ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Python scripters, 3D modelers, Voice Actors.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Python scripters, 3D modelers, Voice Actors. Reply with quote

I am making a game using blender, and python. The game is in early development (A few models, a rough story, and the beginnings of a cutscene).

Team:
Myself - 3D Modelling, Texture Design, Python.
Kedhed - Concept Art, Level Design, Cutscene Writer.
Qarx - Voice Acting.
sorasgoof - Voice Acting.
GamerShelke - Voice Acting.
Rikuthemaster - Voice Acting.
Zetpk - Modelling, Texturing.

We have a modDB profile, which will feature pictures, videos, and news. This will be visible when we have completed the first Cut Scene.

We share enough skills to make the game ourselves, but to insure it is finished in this lifetime, we are requesting assistance from anyone with any useful skills.

For those interested in more details, we're not committing many details, as they are possibly going to change in the next couple of weeks. All we shall say at the moment is:
- It's an RPG
- It's fully 3D
- It's fully voiced
- Models and textures being created
- It's comical
- The game will feature explosions.

For those who are interested, here is a picture of a road model:

Send me a PM if you wish to make a contribution (all help welcomed)

Don't be put off by the amount of Voice Actors. We need loads. We need lots more!
If the game makes money, you shall be paid.

Last edited by adstermoore on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like it'd be fun to be a voice actor.

Don't know if I'm cut out for it, though.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experience with 3DS Max but am not too familiar with Blender. Sounds fun either way, let me know if you need a hand. Is there potential for money-making?

But if you need illustrations, concept art, menu art, that sort of thing, that's right up my alley.

What kind of game is it? RPG? Adventure?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Qarx  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the only things I could help with is voice acting, though like sorasgoof, I'm not sure if I'm cut out for it XP. At very least I can guarantee that the both of us can do bad voice acting on purpose .

I might make a good script editor, though (not code script; story script lol). I can spot mistakes (both spelling and grammar), though I don't have anything like Microsoft Word... unless there's freeware like it?

Oh, and like Hailz said, it's be nice to hear some more about the game, like what style we're going for, the genre, the premise, what sort of story, and so on.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
though I don't have anything like Microsoft Word... unless there's freeware like it?

Why yes, yes there is. In all honesty, I prefer OO over Word any day.

Too bad I never took the time to learn Python. Heard it's a pretty powerful scripting language, gotta look into it. If I ever do dedicate enough time to it and once I have a good grasp of it, I'll post back here!

Would be good if you could keep the thread updated though, would love to see your progress!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:
though I don't have anything like Microsoft Word... unless there's freeware like it?

Why yes, yes there is. In all honesty, I prefer OO over Word any day.

Ah, thanks! Will install right away .

I'm interested in learning Python, too. Heard from a friend employers often look for those with experience in it, though he lives in the UK, so I'm not sure how applicable that would be for where I live (the US) XP. If you can get a good grip on it, let me know; it'd be nice to at least have an idea of what I'd be getting myself into XD.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I have experience with 3DS Max but am not too familiar with Blender. Sounds fun either way, let me know if you need a hand. Is there potential for money-making?

But if you need illustrations, concept art, menu art, that sort of thing, that's right up my alley.

What kind of game is it? RPG? Adventure?

Like I said, the game is in very early development. But we're considering releasing the finished product on the android market. If that is successful, we may port to Xbox Indie Games.

With the plan we have at this stage, it will likely be an RPG. It will be a very cinematic game, focusing heavily on cutscenes (hence the choice of Blender and Python) to tell the story. As for character development, this depends on how good the finished team can script. But it is likely to be quite linear (GTA/L.A. Noire style).

Due to the heavy dependency on cinematics and cutscenes, any voice actors are welcomed. The game will be fully voiced.

The game is comical (in a Brutal Legend kind of way) so inexpedienced voice actors may add to this comical appeal.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The English language is one of my academic strengths, so feel free to use me as an editor. Or, if you're daring, I'll even help draft the story.

I wouldn't mind trying to voice act, though. What would the logistics of that be, though?

We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a neat idea! The only thing I could contribute though would probably be voice acting, which I'd be more than willing to help with! On the plus side, I at least have a decent mic! I look forward to seeing the progress of this game, it seems like a badass idea!

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to buy a Blue Yeti microphone, so you won't have to worry about microphone quality. Actually, what I have isn't too bad, now that I think about it.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with most people posting here it seems, I would really only be able to do voice acting, and perhaps script work. Writing is my specialty, but I feel like I can do semi-decent voice acting at least. I don't have a very good microphone atm however. Let me know if you want me to do anything for this project, it sounds like fun. Good luck!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great to see all these voice actors, and I just checked, Blender can import 3DSmax models. So GuitarHailz you are welcome to join
All of you who wish to help are welcome, PM me and I will add you to the team.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with the technical side of things, but if you're in need of more voice actors I'd be more than willing to help out. Got a nice contra-bass voice (sound like James Earl Jones essentially) and past acting experience.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to do voice overs. I have a habit of developing individual personae for the different voices I tend to do. I can do stuff like a Stitch (Lilo and Stitch), Smeagol (Lord of the Rings), stereotypical blaxploitation big black guy, really feminine gay guy, very masculine pre-op transgender guy, various styles of British voices, stereotypical tough Russian, and others I do in the moment and can't remember right now. I would prefer making up a voice specifically for the character(s), though. I could probably pull off weird female voices, too, if you're into that.

One question, though. Do you know anyone skilled in audio editing? It seems like you would need to heavily edit all the clips sent in from all these people with drastically different equipment and room/mic setups.

Oh yeah, and can you import models from modo into blender? I'm not the best 3d modeler, but I could do some simple background stuff that you potentially need. If I get this job I applied for, though, I doubt I'll have time, though. Shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we can find a scene that requires a big macho black guy. Bodyguard or something
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: