ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Borderlands 2- New Hammerlock DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to make 50 by the DLC, so I could use my 5 golden keys and hopefully get a bunch of oranges to use lol At 43 right now and I might still make it.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I was hoping to make 50 by the DLC, so I could use my 5 golden keys and hopefully get a bunch of oranges to use lol At 43 right now and I might still make it.

The Legendaries (orange) are drops, br0. You'll only get high end (purple) normal stuff from that box. It's really good gear, but you'll never get red text out of it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? No oranges? FACK. Haven't gotten an orange yet (though the game says I have at least once) in nearly 60 hours of play.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Really? No oranges? FACK. Haven't gotten an orange yet (though the game says I have at least once) in nearly 60 hours of play.

If you did the cult of flame quest, the reward is an orange shield. Otherwise yeah, oranges are pretty hard to find. SDUs have colors too, but I think they only go up to purple.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

If you did the cult of flame quest, the reward is an orange shield. Otherwise yeah, oranges are pretty hard to find. SDUs have colors too, but I think they only go up to purple.

SDU's go to orange, but I don't think they count towards the orange challenge, since you don't actually have them in your inventory. And I must've overlooked that one quest when I beat it, cause I don't remember it, but I'm on it right now in my second playthrough.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally snagged this game during one of the many Black Friday sales and currently have a level 7 Axton running. Anybody want to start a fresh co-op quest? I'd love to try out one of the other classes and perhaps have two games going.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
So I finally snagged this game during one of the many Black Friday sales and currently have a level 7 Axton running. Anybody want to start a fresh co-op quest? I'd love to try out one of the other classes and perhaps have two games going.

While I already have all five classes over lvl 20 (and three lvl 50s >__>) I could always boot up a fresh Zero, he's the one I've barely played. Might try out a sniper build since bclare used the crazy melee one.

Also, had some fun with the Gunzerker making his DPS during zerk as high as possible. I can get a pretty consistent 6m per clip with 6 total clips in one duration. (I also killed Terry without reloading once.)

Also it's TORGUE. Must have a G and EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm rocking a level 45 Axton at the moment, so within the next few days I'll be ready for a Terramorphous run or two. It took a bit of tinkering, but I think I found a build that I really like- Guerrilla skill tree maxed to get two guns/slag on my turret, longbow, and shield/health passive regen maxed out. As much as I want to try the Mechromancer next, her Deathtrap bot sounds a bit too similar to Axton's turret, so I'm leaning towards a Gunzerker next.

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Ok, I'm rocking a level 45 Axton at the moment, so within the next few days I'll be ready for a Terramorphous run or two. It took a bit of tinkering, but I think I found a build that I really like- Guerrilla skill tree maxed to get two guns/slag on my turret, longbow, and shield/health passive regen maxed out. As much as I want to try the Mechromancer next, her Deathtrap bot sounds a bit too similar to Axton's turret, so I'm leaning towards a Gunzerker next.

I could get you those last five levels in under ten minutes if you want. Send me a message any time I'm on.

Also Terry is a joke (with the right equipment), but sure, it's certainly possible to go after him if you want.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
fUNC wrote:

I could get you those last five levels in under ten minutes if you want. Send me a message any time I'm on.

Also Terry is a joke (with the right equipment), but sure, it's certainly possible to go after him if you want.

Ditto. Anyway Gaige plays a lot differently from Axton, because
1) deathtrap moves, unlike a turret, and
2) all of her other skills are totally different
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Crawmerax-like "impossible boss" in the other two expansions too, right? How do those stack up?

~Kyle~

bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
There's a Crawmerax-like "impossible boss" in the other two expansions too, right? How do those stack up?

In expansion 1, pirates, there are two seraph guardian bosses: the only source of seraph crystals, which you can use to buy some awesome stuff

1) Hyperius - doable but really hard fight

2) Master Gee - fuck this guy

In expansion 2, Torgue, they add one more seraph guardian

3) Pyro Pete - probably about as hard as Hyperius, except there's a way to glitch him stuck in one place and then this fight is considerably easier

For comparison, Terramorphous takes about 20 seconds to kill once you've got good stuff.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

Hyperius is stupid because he does this AOE that does insane amounts of damage.

Master Gee is stupid because he's immune to damage unless it's from a pool of acid that also damages the player, even through an alkaline shield. Also his death has a 50/50 chance of crashing the host's game making his loot impossible to get.

Pyrocaustic Pete is stupid because he has elemental AOEs that cause constant never ending effects that have to be washed off by water, which spawns a wave of enemies that grow in level each time, getting past lv60.

There's exploits for all of them of course, but doing them the "correct" way is stupidly hard.

And yeah, Gaige is nothing like Axton in that Gaige is completely and utterly broken.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a decent place to farm seraph weapons? I'm so close to finishing my second playthrough (and a lot of the accompanying challenges/Vault symbol-hunting) that I think I'll join up with the two of you when I polish off those last five levels. The gear that I've got is... ok, but it's not the OMGAWESOMESAUCE that was having an orange pistol that never reloaded or ran out of ammo for half of my first playthrough.

~Kyle~

inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Is there a decent place to farm seraph weapons? I'm so close to finishing my second playthrough (and a lot of the accompanying challenges/Vault symbol-hunting) that I think I'll join up with the two of you when I polish off those last five levels. The gear that I've got is... ok, but it's not the OMGAWESOMESAUCE that was having an orange pistol that never reloaded or ran out of ammo for half of my first playthrough.

Seraph equipment is more or less orange stuff, but they have to be purchased, they can't be farmed. The currency used for purchase is dropped by Hyperius and Pete, in small quantities. (Pete drops about double what Hyperius does. >__>)

You also need the DLC for them as well, obviously. I already have an Evolution shield which is really the only majorly useful thing, unless some majorly useful property shows up on one of the new Torgue DLC ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: