ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Thread, FCBP - Questions 45/230/301/508/565/621
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 112, 113, 114  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChihiroShirei  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Soul
One Armed Scissor
King Nothing
Rock This Town
Down 'n' Dirty
Move It On Over-- just because Soul Doubt shouldn't go anytime soon
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 44
Beautiful Soul
WINNER (including my tiebreaker vote)

-----------
Question 231
One Armed Scissor
WINNER

-----------
Question 300
King Nothing
WINNER

-----------
Question 509
Rock This Town
WINNER

-----------
Question 564
Dancing Through Sunday
WINNER

-----------
Question 622
Move It On Over (Live)
WINNER

Current questions:

Question 45: Which of these songs is EASIEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Metal Heavy Lady (GH3)
GH:WT) Beautiful Disaster
GH:M) Nothing Else Matters
GH:SH) Rock and Roll All Nite (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Jamie's Cryin'
GH5) Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
BH/DJH) A Million Ways (BH)
GH:WoR) Bleed It Out

Question 230: Which of these songs is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Heat Of The Moment (GH80s)
GH:WT) Pretty Vacant
GH:M) Turn The Page - Live
GH:SH) Take Me Out (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
GH5) Bleed American
BH/DJH) Just a Girl (BH)
GH:WoR) I'm Not OK (I Promise)

Question 301: Which of these songs is EASIEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) 18 and Life (GH80s)
GH:WT) Escuela De Calor
GH:M) The Boys Are Back In Town (GH:M)
GH:SH) Take It Off (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Sick, Sick, Sick
GH5) Maiden, Mother & Crone
BH/DJH) In a Big Country (BH)
GH:WoR) Sharp-Dressed Man (Live)

Question 508: Which of these songs is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) One for the Road (GH2)
GH:WT) Heartbreaker
GH:M) Beautiful Mourning
GH:SH) Laid to Rest (GH:SH)
GH:VH) The Takedown
GH5) Superstition
BH/DJH) I Heard it Through the Grapevine
GH:WoR) Been Caught Stealing

Question 565: Which of these songs is EASIEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Down 'N Dirty (GH3)
GH:WT) L'Via L'Viaquez
GH:M) Wherever I May Roam
GH:SH) Beast and the Harlot (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Feel Your Love Tonight
GH:WoR) Suffocated

Question 621: Which of these songs is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Godzilla (GH1)
GH:WT) Soul Doubt
GH:M) Seek & Destroy
GH:SH) Caught in a Mosh (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Hang 'Em High
GH5) The Spirit Of Radio (Live)
GH:WoR) Psychosocial

As well, please note Cult of Personality's (GH3) new place.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
ChihiroShirei  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Disaster-- A Million Ways actually seems more difficult to do with strictly one direction of strumming. It isn't obvious to new FC-ers to strum straight eighth notes for the main riff in Bleed It Out. The rest actually have a chokepoint.

Turn The Page (Live)-- This is at least extremely frustrating no matter what your skill level is.

18 and Life-- The backup of easy-ish songs on the guitar only list is insane.

Laid To Rest (SH)-- Not even close to the others for me.

Down 'n' Dirty-- I don't have many of this group FC'd, but this one is more irregular than it is technically challenging.

Godzilla-- Remember, kids, Don't Hold Back is one of many songs yet to be unearthed in the guitar-only list, along with a Pandora's Box of other things that are pretty tough.

CoP (GH3)-- This has to be moved still between Psychobilly Freakout and Gemini. Since they're both guitar-only songs, there's no additional votes required. That being said, I know that the debate is ongoing which CoP version is harder, like it is with TTFAF, and a lot of people here tend to side toward Smash Hits.

Last edited by ChihiroShirei on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Disaster
Turn the Page
Maiden Mother and Crone
One for the Road
Down n Dirty can go now. Awkward quick bits like WIMR but not purples and GH3 engine.
Godzilla I guess
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45. Rock and Roll All Nite (SH). I've always felt the lack of solo makes this one a breeze

230. Turn the Page. Yes it's the same pattern repeatedly and it's slow and not super challenging in general, but it's definitely easy to zone out and make a mistake. For what it's worth I also think there's other stuff in GHM that should be below this (not enough to want to re-order the GHM breakdown or anything though).

301. 18 and Life. The solo's really not too bad and the rest of the song is slow and easy. Comparable to Cherry Pie.

508. Been Caught Stealing. Super awkward verse riff, and there's a HOPO chord in the solo that I always miss for no reason. Intrinsically Laid to Rest is the hardest from start to finish but I have an easier time with that song. One for the Road strumming is also noteworthy but I'm sticking with this vote for now.

565. L'Via L'Viaquez. It's the only one in this bunch that I've both FC'd and would feel comfortable re-FCing. DnD is overstrum city for me, and fuck Wherever I May Roam's YOYOs (there's honestly other stuff in WIMR outro that puts it a bit above L'Via's hard bits too).

621. Seek & Destroy. It's the only one I haven't FC'd which is hilarious since I've FC'd Godzilla quite a few times and most of the other songs should probably be seen as harder too.

Nice to see this thread still going! I've peered in from time to time since this started but hardly ever participated since my opinions on FC difficulty tend to be very different from the perceived norm. For some reason now I felt like chiming in, so you now you'll have my silly opinions to look forward to for the foreseeable future

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow we got a former GH developer here! That's pretty sweet.
Sixstringcal  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

q45
Rock and Roll all Nite (SH)
This one I got on my first serious attempt. I would say A Million Ways, but I have found that the songs that would be easier to pass for beginners are more difficult because it is easier to put less attention in and get bored, and accidentally screw up. Bleed it out was also easy, but repetitive enough that it took me a few tries for the same reason that "easier" songs are more difficult to FC.

q230
I'm not as familiar with these songs, so take that into consideration with this one
I'm going to say heat of the moment (80s). The reason is that it took me so long to get it (then again, I didn't have a tube TV then, and had to deal with massive amounts of input lag and had to play calibrated to audio).

q301
Can't remember these ones too well, but 18 and life was such an easy FC even though I had so much input lag (I had some wonky calibration and have no clue how I was able to play anything with it, but I got the FC).

q621
Godzillia. Probably because I auck at gh1 though
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q45: Jamie's Cryin'
Q230: Turn the Page - Live
Q301: 18 And Life
Q508: Been Caught Stealing
Q565: Beast and the Harlot (SH)
Q621: Psychosocial

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 45: Rock and Roll All Nite (GH:SH)

Question 230: Turn The Page - Live

Question 301: 18 and Life

Question 508: One for the Road This could just me never being consistent with this song, and well... hating it to death to play.

Question 565: L'Via L'Viaquez Down N' Dirty is still overstrum hell.

Question 621: Seek & Destroy I'm glad I took a look at the chart of this before I went with what I remembered being the hardest. Which was Hang 'Em High. Then I saw that stupid little-forced strumming B/O solo part. Which I've never been good at. It'll be interesting what the next few to go down up here will be.

And as always, thank you, Joseph, for running this monster of a task.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, folks. I'll make this brief: I can't do this any more. The reason why I haven't been here lately is that I get anxious at the thought of keeping this going, especially with all I already have to do week-to-week. I'm so sorry.

I've got a text file of all remaining songs broken out by thread (as opposed to looking through each thread with each update). Simply email me for it at lillo DOT joseph AT gmail DOT com. First come, first serve.

A few pointers for whomever wants to take this on:

*I would recommend at least one more pivot song, which should be from the Guitar-Only thread (it fits well with the other pivot songs, and that's where the greatest number of songs is, so sorting it with the other threads will be that much faster). It'll stop things here, but any progress thereafter would be quicker.

*You'll need to talk to JCirri for access to the original post in this thread, as well as the Guitar-Only thread.

*If you do not know the charts offhand, I'd recommend only voting as a tiebreaker; I haven't played Guitar Hero with any regularity in nearly three years, which is why I stopped voting regularly.

Again, my apologies for letting this go. Thank you all for your votes, your arguments, your corrections and your patience with me as my regularity in posting fluctuated wildly. I hope one of you can take this to the finish line, even if I can't.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
ChihiroShirei  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Thread, FCBP - Questions 45/230/301/508/565/621 Reply with quote

I don't know how much I can do for right now, but let's at least keep this beast moving.

Q45- Rock and Roll All Nite - WINNER
Q230- Turn the Page (Live) - WINNER
Q301- 18 and Life - WINNER
Q508- One for the Road - WINNER
(including me switching my singleton vote for Laid to Rest as a tiebreaker so we can get new questions again)
Q565- UNRESOLVED
Current status: 2 for Down 'n' Dirty, 2 for L'Via L'Viaquez, and 1 for Beast and the Harlot.
Q621- Seek and Destroy - WINNER
(again, changing my vote because I recently just saw this chart for the first time in ages and also because we haven't progressed in six weeks.)

Question 46: Which of these songs is EASIEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Metal Heavy Lady (GH3)
GH:WT) Beautiful Disaster
GH:SH) Killer Queen (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Jamie's Cryin'
GH5) Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
BH/DJH) A Million Ways (BH)
GH:WoR) Bleed It Out

Question 229: Which of these songs is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Heat Of The Moment (GH80s)
GH:WT) Pretty Vacant
GH:M) Nothing Else Matters
GH:SH) Take Me Out (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
GH5) Bleed American
BH/DJH) Just a Girl (BH)
GH:WoR) I'm Not OK (I Promise)

Question 302: Which of these songs is EASIEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Message in a Bottle (GH2)
GH:WT) Escuela De Calor
GH:M) The Boys Are Back In Town (GH:M)
GH:SH) Take It Off (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Sick, Sick, Sick
GH5) Maiden, Mother & Crone
BH/DJH) In a Big Country (BH)
GH:WoR) Sharp-Dressed Man (Live)

Question 507: Which of these songs is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Synchronicity II (GH80s)
GH:WT) Heartbreaker
GH:M) Beautiful Mourning
GH:SH) Laid to Rest (GH:SH)
GH:VH) The Takedown
GH5) Superstition
BH/DJH) I Heard it Through the Grapevine
GH:WoR) Been Caught Stealing

Question 565: Which of these songs is EASIEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Down 'N Dirty (GH3)
GH:WT) L'Via L'Viaquez
GH:M) Wherever I May Roam
GH:SH) Beast and the Harlot (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Feel Your Love Tonight
GH:WoR) Suffocated

Question 620: Which of these songs is HARDEST to FC on Expert Guitar?
Guitar Only) Godzilla (GH1)
GH:WT) Soul Doubt
GH:M) Creeping Death
GH:SH) Caught in a Mosh (GH:SH)
GH:VH) Hang 'Em High
GH5) The Spirit Of Radio (Live)
GH:WoR) Psychosocial
ChihiroShirei  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I still am an active player and I was one of the few votes for the last few questions, I guess I probably still should put in votes.

Beautiful Disaster-- I still don't think there's anything difficult about this.

Heat of the Moment-- I haven't actually played GH80s, so please correct me if this isn't actually as hard as it looks.

Take It Off (SH)-- I feel like this one is a lot less chokey than the other options.

Laid to Rest (SH)-- This one was choke city for me, on the other hand. It feels much more difficult than the others to the point of standing out.

(abstaining, since I already voted for Down 'n' Dirty last time and am not changing that vote)

Godzilla-- A lot of the guitar-only songs that are buried beneath this seem way harder than any other songs left.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q46: Beautiful Disaster (Though Metal Heavy Lady is /very/ close)

Q229: Take Me Out (GH:SH); Just a pain in the ass song. Also, Heat of the Moment has... nothing noteworthy past... one very small strumming part + 2 semi-fast quads if memory serves me correctly.

Q302: Maiden, Mother & Crone - Changing this after re-watching the chart, and Drama does bring up a good point.

Q507: Synchronicity II; I'm just remembering what a pain this was back in the day, that... I don't remember any of the other songs having.

Q565: Pretty sure I voted DnD as well if I didn't well that's my new vote.

Q620: Godzilla. Even if I don't personally agree with it... I'm willing to bet it's just the sheer amount of times I've had to Re-FC it is what is messing with my head.

Edit: Changed Q620/Q302

Last edited by PinkiePie91 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks JosephL for maintaining this for as long as you did! It's a massive undertaking so definitely don't feel bad for having to step away and best of luck in managing your other priorities week-to-week. Those of us who are still interested in keeping this going will certainly see this through (I can't vouch for everyone, but I know I'm pretty patient otherwise I wouldn't still be popping up randomly in scorehero when least suspected :p)

I am definitely in favor of passing the torch to ChihiroShirei who seems to have continued things nicely for now (despite there not being a lot of voters left). While I have odd opinions about FC difficulty I am willing to make some adjustments in the interest of not making things stand still for too long on this thread, and we're at a point where FC difficulty is reasonably interchangeable for many questions, so hopefully my input will contribute to moving things along.

#46 - Beautiful Disaster seems to be a good consensus and I don't think I'll disagree

#229 - Heat of the Moment is definitely harder than it looks, both for the 3 note chords in the verses and the solo-y stuff in the latter half of the song. Again it's a fairly close call for some of the others in this category.

#302 - Maiden Mother & Crone was one I almost voted for last question over 18 and Life, so that's what I'm selecting now. Nothing really that challenging in it. I think Take It Off solo makes it honestly one of the harder ones up there now (despite being loads easier than its GH1 version), so take a look at that vs Maiden Mother Crone again and see if I can't change your minds ;)

#507 - Been Caught Stealing was what I voted for last round, so sticking with that since I'm still not convinced to sway to Synchronicity II or Laid to Rest. I'm not opposed to changing my mind eventually though (see also my response for next question!), so if you have any further thoughts on those then please chime in.

#565 - change vote to Down n Dirty - remove my vote for L'Via in the interest of tie-breaking. They're close enough in difficulty. I'll probably vote for L'Via again next round unless the DnD replacement makes me rethink it.

#620 - Godzilla. I don't think this is the hardest one, and like last time the GHM song is the only one I haven't FC'd (I'm honestly very surprised I seem to have swayed the tide in favor of voting for S&D last round!) but I do think I underrate GH1 song difficulty and there's undoubtedly some other guitar only songs that need to be reached. Spirit of Radio and Psychosocial are good alternates for next selection though. This is a tough question, for sure!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% Changed my mind for Q302, and after rethinking Q620, I agree that there are a few more Guitar only charts that need to be reached, and knocking Godzilla out now feels right, even if I don't /personally/ agree with it. Yet as I said, I really think the sheer amount of times I've had to Re-FC it... is most likely messing with my brain on the difficulty of it. Though I don't think my mind will be changed on Q507, as I really do think Synchronicity II is much harder than the rest. Though it's been years since I've actually played the chart. So... if needed my vote can be changed to whatever is needed to make it go forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 112, 113, 114  Next
Page 113 of 114

Jump to: