ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
G4 Top 100 Video Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: G4 Top 100 Video Games Reply with quote

Okay, this thread is for discussion of the G4 special. Sorry I don't have a list, I wasn't paying attention. I would highly appreciate if somebody gave us the full list.

List from 100-81. Not keeping track of it, it's solely for reference.

Edit - I've just filled in the top 100 here purely because I happen to come across it. -psx

100. Pong
99. Words with Friends
98. Pitfall (Atari 2600)
97. NBA 2K11
96. Guitar Hero 2
95. Burgertime
94. Braid
93. Tie Fighter
92. Galaga
91. The Sims
90. Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Ahm
89. Left 4 Dead
88. Double Dribble
87. Mass Effect 2
86. Outrun
85. Silent Hill 2
84. Wii Sports
83. Ninja Gaiden (2004)
82. Super Smash Bros. Melee
81. Resident Evil
80. Gears of War 3
79. Psychonauts
78. Spyhunter (1983)
77. Excitebike
76. Blades of Steel
75. Fallout 3
74. Starfox 64
73. Mega Man 2
72. Mortal Kombat
71. Wing Commander 2
70. Star Wars (1983)
69. Double Dragon
68. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
67. Minecraft
66. Assassin’s Creed 2
65. Unreal Tournament
64. NBA Jam
63. Wolfenstein 3D
62. Civilization 2
61. God of War 3
60. Contra
59. Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the Tentacle
58. Ultima Online
57. Pokemon Red/Blue
56. Super Street Fighter IV
55. Kingdom Hearts
54. Gauntlet
53. Deus Ex
52. Rockband 3
51. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
50. Sonic the Hedgehog
49. Angry Birds
48. Tecmo Bowl
47. Myst
46. Red Dead Redemption
45. Metal Gear Solid
44. Grand Theft Auto 4
43. Quake 3: Arena
42. Ghosts’N Goblins
41. Super Mario 64
40. Space Invaders
39. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
38. Super Metroid
37. Halo
36. Batman: Arkham City
35. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
34. Counter-Strike
33. Final Fantasy VII
32. Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out
31. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
30. Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo
29. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
28. Super Mario Kart
27. Chrono Trigger
26. Ico
25. Grand Theft Auto 3
24. Madden NFL 2005
23. Halo 3
22. Panzer Dragoon Saga
21. Resident Evil 4
20. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
19. Diablo 2
18. Ms. Pac-Man
17. Starcraft
16. Half-Life
15. Donkey Kong
14. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
13. Portal
12. Doom II: Hell on Earth
11. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
10. World of Warcraft
9. Shadow of the Colossus
8. GoldenEye
7. Super Mario Bros. 3
6. The Legend of Zelda
5. Tetris
4. Asteroids
3. Bioshock
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
1. Super Mario Bros.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!

Last edited by expertwin on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 am; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
expertwin  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For #1, my money's on Super Mario Bros.

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods, delete this post.

voidedalive2x wrote:
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
Guess what I'm watching now?

87 is Mass Effect. There's so much to that game. Too bad I traded it for amazon credit :p

I look forward to seeing where Chrono Trigger lands. If it's not even mentioned, I won't acknowledge this list any further than I already have.

Wait is it ME1 or ME2? I could definitely see ME1 being a lot higher on the list.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some games that I'm show up at high spots. Here's a few predictions that I have in mind.

I'm expecting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to be one of the top three as always. If it's lower than that I'll be genuinely surprised. I'm really hoping The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask gets a spot that's at least comparable, especially considering the ongoing conflicts about which of the two games is better. Even I'm at a loss for which game I prefer.

Half-Life 2's placement seems completely up in the air. In their Top 10 Games We Reviewed list almost five years ago, they ranked it at number five (lower than Twilight Princess, God of War, Knights of the Old Republic, and Resident Evil 4), but a lot of publications have been giving it more praise than ever recently (example: GameInformer gave it a 9.5 when it came out, but they ranked it at #5 on their 200 Best Games of All Time list). Hopefully it should crack at least the top 20. Knowing G4, they're probably placing Resident Evil 4 in the top 10.

If Metroid games are revealed on the list, I'm expecting at least Super Metroid and Metroid Prime, with the former being at a higher position (even though I narrowly favor the latter).

Lastly, I expect BioShock to be from the 20's to 30's, alongside Super Mario Galaxy given their generally inarguable statuses as being the best single-player games of 2007.

As for the games already on there, I'm really glad Braid got a spot. I've held that game in high regards ever since I first played it, and I found it quite surprising that a position was reserved for it; same goes for Guitar Hero 2, which was my first -- and still my favorite -- in the Guitar Hero series. Words With Friends just left me dumbfounded though, and not in a good way.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Guitar Hero might've ranked a little bit higher, but at least it's represented. Probably not going to have any other games on the list though. Maybe RB2?

I agree that draw something is a surprise, and not in a good way. That game's time has already passed, at least for me. I feel like Super Smash Bros also should've been ranked higher, but it'll be interesting to see how everything fills out. Hoping to see some representation of my favorite game series: pokemon, banjo-kazooie (not likely), paper mario, and majora's mask. I wouldn't be too surprised if this list was skewed for the last decade, though. Wonder how all the CoD games will fare?
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some really cool games on the list right now. OutRun was and still is a very fun racing game. Left 4 Dead 2 should have been higher on the list, but atleast it's up there. I hope for more GH and RB to be up there. I'm pretty sure Guitar Hero III:Legends of Rock will be on the list. Maybe RB2??
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather sad that Baldur's Gate 2 is only in the 90's when it's generally considered THE greatest and most innovative RPG of all time.

I'm curious to see whether or not PC strategy games get the shaft or not. If I don't see some Empire Earth, Warcraft III, Starcraft, Medieval Total War, Stronghold, and Civ IV on this list...
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting Portal to be up there. And if the handheld is also added I'm expecting Pokenom Silver/Gold/Crystal up there as well. A FF game will be on the list as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
I'm expecting Portal to be up there. And if the handheld is also added I'm expecting Pokenom Silver/Gold/Crystal up there as well. A FF game will be on the list as well.

It'll be FF7, it'll be top ten, and it'll still be overrated as all shit.

Honestly, these lists are pretty much all the same. Most people here could have a decent stab right now at picking the top ten and get at least seven right.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came across the top 100, and edited the OP accordingly. Yeah, as much as these lists are normally boring and generic and stuff, I was quite amused to see Ocarina of Time in 11th. Granted, I don't have as much of a hard-on for Zelda as seemingly the rest of the gaming world, but I would've expected OoT to be top 3 as was mentioned earlier in this thread by somebody else. *shrugs*

Out of personal curiosity, I scanned the list to see how many of these titles I'd played, and came up with 45/100, and mainly older stuff in that 45 at that. I was kinda expecting that number to be lower considering the number of big name series that I tend to not play.

My only gripe: this list is severely lacking in Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals! Greatest game in the history of foreverness.

Really, this list just seems to read to me as "Here's a list of 100 games considered good by many people, but we'll order the top 10-15 to make it look like a proper list". I have a hard enough time trying to formulate my own personal top 10 games of all time, forget trying to make a list of 100.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly shocked to see Bioshock at #3. I dunno, it's really just an updated(and far easier/simpler) version of System Shock 2 to me, with System Shock 2 being far superior.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioshock being so high surprised me. It wasn't a bad game. But not something I'd want to replay much at all or remotely consider to be one of the best games ever, especially being higher than a bunch of other games that had a far bigger impact on gaming. Also, why is there no Super Mario RPG, but there are lame sequels like GTA4 and Wii Sports? Just because it came with the console, doesn't make Wii Sports popular lol Eh, it's not the worst I've seen and does have a great selection of games on it.

I played around 65 of the games. Certainly not completely for all of them and some were just quick go's, but I played a good amount of them.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed that DKC2 isn't on the list but oh well. Very happy with Psychonauts being represented, and Shadow of the Colossus getting such a high rank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: