ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sort of get that, like the feeling of WANTING to like the game so much that you keep playing even though you hate it (I've seen people explain how they played for hundreds of hours in the hope that the end game is somehow better, so they get extra bitter when it's more of the same).

It just gets grating after a while. Nobody wants to play with that guy that clearly hates the game but continues to play for whatever reason (nostalgia, because his friends are playing, etc). No matter the context, nobody likes a constant complainer. I don't look down on people who do this, I just wonder WHY? Why put so much time and energy into a thing that you hate? Just confuses me I guess.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Since they don't give an actual achievement for reaching Paragon Level 100, I decided to make my own: http://imgur.com/a/jpuO7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I only just reached Paragon level 10 on my Barb yesterday. We actually havent really played in a couple of weeks because our internet screwed up something fierce, so we finally switched over. I am quite pleased with the result.

Since then I've found 3 legendaries (Storm Crow, Stormshield and my first green! Natalya's Sight). I'm sure you've found hundreds of legendaries on your barb, but it's still so exciting for me hah. Considering my barb is using only self-found and self-crafted items I'm quite pleased with her progress.

I also started a Demon Hunter, she's at lvl 30 now. They are so fun to play but takes some getting used to after playing a barb for 100+ hours.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loot 2.0.

What.

The.

Fuck.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously. Hard to believe it's been almost a year since I posted in this thread, but if any of you were disappointed with D3 at launch you owe it to yourself to at least try the new Loot 2.0 patch. It seriously feels like a whole new game. I was happy with the game before now but the improvements they've made really make me excited for Reaper of Souls.

I was able to find upgrades for almost all my items after 2-3 days of playing. Legendarys drop with more regularity (roughly 1 per hour) and the buffs to skills make it even more fun to play. They improved the itemization so much you truly don't need the Auction House. It's so much fun to get yellow drops that you know will roll with proper stats for your characters. No more finding quivers and mighty belts playing on my Monk haha. Also, frost wizard <3

1KJ08mq.jpg
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been playing since last week and am level 57 on my WD. Looking forward to playing at level 60 :)

I played the console version and had a lot of fun, I waited with the pc version until the 2.0 patch was released for PC seeing as the loot on console was just insanely fun.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the sum total of one legendary item that was better than my legacy gear (and a lot that were worse). And yesterday my hardcore Wiz found a Monk-only spirit stone with strength as its only stat.

I say again; Patch 2.0, what the FUCK. I liked my lifesteal, dammit.

bumfood wrote:
Have been playing since last week and am level 57 on my WD. Looking forward to playing at level 60

That'll take you all of six minutes, seeing as levelling is now a piece of piss.

"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it all depends on the level of the gear you had before the patch really. Right now at level 60, loot 2.0 isn't automatically better than good pre patch loot.

Gloves/Amulet/Rings (high rolled tri/quadfectas), Weapons (LS/high CD), legendaries with IAS/CD/MS (Mempo, Witching Hour, Lacuni's, Inna's Pants, etc.) and stuff like that can be really hard to replace unless you do a big overhaul. I personally found a Thunderfury on my Barb, but I'm not even using it right now because the Lifesteal Skorn I found ages ago is just too good for the WW/Rend spec.

Once we reach level 70, that will be a thing of the past.

In other news, I started an Hardcore Monk a few days ago and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I even found the Hallowed Defenders set plan and made some pretty sweet one handers. I really want to craft some more but I pretty much ran out of crafting materials, and I'm trying to not buy anything off the AH. :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting to see everyone's differing experience and even negativity... I browse a few different diablo forums and the reaction from fans seem to be overwhelming positive. I guess if you spent a ton of gold/money in the auction house you're going to have a tougher time finding upgrades than I did. Also keep in mind a lot of you are comparing level 63 items to the level 60 items that are dropping now. Overall I feel the changes they made were an improvement and have kept me playing longer than ever before.

Honestly your sheet DPS is barely accurate anymore. My Monk only has 75K DPS on paper but she can handle Torment 3 thanks to the items she has that buff lightning skill damage and so on. Meanwhile my Demon Hunter with 200K dps is doing worse than before because of life steal, so I guess I can see how that would be frustrating. It's fun though (IMO) to rework your character without the help of the AH. I've had fun playing each character for a few hours and re-working my build and items. And it'll all be moot soon anyway when ROS launches and we'll all get level 70 gear.

Someday I'll be brave enough to try hardcore... maybe when Google Fiber finally comes in hah

1KJ08mq.jpg
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
interesting to see everyone's differing experience and even negativity... I browse a few different diablo forums and the reaction from fans seem to be overwhelming positive. I guess if you spent a ton of gold/money in the auction house you're going to have a tougher time finding upgrades than I did. Also keep in mind a lot of you are comparing level 63 items to the level 60 items that are dropping now. Overall I feel the changes they made were an improvement and have kept me playing longer than ever before.

Honestly your sheet DPS is barely accurate anymore. My Monk only has 75K DPS on paper but she can handle Torment 3 thanks to the items she has that buff lightning skill damage and so on. Meanwhile my Demon Hunter with 200K dps is doing worse than before because of life steal, so I guess I can see how that would be frustrating. It's fun though (IMO) to rework your character without the help of the AH. I've had fun playing each character for a few hours and re-working my build and items. And it'll all be moot soon anyway when ROS launches and we'll all get level 70 gear.

Someday I'll be brave enough to try hardcore... maybe when Google Fiber finally comes in hah

Yeah, I've had the distinct impression that I'm the only one not enjoying post-patch (I never even hated the auction house, which has barely 24h left at time of writing). RoS better make things a bit better.

I can get around on T3 with all five classes, but the gains aren't (for me) worth the extra time it takes compared against T2. If I can gear up a bit more then it might be a bit more interesting, but... as mentioned, it's a colossal struggle to gear up now and I have a day job to be getting on with. ;-) My cousin got the game in January, and he does nothing with his life so he's already on about 60(45), while it's taken me years to get to 60(78). Levelling is too easy now.

I've only lost two hardcore characters so far - both to rubberband lag spikes. Grr.

Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a lot of fun with it since the patch and I'm pretty darn excited for Reaper of Souls. Bounties and Rifts is gonna be awesome :D

If anyone wanna check out my gear (or friend me if you are on the EU servers) here's me http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kubuh-1840/hero/36254573

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here be me: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kinitawowi64-2408/hero/24867831

Including the first Loot 2.0 legacy that was actually better than previous. That new Dead Man's Legacy is a beast.

buMf00d  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Profile,

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/buMf00d-2418/hero/35793823 this is after about 2-3 weeks of playing.

Actually leveled a hardcore character to 60 yesterday. Shit was intense lol.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardcore still freaks me out. Should probably get on with that right now to be honest - it's kinda pointless grinding everybody else for gear when RoS is right around the corner.

Oh, and screw Amazon. They got the wrong bank card when they tried to take payment for my preorder and it's going to take a couple of days for them to sort it out, so RoS will have to wait until about Thursday. Bastards.

Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full Born's Defiance and Cain's Fate sets on my Crusader. Time for some hardcore leveling (tomorrow). Gives me 119 bonus exp% and 209 exp per kill. Will see how long I can actually use these things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: