ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S14: Guitar Hero II Hard Guitar - CPURules wins!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: S14: Guitar Hero II Hard Guitar - CPURules wins! Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 14 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero 2 Hard Guitar league.

I, singemfrc, will be running this league. There will be 4 songs randomly selected each week. We are using only on disc songs that are the same across platforms.

Week 1 will begin Saturday night/Sunday Morning January 20th at midnight (Eastern Time).

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by the deadline. There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are REQUIRED:
-Score
-Percentage
-Note Streak

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week can sometimes take a little longer, please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will begin February 17th and the end March 2nd at 11:59pm Eastern time.
The number of playoff participants depends on the active participants in each league, we try to aim for about half whenever possible. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again. Seriously, even if you don't think you have a chance or a lot of time, just give it a play-through.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

NEW FOR THIS SEASON: To encourage participation we'll be awarding 5 contribution points per league to all members that do not miss a single score submission throughout these leagues.

Additionally, each league's winner will be awarded a trophy icon next to their avatar that will let everyone know how awesome you are. It will remain until someone else wins that league.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum since season 9. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, are hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hype meter is off the charts!!!!!!!!
I am submitting all the scores every week you can count on it
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to get started. Good luck to all my fellow cellar dwellars in what will be an heroic effort to avoid last

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only the second time I'm participating in leagues. I hold my hand up to say the first time I did not submit all scores for all songs and, if I did, I may have got through to playoffs... I'll never know.

I'm gonna make sure I submit all scores this time though, as I've been playing a bit of GH2 recently as it is. I'm not looking forward to playing difficult songs though, if any are chosen while I'm still in the competition.

At the end of the day, it's all about having fun. I'm gonna enjoy trying to squeeeeeeeeeeeze.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a true test of my squeezing ability. I do hope I can prove my worth, we got a good group going here
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully there will be divisions. I will also be trying to avoid last place. I really should learn to squeeze this time. Good luck, everyone!

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is extremely unlikely that there were be divisions in this or coming leagues any time soon, there just isn't the demand that there used to be. Especially in Hard which has about half the signups as expert.
CPURules  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoughts on week one:

> two songs that i've recently redone (ugh)
> one song that i've tried to redo and cannot squeeze to save my live (UGH)
> one song that i haven't played in years

also hello i am back from the dead

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really remember any charts, but this looks like a pretty good week Mother is annoying but should be alright, Strutter is fun to squeeze, SCOM I need to redo anyway, and TLTB I'm hoping the FC will be easy and I can redux for near optimal. Let's see how that goes anyway
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother - I need to improve my score on this one, so good job this was chosen. :P
Strutter - that last squeeze is stupid and I've not managed to get the solo squeeze, so this could be a good chance to give that a go.
Sweet Child O' Mine - my score isn't too great on this song, so I will try and get a couple of extra squeezes and see what happens.
The Light That Blinds - solo strumming = annoying.

Good luck, people.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I ever re-FCed TLTB from when I first got it many years ago, but damn do I hate that solo. The rest shouldn't be bad.

And here are the sp paths for all GH2H songs on 360 and ps2. They should all be the same for the songs that we'll be playing, but there's both just in case. Good luck everyone!

Edit: So it seems like I'm not as good as I once was. And I'm pretty sure I just broke some record for the most times overwriting the solo sp phrase in SCOM.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it appears there is a problem entering % and NS this week that won't be required obviously, but with this in mind PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include proof if you can't enter those, as that will be much more important since we can't see % and NS.

We should have this issue fixed soon.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the strumming in TLTB is pretty annoying. >__>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:

im actually relieved its picked now though...wont kill me if i somehow make it to the playoffs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:

TLTB hard is a harder FC than any of the chosen GH2X league songs. Harmonix REALLY used to suck making charts on hard.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: