ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting on a plane in three weeks to meet a long time friend that I met through SH. This place finally paid off apparently.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
louster200  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
I'm getting on a plane in three weeks to meet a long time friend that I met through SH. This place finally paid off apparently.

Wait, we never talked about this. Are you surprising me?

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:

Wait, we never talked about this. Are you surprising me?

OMG HOW DID U NO MY SURPRISE IS RUINED

nah it's not you
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got laid

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:

Followup to this post, Torchy and I have been together for like, almost 2 years now
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a week since I've drunk anything alcoholic. Going for another week. It truly feels amazing and it's been saving me a lot of money so I'll try and keep it going for as long as I can.

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
It's been a week since I've drunk anything alcoholic. Going for another week. It truly feels amazing and it's been saving me a lot of money so I'll try and keep it going for as long as I can.

Keep it up! Remember to treat yourself.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:

I'm 19 days through. Not even a single sip. So proud of myself

UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:

I'm 19 days through. Not even a single sip. So proud of myself

I believe it's worth mentioning that I made it through the whole month without drinking, and I attempted it again this year and succeeded. My usual drinking habits are still pretty damn stupid but it got a lot better than it has been.

In other news I have finished my Masters in physics and my thesis has been accepted as is. I also have a super fun job in programming, I've been there for a little more than a month and I plan on staying there for a while. Things are looking good money-wise and I'm attempting to treat myself better and avoid drinking on week days. We'll see how it goes :)

Next on the list is to get laid I guess.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job Felix. keep it up !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it truly hilarious that the last feel-good thing that was posted here was me not drinking for a month straight and hoping to get laid soon.

I have to say I've stepped things up a bit and got married in October last year, while also managing to pursue the tradition of not having any booze in February each year. It's been a success for the past 6 years. Also, the end of November this year marked my 3-year anniversary of quitting smoking, which doesn't sound as good if you considered that I picked up smoking a bit before covid (after I made my last post here) but it's still something I'm proud of.

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
My lucky underwear strikes again!

Had my last tattoo session today, and it ended up being cheaper than expected...
Which meant I could afford a very rare bottle of whisky I've been eyeing up for a while. I was lucky to get it under 100 too, it is a private reserve.

In a few days I shall be a very content Englishman.

Well this is a funny read.

Just to update I guess, done an undergrad and masters in Architecture since this, currently in a practice working on some high end hotel reno/extensions, and nearly done with my quali's to become an architect, which is cool. Also added about 4 more tattoos, lost my hair, grew a beard, and have been powerlifting for the past few years.

No relationship stuff though, I like my own space too much fo' dat right now

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been seemingly a lifetime ago since I've posted anything to this site. So a lot has happened. Even if I barely play rhythm games anymore (or games in general), memories will remain. As for life stuff:

I graduated with a double major from Uni back in 2018. Now if only I can get myself a stable job.

In July of 2023, I put on a dress for the first time, looked at myself in the mirror, and had a Danny DeVito-style "OH MY GOD, I GET IT!" moment upon realizing (with a lot of resulting self-reflection) that I am a trans woman and have just been too oblivious (or buried in my academic studies) to see the signs before I was 27-going-on-28. I started HRT around a month later and even with some struggles (mostly thanks to money woes and worries about it being a political hotbed. ), I feel as though I'm better this way than before. Helps that I have a very supportive family. I feel much more confident in myself and giddy with each change in my mind and body (I mean, I have tits now. Mr. Green ). So much so that I go to myself "How and why did my dumb ass not realize this about me sooner?" I hit six months on HRT within a couple of weeks.

After years of feeling isolated and alone outside of my family and few friends, I have my first girlfriend. I guess I needed to transition to have the confidence in myself for love. Transition has also had me feel even more sapphic than before. While it's long-distance for now, it's easy for us to remain in communication with each other.

For a while now, one of the topics that fostered intense discussion between myself, a Discord pal, and an IRL buddy during car rides to and from concerts was music and music history. Hate to end with a shameless plug, but I had an idea: start a podcast where the three of us (Meander, Soren, and Duke) rank the studio albums of an artist's discography. I call it The Algorhythms (yes, that misspelling is intentional because pun) and we've been at it since August of 2023. Main episodes (the album rankings themselves) range from 45 minutes (The Clash) to two-and-a-half-hours (KISS). Side episodes (Top 10 Songs and a mystery side-topic) usually top out between 20 and 30 minutes.

Artists covered as part of The Algorythms so far:
* Episode 1 (essentially our pilot as its the first time we got our camaraderie in): Queen (Note: this episode was before I learned how to properly edit audio and boost volume)
* Episode 2: Van Halen
* Episode 3: Coldplay
* Episode 4: The Clash
* Episode 5: Beastie Boys
* Episode 6: Steven Wilson (Soren was on vacation in Japan during this episode)
* Algorythms Jr (essentially a mini-series where we cover acts with under 5 albus) Round 1: Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, and Creed (Soren's glad he dodged the bulled of the last one. )
* Episode 7: Otis Redding
* Episode 8: Steely Dan
* Episode 9: KISS (had two guests on it; timed it so that the recording was shortly after the conclusion of the End of the Road tour)
* Episode 10: Peter Gabriel (we recorded this about a month after I/O was released)
* Episode 11: Tears For Fears (in the editing stage)

Artists that will be covered in the future (through July of 2024):
* Episode 12: A Tribe Called Quest (will be recorded next weekend)
* Episode 13: Roxy Music
* Episode 14: Ed Sheeran
* Episode 15: Judas Priest (we're timing this one to be shortly after the release of Invincible Shield)
* Episode 16: Jethro Tull
* Episode 17: Electric Light Orchestra (Soren's pick for his birthday month.
* Episode 18: either Iron Maiden or Motley Crue (depending on when the latter's new album drops in 2024)
* Episode 19: Beach Boys (kick off the summer months of June)
* Episode 20: Prince (my pick for my birthday month)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: