ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Borderlands 2- New Hammerlock DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
fUNC wrote:
Is there a decent place to farm seraph weapons? I'm so close to finishing my second playthrough (and a lot of the accompanying challenges/Vault symbol-hunting) that I think I'll join up with the two of you when I polish off those last five levels. The gear that I've got is... ok, but it's not the OMGAWESOMESAUCE that was having an orange pistol that never reloaded or ran out of ammo for half of my first playthrough.

Seraph equipment is more or less orange stuff, but they have to be purchased, they can't be farmed. The currency used for purchase is dropped by Hyperius and Pete, in small quantities. (Pete drops about double what Hyperius does. >__>)

You also need the DLC for them as well, obviously. I already have an Evolution shield which is really the only majorly useful thing, unless some majorly useful property shows up on one of the new Torgue DLC ones.

When bclare said that "good stuff" could take down Terry easily, it made me determined to farm better equipment than the 6500 damage-per-shot Seraph Jakobs pistol that I'm using as my primary right now. As for the DLC, as much as I enjoy (enjoyed?) the main game, buying a season pass once I get to 50 is a no-brainer (though I am glad that you guys saved me from wasting $10 on Gaige :-) ).

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
inv4der wrote:
fUNC wrote:
Is there a decent place to farm seraph weapons? I'm so close to finishing my second playthrough (and a lot of the accompanying challenges/Vault symbol-hunting) that I think I'll join up with the two of you when I polish off those last five levels. The gear that I've got is... ok, but it's not the OMGAWESOMESAUCE that was having an orange pistol that never reloaded or ran out of ammo for half of my first playthrough.

Seraph equipment is more or less orange stuff, but they have to be purchased, they can't be farmed. The currency used for purchase is dropped by Hyperius and Pete, in small quantities. (Pete drops about double what Hyperius does. >__>)

You also need the DLC for them as well, obviously. I already have an Evolution shield which is really the only majorly useful thing, unless some majorly useful property shows up on one of the new Torgue DLC ones.

When bclare said that "good stuff" could take down Terry easily, it made me determined to farm better equipment than the 6500 damage-per-shot Seraph Jakobs pistol that I'm using as my primary right now. As for the DLC, as much as I enjoy (enjoyed?) the main game, buying a season pass once I get to 50 is a no-brainer (though I am glad that you guys saved me from wasting $10 on Gaige :-) ).

"Good stuff" can be farmed by killing the Warrior and Terramorphous, but almost all of the other bosses and special enemies have potential good drops. You don't want to do farming until after you've beaten playthrough 2 though, since then everything goes up to lvl 50.

One exception: the Warrior gives you better drops while you're on the story mission than if you go back later and kill him again. If you kill him and don't get anything good, you can dashboard out (guide button, return to dashboard) to avoid the auto-save and get to go fight him again on the story mission. It's tedious.

Also, I have been chided for suggesting that Terramorphous would take a whole 20 seconds to kill. I merely meant to suggest that he could be killed very quickly, to be more accurate probably in 5-10 seconds (depending on when you start counting time).
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll note that I personally don't think Gaige is a waste, but I did get her free.

Anyway I'm sure we can share some stuff with you, especially if you don't mind duplication abuse. Really want you want right now is to be lv 50, and as we've said it's very easily boostable. Like 30-45 minutes as a conservative estimate to get to 50 from ~30.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've farmed the Warrior dozens of times now without sniffing the Conference Call and am officially out of patience. Anybody care to help me dupe it?

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Ok, I've farmed the Warrior dozens of times now without sniffing the Conference Call and am officially out of patience. Anybody care to help me dupe it?

Sure. However: it's not quite as good now that The Bee has been nerfed.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
fUNC wrote:

Ouch... what happened to it? My ultimate goal is to take down the Invincibles solo, and watching Inv4der take down The Warrior with that gun in five seconds pretty much convinced me that using it was the best way to go.

~Kyle~

bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
bclare wrote:
fUNC wrote:

Ouch... what happened to it? My ultimate goal is to take down the Invincibles solo, and watching Inv4der take down The Warrior with that gun in five seconds pretty much convinced me that using it was the best way to go.

The Bee gives a ridiculous amp damage bonus, without taking away any shield (so as long as you don't take damage, you get + super damage). It used to apply the full damage bonus to each pellet of something like the Conference Call, but that has recently been patched to only apply the bonus once divided evenly among all the pellets. There are a lot of pellets when you fire the CC, which is why it was so outrageously good pre-patch.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a decent gun and I have two versions, so I can provide one I suppose.

I'll take a look at what stuff I have and see what other good things I can share.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting the Bee last night (second try, woohoo!), and holy crap... I like that it amps damage so much and recharges quickly, but I'm trading 40,000 shield points to use it. On tougher enemies, I go into Fight for Your Life almost instantly.

~Kyle~

bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who was interested in BL2 and hasn't gotten in, or interested in the DLC, today's Xbox Live Holiday sale:

Borderlands 2 Games on Demand is now 39.99
Borderlands 2 DLC Season Pass is now 1800 MSP (regular 2400 MSP)

Today only.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the new DLC. As annoying as the pirates that meleed you and stole health in Captain Scarlett were, the witch doctors are even worse. Everything is three to four levels ahead of you, and they have a really, really annoying habit of running away. Raise the level cap already, guys. This is getting old.

~Kyle~

Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's hard as hell. Those witch doctors are annoying and ridiculously op.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is that when bclare and I went through it as we usually do, we discussed the witch doctors and decided none of them are that bad, save the Vampire/Chupacabra ones, who still aren't as bad as Cursed Pirates or goddammed Rabid Skags.

Also, the only cases of enemies above the standard limit of 52 that we saw would be the Ultimate Badass Savages and Super Badass Witch Doctors that are part of a "hidden" boss fight, as well as the actual boss, Dexiduous the Invincible.

That said, we have literally top end equipment, so our Double Penetrating Unkempt Harolds and Thunderball Fists and what not are doing more DPS than normal blue or purple guns. (It's a known fact that Orange weapons have better stats in general, because their parts are of higher quality.) We also normally play as Salvador and Gaige, who are pretty stupidly good at doing damage quickly and taking damage without dying quickly.

If anyone wants assistance with stuff, I could certainly help out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, at lvl 50 at least the witch doctors aren't nearly as bad as cursed pirates. I guess maybe at lower levels it might be different, but I assume that if you're talking about the level cap then you're lvl 50. And if you're in playthrough 2.5 (after beating playthrough 2) then everything should be level 52 besides Dexiduous, and he's just super stupid.

Likewise though, I'm willing to help out with stuff.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Dex was a huge disappointment. After paying 90+ eridium I'm surprised we didn't get a full-on climactic space battle or whatever. The Stalker was fun though.

Hawkeye is amazing, everything else is not really anything special.

/report
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: