ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. What can I say about the expansion? I've only experienced the first third or half of Act V but it feels amazing so far. I have to hand it to Blizzard for making the launch totally seamless. I had a group of 4 dicking around in Act IV and 5 minutes til launch we got the "ROS is Live!" message and went to kill Diablo. Then Act V loaded up without a hitch and we were playing immediately. I could barely contain my excitement. After the Error 37 disaster it's nice to see this launch exceed expectations.

The music in Act V is awesome, the atmosphere feels so dire and like nothing else in the game as of yet. The loot drops have been insane. I replaced my Manticore randomly with a 1800dps yellow bow. I know this loot will seem bad soon enough, but currently my mind is blown. I can't wait to level all 6 classes up to 70 and totally re-gear them.

Also, if anyone complained in the past about the game being too easy: the difficulty past 60 is kicking my ass. We were running Torment 1 up through the first boss (we can normally farm T3), then had to lower it to Master. I've heard of people who can farm T6 getting destroyed by the end on Expert even. Definitely gives you something to strive for

I haven't tried Crusader yet but that's the plan after work today. That along with Bounties and Adventure Mode. I am beyond excited for the future of this game and the countless hours I'll spend having fun with it. They also confirmed ladders with the next major patch as well as ladder-specific legendaries which should really add some longevity to the game. Overall, $40 well spent.

Plus I'll admit it's pretty satisfying to see all the people who thought Diablo 3 was literally the worst game ever admit that the game is pretty damn good now if not one of the best ARPGs ever made. There are still some haters, but they are quickly becoming the vocal minority... it's a great feeling

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the game this morning from a Best Buy kinda store (had a christmas giftcard) and it's been pretty fun. Decided to revert back to Softcore for now until I feel more confident about the new stuff. Boy is Act5 hard, it's been kicking my ass so bad on Torment 1, but I don't want to drop the difficulty because I need me some Marquise Gems. :P (Sold everything Flawless Square and above before the AH went down.) The A5 music is fucking great.

Back to it!

EDIT: Clearing A5 on Torment took me way longer than I expected, and it was quite challenging as well. The boss fights took forever due to my relatively low DPS. (I thought 200k dps lvl 60 Monk would be decent to start with, but I barely found any upgrade while leveling so monsters at level 68-70 were quite tanky.)

Started doing some bounties/rifts, they seem pretty fun. Can't wait to do more and start partying up!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how my monk now has 350K DPS and 5.4 million Toughness when I'm just running around. And the gear isn't even good yet.

Also Mystic makes everything a billion times easier to get useable gear (Which is awesome).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we had to take it down to master to beat Malthael but the entire act was awesome and really fun and challenging. The best/worst part is that Malthael drops a specific crafting material so eventually we will have to farm him... fun! I hate to use the word "epic" but that's how the boss fights/music/everything really felt. 10/10 definitely would play again

Also, after popping level 70 I got my Demon Hunter to around probably 300K dps (when you include my fire damage bonuses) but it's great to know the gear isn't even good yet and I still could replace almost all of it. I was running with 2 other Demon Hunters and one guy found a legendary bow that upped his damage to something like 600K, so that's probably the only reason we were able to beat the boss. I only hope I can get that lucky soon :D

I also started a Crusader and I think I'm going to be playing a lot of her for the next few weeks. Melee classes have always been especially satisfying to play in this game. Bounties and Rifts are a lot of fun too, during one rift we had at least 5 or 6 elite packs spawn really close together, we were laughing so hard as we kept aggroing more and more enemies. If you're not playing this game with a group you're doing it wrong!

Also, Death's Breath. I need so much of it! I wish I could pay gold to combine my thousands of Demonic Essence into Death's Breath haha.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy arrived this afternoon, and...

Crusader: Very Paladin from D2. Very, very Paladin from D2.

A5: Only played it as far as reaching the actual town, but... very D2. Trawling through cathedrals? Even the first boss reminded me of Andariel.

I'm not yet sure if these are a good thing. The overall summary of the fanbase since D3's release might as well have been "we don't want D3, we want a HD remake of D2" (just look at how many people still want runewords and such readded from D2), and the more the game panders to them the less it feels like it's progressing. We shall see.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to play a bit more of Act 5 before passing judgement. I was super confused when you said the first boss was like Andariel, then I figured out you must have meant that first mini boss before you even reach town. That'd be like me saying "Act 1 is so boring, but I've only just gotten to town" haha. IMO all 3 bosses are awesome and are nothing like the rest of the game and the environments are all really cool and varied. Also, there's only like 2 Crusader skills that are like the Paladin, so I don't really get that complaint either. But to each their own - there are definitely callbacks to D2 but I'd be hard pressed to say Blizzard is pandering to the crowd crying to bring back everything from D2.

Honestly it's the Rifts and Bounties in Adventure Mode that add the most for me. No more grinding the same campaign missions over and over. The endgame is a lot of fun with a group of 4 jumping into a new Rift that is a total gamble on what it's gonna be. Good drops feel more consistent and the skills feel effective and fun (my biggest problem with Path of Exile is the awful clunky combat... an ARPG just isn't good IMO if the "action" part of it isn't fun)

Is the game gonna entertain me every night and weekend for the next 10 years like some people were apparently expecting out of Diablo 3? No, certainly not. But I think it's well worth the money and fixes the majority of problems people had with the game, as well as adding some new modes. Hope you enjoy the rest of Act V, personally I thought the final boss was the best boss of the game, it's like baby's first shmup haha.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I've fought my way through Westmarch Commons (a couple of times, after it crashed once) to Gideon's Row, and...

1) Yeah, it's actually pretty dark and compelling in there.

2) Too many of the dungeons in there use the exact same house tile. Yes, I know, that's the D3 randomizer's methodology, but for the cost of the pack I'd have thought they could have come up with a few more variants.

3) I fought my way through the Plague Tunnels to the Firestorm event at the end, but finally had to concede defeat; I'm gaining levels much faster than I'm gaining gear and the dynamic difficulty is annihilating me. My 60(88) monk gave T2 a good fight up to level 66 but I still haven't found a single piece of Loot 2.0 / RoS gear worth giving him (and in RoS, I haven't found a single yellow fist weapon at all yet). I'll probably need to dial it down to Master until I can gear up. Still, it's been fun finding Marquise and Imperial gems just lying around on the ground. :D

-Edit- Went down to T1. Met Uzrael at Lv69 and he had 489m HP! Still, he's dead now (once I worked out the tell for his fire hose it was just a case of kiting and chipping - he corner jammed me at 3.8m once).

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamn do I love playing my Fire Wizard. I'm still looking for 2 pieces of Fire Bird set (a good source for the %Fire/%Meteor and either shoulders or helm. all I got from that set was a shitty pair of pants, but the pair of Vyr I found later was way better), a lvl 70 Witching Hour (no Kadaluck on that part, although she gave me like 6 other legendary belts already. more Souls!) and a lvl 70 Fire SoJ. (Found a Cold one, but rerolling it to Fire would still not be an upgrade over the lvl 60 one I found pre-ROS on my Monk on which I rerolled Dext to Int. :P)

I had a lot of fun playing Monk in groups as well, but my DPS was so abysmal compared to other classes I was grouping with (even with 800-900k sheet dps and a bunch of Fire% LTK% gear pieces) that I felt back to a more support build. Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm (with a <shitty> Fist of Az'Turrasq), Inner Sanctuary and MoC Annihilation for the movement speed buff made for really fast and fun gameplay, as long as the other group members could dish out the damage I couldn't due to not having any damage-oriented spenders.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we talk about how amazing the anniversary buff is? And how amazing it is that Blizzard is keeping it indefinitely? Regardless of your opinion on the game, you've got to hand it to Blizz for really listening to the community and making the game the most fun it's ever been (IMO).

Here are some of the items I got just this past week:

Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
Tasker and Theo
Blade of Prophecy
Darklight
The Mortal Drama
2 Akkhan's set pieces (that I gave to my husband so now he has a full set which is OP as fuck)

Man this game is so much fun now. The new patch with buffs to the Crusader and the new legendary drop rate keeps me playing for hours every night after work. If you haven't tried it lately you definitely should! I average 2-3 legendaries per rift and my team can clear T3 rifts in 10 minutes, 15 tops. Plenty of the legs are bad, sure, but it's that orange star on the map and the promise of good loot that keeps me playing. I've upped my damage so much in just one week, it's great!

1KJ08mq.jpg
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at SH for the first time in a while, and curious if anyone here plays Diablo III on PS4 (yeah I'm a scrub, but I'm playing this really damn casually, playing on PC I couldn't be casual about it). But this doesn't seem like a hotbed of activity so I won't get my hopes up

Also it was a pleasant surprise to see that I had started this thread, nearly 4 years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: