ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
2013 Grammy Awards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: 2013 Grammy Awards Reply with quote

Did anyone catch the Grammy awards tonight? What'd you all think? Did your favorites win? Any standout performances? Couldn't stand someone's outfit? Discuss!

My thoughts (posted this on my facebook page):

-For awards that had already been given out, I’m good with Black Keys winning best rock song, and Love Bites would not be my first pick for hard rock/metal song, but it’s decent. I very much approve of Gotye winning best pop group/duo performance.
-I’m not sure if Taylor Swift has the “pop superstar” factor to give that much of an over-the-top performance, especially for that song.
-Not sure if I like Elton John singing solo on The A Team, but their harmonies sounded really good.
-Good to see Set Fire to the Rain win over the other songs up for nomination.
-fun. nailed it with their Carry On performance! That’s gonna be hard to top for my favorite performance of the night.
-Good performance by Miguel, I can see why he won for best R&B song.
-Really happy that fun. won for We Are Young, though I would have been happy with one or two of the other nominees winning, as long as it wasn’t Call Me Maybe.
-I’m not very familiar with Mumford and Sons, and after watching that performance, I’m still confused as to what genre they are. Not that the song is bad, I’m just not sure what to make of it.
-Not a huge fan of JT, but he proved that he’s still at the top of his game and one of the best in his genre.
-Maroon 5 were teased as giving a “soulful” performance, but I hear nothing in their new album that would indicate that the songs have any soul behind them.
-Not a great song, but I’m good with Lonely Boy winning best rock performance.
-And I’m right! Adam Levine almost looks bored out there. He certainly did not put much into the performance. Once Alicia Keys came in, it got much better.
-Even Kelly Clarkson knows that the best pop vocal album award should have gone to someone else.
-Can we stop making everything centered around twitter? You do not need to say “hashtag” before everyone’s name. It sounds STUPID!
-Very solid performance by the Black Keys.
-WOW! Kelly Clarkson just blew me away with how great of a performance that was! Another contender for best of the night!
-There really doesn’t seem to be any logic whatsoever in who presents what award.
-Bruno Mars and Sting, playing your songs does not count as “paying tribute” to Bob Marley.
-On the other hand, that song is the first of his that I can say I really like. I especially like how the chorus varies in the instruments, particularly the drums, in a world of pop filled with songs that are filled with EXTREMELY repetitive choruses.
-Wait, did I hear people boo that “tribute?” Good.
-The Lumineers performance was OK, didn’t care for it too much.
-Jack White gave a great performance. I don’t see a real rock performance very often today, and he nailed it. Bonus points for the feedback drowning out Katy Perry
-SO HAPPY that fun. won best new artist. Loving their music right now, especially their first album, Aim and Ignite!
-Great pick for record of the year! One of my favorite songs of the year, and it even got the Prince seal of approval!
-They needed to show more of a tribute to Dave Brubeck. Jazz needs more representation at the Grammys than 45 seconds.
-Always love me some Juanes! Great performance!
-Either the sound was very bad from the stage, or Frank Ocean CANNOT sing.

Overall, great choices for the winners in my opinion, and some pretty standout performances as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: