ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Thorpe Park on Monday with a load of workmates. 'Twas awesome.

Also got nattering about workplace politics. It's always hilarious to suddenly find out that you're the centre of an argument between six other people that you knew nothing about...

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pizzzapizza wrote:
going back to city college this semester and taking computer class and english (which hopefully i can pass both of them this time)

this semester went really well for me
I passed both of my classes for the first time in a very long time (i don't know how long exactly) but I was so happy with a B in computer class and my other class was a pass or no pass class and which i passed it of course so happy i was like and at the same time with my reaction
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on in a while, but I finally left Wisconsin to take Columbus, OH by storm. And by that, I mean I'll be substitute teaching while looking for other gigs (I already found one where I will be babysitting a four-year-old two nights a week).

I like it here so far. Plenty of new stuff for me to do and I'm dating someone who is pretty awesome.
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I haven't been on in a while, but I finally left Wisconsin to take Columbus, OH by storm. And by that, I mean I'll be substitute teaching while looking for other gigs (I already found one where I will be babysitting a four-year-old two nights a week).

I like it here so far. Plenty of new stuff for me to do and I'm dating someone who is pretty awesome.

That's exciting man! Congrats on the new position and move! May I ask what made you decide to go to Ohio though for a substitute job (more understandable for a full time position). Was it just time to get out of Wisconsin and do something else? If so, I completely understand and feel you there! I lived in Illinois for over 20 years, moved to Louisiana for 2, moved back to Illinois for another 2 for school, and am now back in the south. I just couldn't stay in my home state anymore. Not that it was bad, I just had to get out!

As for exciting news for me, I got a job in Alaska for 5 months starting in May. So that's pretty cool. I also applied for a few positions opened in Antarctica during the Australian summer period. That isn't until October, so I don't know how quickly they will try to fill the spots. But I figured in a month I'll call them up and find out where I stand application-wise
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

That's exciting man! Congrats on the new position and move! May I ask what made you decide to go to Ohio though for a substitute job (more understandable for a full time position). Was it just time to get out of Wisconsin and do something else? If so, I completely understand and feel you there! I lived in Illinois for over 20 years, moved to Louisiana for 2, moved back to Illinois for another 2 for school, and am now back in the south. I just couldn't stay in my home state anymore. Not that it was bad, I just had to get out!

As for exciting news for me, I got a job in Alaska for 5 months starting in May. So that's pretty cool. I also applied for a few positions opened in Antarctica during the Australian summer period. That isn't until October, so I don't know how quickly they will try to fill the spots. But I figured in a month I'll call them up and find out where I stand application-wise

I just wanted to fuck off and do something different. I'm not in possession of a standard education license (I dropped my education program because it would've required spending another year at school). I had my cities narrowed down to Columbus, Chicago and Baltimore; I never heard back from Baltimore, and by the time I already had my Ohio state license in hand, I got a deficiency letter from Illinois saying that I didn't have a proof of a bachelors' degree (translation: Somebody doesn't know how to read; at the very bottom of the official transcript it clearly tells you the degrees that were granted). Plus the advantage of subbing is that I can get sent anywhere on any given day and I like variety.

I thought about moving to Alaska but I wanted to venture further out east as a symbolic gesture that gets me that much closer to moving to Europe, but congrats on Alaska!
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for OnLive. The online streaming gaming whatever-the-fuck company! That totally got burnt into a husk before its assets were purchased and it was reborn! (I cannot count how many "wait: OnLive still exists?" questions I've fielded at random parties whilst out-and-about over the last year.)

We finally - F-I-N-A-L-L-Y - got to release our cool new service to the world. Play your Steam games on whatever ratty-as-death underpowered hardware you have around! No need for multi-GB installations or "keeping up with the Joneses" with GPU horsepower or nothin'. All the servers and processing might is on our side of the cloud; if you have the bandwidth, you can play your Steam copy of Saints Row IV at some reasonably sweet resolution on your wheezing notebook or refurbished ancient HTC tablet or whatever. (I think there are only 21 or so titles where everything is cleared for takeoff at the moment. Blame lawyers and publishers for that roster not having many more titles available.) I'm really proud of what we've done. I just hope to keep help making what we do better and better.

Really, a lot of things are looking up for me. I have a super-chill roommate and a job I love and a sports car that is twelve kinds of awesome. I've been obliterating opposing teams to bits at bar trivia nights and was witty and timely enough with a quip to make my boss' boss spit his wine out at a social function. I'm just roundly crushing it on a lot of fronts. I'm pretty much "one five-minute make-out session with a smart fun pretty girl" from this being the best week I've had since... I dunno, 2007 or something.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played my first solo DJ set live Saturday night.

Everyone seemed to like it, and I didn't trainwreck at all.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started hrt 2.5 months ago

go me
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned 22 today and so far in city college has been going good since i am taking one class this semester

edit 1 = i meant that as of april 28th

Last edited by pizzzapizza on Thu May 01, 2014 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite doing worse than I expected on the recent quiz, I moved up from 3rd to 2nd in my Business Law class! He uses the relative system of grading too, so as long as I stay near the top, I should be getting an A no sweat! This is a course I had to drop out of last year due to doing so poorly, so this is DEFINITELY a turnaround I'm proud of

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lucky underwear strikes again!

Had my last tattoo session today, and it ended up being cheaper than expected...
Which meant I could afford a very rare bottle of whisky I've been eyeing up for a while. I was lucky to get it under 100 too, it is a private reserve.

In a few days I shall be a very content Englishman.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nailed my pe fitness class final today and my overall grade was a 99% so I was super happy about that
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke my wireless mouse, but I found out that when browsing, 90% of the time you can just use tab, shift, and the various keyboard shortcuts. If you do need the cursor, then you can just enable MouseKeys. Well, who needs a mouse then?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be getting an internship this semester. It's unpaid and part-time, but it works for me as I'm still finishing my degree. Also, I could see it possibly leading to a job after I graduate.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aced my city college classes this fall semester
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: