ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A Logistical Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: A Logistical Question Reply with quote

For someone to have a full series FC, does each game have to be done specifically on its engine? Obviously, I think the old engine games all need to be done on disk. But in particular, I don't really want to re-buy GH5 and Band Hero if I decide to go for those FGFCs at some point. If possible, I'd like to do everything on WoR that imported and then rent the game to pick up the last few FCs. As far as I know, the GH5/BH/WoR vocal engines are exactly the same so I don't see any harm in doing so but I was just curious of the opinion here. Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A Logistical Question Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
For someone to have a full series FC, does each game have to be done specifically on its engine? Obviously, I think the old engine games all need to be done on disk. But in particular, I don't really want to re-buy GH5 and Band Hero if I decide to go for those FGFCs at some point. If possible, I'd like to do everything on WoR that imported and then rent the game to pick up the last few FCs. As far as I know, the GH5/BH/WoR vocal engines are exactly the same so I don't see any harm in doing so but I was just curious of the opinion here. Thanks

Yeah, GH5/BH/GHWOR is all the same engine (or at least very similar) so that won't be an issue. But yeah, if you're going for fsfc, it would be good to do the older ones in their original games. Also, since parz already has fsfc'd, you could ask him for advice on songs.
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: A Logistical Question Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
As far as I know, the GH5/BH/WoR vocal engines are exactly the same

Not true, WOR's engine is considered to be slightly more lenient on 360/ps3, and INSANELY more lenient on wii. You WILL have an easier time doing import fcs rather than doing 5/BH on their original disc.

As for the general consensus, if you look for MasterNobody's post in this same forum about the same question, you will see many people do not count imports. For me, I actually do count them, and this is coming from someone who did everything on its original disc. People have gotten fgfcs of GH5 and BH with several, if not all, import fcs. The obvious thing will be that this will make the fgfc/fsfc less impressive, and I believe some indication like an * should be noted if you do reach the fsfc. But I do personally count them, if anything, just for the simple reason of there has been very little interest/activity in GH vocals in general, but especially lately, and I would like to see others progress through these games, even if it means having to do import fcs.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had looked at MasterNobody's post a couple times before posting this but it seemed to me there was no general consensus. There was agreement, however, on WT/VH/M/SH engines vs. GH5/BH/WoR which I obviously have to agree with. I guess I'll make a decision if I decide to go for the FGFCs but for now I've got my work cut out for me with the old engines.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do them on the original disks. WoR is definately more lenient than BH and GH5, and plus, if you do imports, you are opening yourself up for people to belittle it, I personally don't mind too much, I think if you FC every on-disk song then you have the right to call it a FSFC, but I personally would do them on their original disks, I'm sort of picky like that, but I don't apply my own personal rules to everyone else. Ultimately, it should be up to you, I think Parz's asterisk idea is great, but honestly, if you care more for the personal feeling of getting a FSFC, I'd say it's up to you what qualifies as a FSFC. If you're worried about what other people will think, then do them on their own disks, you'll have a greater feeling of accomplishment anyway.

By the way, sorry to get off topic, but does anyone know how many vocals FSFCs there are now?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
RobGHH  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely FC them on the original discs. Don't do what I did and FC every song that was importable on GHWOR, because people may consider your FGFC an 'import FGFC'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Lupo13  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
By the way, sorry to get off topic, but does anyone know how many vocals FSFCs there are now?

It's hard to say, actually. Although there are only 3 documented FSFCs here on the site scoreboards (Airshock, arvain and WhYZZ), I'm almost certain that Woofus and dr00bles have FGFCed WoR (thus claiming back the FSFC) despite not posting any scores, for example.

Ciao!

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imports should count for 1 reason only.
The PS2/Wii versions are a LOT easier than the imports and those count as well, so not counting imports because there easier is a really really REALLY stupid reason.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
The PS2/Wii versions are a LOT easier than the imports and those count as well, so not counting imports because there easier is a really really REALLY stupid reason.

It isn't the same though. With the PS2/Wii versions you're playing the same game but on a different system. Whereas with imports you're actually bringing the songs onto a different game with a different engine.

If you FC a game on a different engine, that isn't a FGFC. A FGFC is all of the songs done on the disc the songs came from...simple as that.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo13 wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

It's hard to say, actually. Although there are only 3 documented FSFCs here on the site scoreboards (Airshock, arvain and WhYZZ), I'm almost certain that Woofus and dr00bles have FGFCed WoR (thus claiming back the FSFC) despite not posting any scores, for example.

Ciao!

Almost positive it's 7. I'm assuming dr00bles didn't fgfc WOR before he quit, not saying he couldn't obv, but he made no mention of it, and only released 2 WOR vids iirc (neither being any of the hard songs) so I'd have to think no on that one.

So that would include 4 outta the first 5, tidus, me, and whyyz.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of unrelated but do you folks know why dr00bles quit (and more importantly to me, why he took his vids down/made them private)?

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:

It isn't the same though. With the PS2/Wii versions you're playing the same game but on a different system. Whereas with imports you're actually bringing the songs onto a different game with a different engine.

This is something that really has to be smacked out of everyone with a baseball bat. The engine IS different on PS2 and Wii.
Saying it isn't is being ignorant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: