ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
G4 Top 100 Video Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louster200  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a top 100 list or a list of good games and then games with nostalgic feeling to it?

Wait that's about every top 100 list. >_>

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: G4 Top 100 Video Games Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
99. Words with Friends

Why is this even on here?

expertwin wrote:
56. Super Street Fighter IV

Really makes me wonder why they picked SSIV instead of any of the more influential games in the massive franchise.

expertwin wrote:
52. Rockband 3

Haha, no.

expertwin wrote:
51. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

Wasn't even the best game in the series, so I'm definitely going to disagree here.

expertwin wrote:
37. Halo
23. Halo 3

I don't understand this one at all. I've played maybe 5 hours of Halo 2 to know that it should be in place of Halo 3, plus the fact that the first game is below H3 is just dumb to me.

expertwin wrote:
33. Final Fantasy VII

Eh, I guess...

expertwin wrote:
31. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I really feel like Skyrim didn't do all that much in terms of furthering the franchise. I would have much rather seen Morrowind here.

expertwin wrote:
18. Ms. Pac-Man

Was Ms. Pac-Man really all that different than the original except for being harder?

expertwin wrote:
13. Portal

I think I would have rather seen Portal 2 on this list, since it was a full-fledged effort on Valve's part. Either way, happy to see the series have some representation on this list.

expertwin wrote:
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

wat

expertwin wrote:
1. Super Mario Bros.

I really feel like this game needs to be retired off of any "best games ever" list. It wins no matter what, so there's no point in even having it on here. It would be nice to see something a bit more recent get this kind of respect.

So I guess that wraps up another pile of shit from the ever reliable G4. I'm so glad that I continue to get amazing game content from them while also constantly getting reruns of Cops and Cheaters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: G4 Top 100 Video Games Reply with quote

To avoid quoting a lot of text I'll just make this post a reply to Greg's.

SSFIV - SSFIV is arguably the most successful fighting game in both the casual and tournament communities, and has an exceptional level of depth and accessibility that others lack. Also I'm pretty sure Turbo is on the list too unless I read it wrong.

RB3 - Literally the only flaws with the game is the lack of competitive play and some stupid trill lanes. If any Guitar Hero or Rock Band should've been on the list, this pretty much has to be the top one. GH2 definitely deserves it too, but you can't make a case that it is a better game as a whole.

FFVII - I love FFVII but I think FF3/6 would've been a better choice as the top FF game. Better story and system. FF7 still deserves a top 100, and I think 33 is still fair. I guess my main point here is that FF6 not making this list at all is laughable.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: