ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Borderlands 2- New Hammerlock DLC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Borderlands 2- New Hammerlock DLC Reply with quote

Anybody grabbed this yet? I'll pretty the OP up later, but I loved the hell out of the first one and its expansions (ok, the first one and the non-Mad Moxxi stuff), and the Metacritic average is a solid 90/100 based on 28 reviews. Thoughts?

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borderlands 2 is great. Also, co-op would be good. Anyone wanna play, let me know (on 360). I'm level 10 right now.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great. Definite improvement on the previous once in most areas, and especially with it being a proper PC port this time. Places super smooth and I haven't had a problem yet. I'm at level 14 right now and really can't wait to play more. Definitely would recommend it if you were fond of the previous one.

Can't comment on multiplayer stuff right now as I'm going solo for the first playthrough.
BloodyFistHole  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the video I've seen, money is automatically picked up. THANK THE GODS~! I played through the original three times, so I'll certainly be picking this up... eventually... but I'll probably wait until all the DLC has been released and snatch it up as a GOTY title. As much fun as I had with the original, I can be patient this time 'round.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to buy this. I have been excited about exactly zero games this year so far (other than Diablo 3 a bit late and I suppose Assassins Creed 3) so I think the hype is getting to me. My husband and I played the first game a lot and it was great. He's not a fan of shooters really so that's saying something. I've heard the environments are much better (if I go through another brown canyon I'm gonna scream) as well as other improvements. But is it worth buying?

What I'm worried about is having nobody to play it with. The original Borderlands lost a lot of it's appeal when you played it solo (at least IMO) so I almost never did. Is Borderlands 2 a better solo game, and/or are there any folks here who would totally play with me if I picked it up?

Payday is Friday with more than enough leftover for a $60 bundle of loot if anyone wants to play on Saturday and you guys talk me into it. <__<

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hailz go get it. The environments are bigger and more varied it seems. The co-op play is great. Minor annoyance which will make me spend more time playing with each character: the character-specific action skill achievements take a bit more work than they did in the first game.

edit: Also, everyone plays as zer0. I haven't seen the Commando (Axton) yet at all.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Also, everyone plays as zer0.

I don't!

Siren fo life, none of this cheeseman dialogue for me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought everybody would pick the dwarf. I would've bet money on it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BloodyFistHole wrote:
I thought everybody would pick the dwarf. I would've bet money on it.

You've obviously never played Halo, everyone wants the sniper and the sword. Zer0 has both. Also he's like a cheese android or something.

Also, I found my first orange gun earlier in a quest below my level. It's underleveled but actually manages to be better than you'd expect since it doesn't use ammo ever. I also have the Siren perk that heals allies when you shoot them. (I may also have boosted a couple challenges with that ability. >__>)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game fucking rocks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing as a siren again like i did in BL1. Haven't played much but i'm level 11. Incendiary weapons still destroy pretty hard. Unfortunately the Siren doesn't seem to be as ridiculously good as she was in BL1. Also can't decide what skills to level, because they all seem pretty decent, especially the first skills in each tree, all very useful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently 22 as Axton. Having a really great time and there are so many cool things in this. Found a secret Minecraft area that gave me a skin for Gunzerker and a block head for Assassin lol
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed, but grew bored of the first one. Sounds like I need to give this one a try

Hopefully my RROD 360 can be revived. If it can, I'll be playing a good bit of this.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wall Street Journal ran a review of Borderlands 2. It's actually pretty hilarious, in that the guy seemed to hate the game and also be a total douchewad.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/18/game-theory-borderlands-2-fails-to-cross-ove/

This is my favorite part

Quote:
Borderlands 2’s single-player campaign mode isn’t as good as what you’ll find in games like COD: Black Ops or the Medal of Honor series

In case anyone here is still on the fence: Borderlands 2 is not Halo, or CoD, or Battlefield or MoH. It is not a "military shooter". It is a different type of game, and it is awesome.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a joke review? That is easily one of the WORST reviews I've read in a long time. The whole review can be summed up as "This game wasn't CoD or Halo, doesn't make me buy tons of map packs, doesn't have deathmatch, so it should be in the bargain bin"...I've not seen such a ridiculous human being in this position before. Usually I expect this kind of crap from the internet trash out there, but from what is supposed to be a legitimate review? Brain is baffled.

AND NO THIS FUCKING GAME SHOULDN'T BE 30 BUCKS LIKE GOD DAMN NASCAR UNLEASHED YA MORONIC DOUCHE! Guh...There's opinion and then there is just an idiot...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: