander was a big thing. Hardcore would be more exciting anyways, since you could play a little bit on the edge after you know pretty much all the things that can kill you in the game. I could go on about the RMAH and the boring itemization and the abysmal story and monks abysmal amount of viable builds (one) and whatever, but I guess those issues and what I already mention are pretty well beaten to death already...

Maybe we could start a little 4-(wo)man HC group, start out fresh, self-found, no auction house, MP2 inferno to make inferno what it approximately used to be. I at least think that sounds fun. Then again, a 6 person group in Path of Exile sounds ten times as exciting, especially with the ongoing races.

The latest developer journal was also a nice read and they are continuing their stream of excellent patches. And I bet everyone would agree that they should've postponed the games launch by at least 6 months, but I'm not sure how much good it would've done, seeing as the games was in production for such a humongous amount of time and still released in a pretty much pre-beta state. If anything, it's the player input that the devs needed the most, and the game has been heading in the right direction ever since.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried two Hardcore mode characters so far. Both of them got tonked by lag death; that was more than enough to convince me that Hardcore is a dead loss in this game. Grr.

Still trying out everything else; I'd like to get one of every character to Lv60 (Demon Hunters are SO MUCH FUN), and that'll likely be my lot. The auction house has made the game about grinding for cash rather than grinding for loot, and that just doesn't work.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jokupelle wrote:
Maybe we could start a little 4-(wo)man HC group, start out fresh, self-found, no auction house, MP2 inferno to make inferno what it approximately used to be. I at least think that sounds fun. Then again, a 6 person group in Path of Exile sounds ten times as exciting, especially with the ongoing races.

I wouldn't mind a 4 person group to play with, but hardcore is just not for me. I am just not good enough, plus it would take all the fun out of it. One of my husband's friends is one of those people that played for 500 hours but complains constantly about how the game is bad, so I can tell you right away... if anybody wants to play with us, don't be that guy that talks about how much he hates the game all the time while playing. I mean WTF, just stop playing if it's that bad... but I'm having fun

My current Barb is all self-found, no auction house, so that is definitely a pretty fun way to play. If the auction house bothers you it's pretty easy to ignore it, thankfully. Anyways, if anybody is up for it, I usually have 1 or 2 others playing when I'm on, you know what to do

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kathya  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
One of my husband's friends is one of those people that played for 500 hours but complains constantly about how the game is bad, so I can tell you right away... if anybody wants to play with us, don't be that guy that talks about how much he hates the game all the time while playing. I mean WTF, just stop playing if it's that bad...

This touched a nerve. It's not that simple! People always yell at me when I'm playing the hell out of a game I hate and complaining about it as I go, with things like "WTF STOP PLAYING IT" - No! I actually want to play it.
Often what makes the game worth it is not the game itself. It's bad enough that frustration is part of the experience, to look down on me for it is adding insult to injury.

That said, I actually just sold my Demon Hunter's gear for a few hundred euro right about when Paragon was introduced.
I'll show myself out... ...Or in, I should catch up with D3 in general, the changes overall look great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: