ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
karkid26: 2018 review! (December 31st, 2018)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BYOB aint no easy shit, congratz man !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate! B.Y.O.B aint easy one i had problems with that for some reason but now i have it. Its still much much easier than bass x. That Party time on bass is sick.

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@Cabanon: Thanks! I appreciate the support

@VertigoMan: Looking at the bass chart, it seems... pretty intimidating. Maybe some day I'll manage it too? So, figuratively watch this space, I guess? :V

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits FCs!
#20 / 285: Woman
#21 / 286: Them Bones
#22 / 287: Thunder Kiss '65

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits five-star scores!
[insert somewhat lengthy list of songs]

Summary
FG5* #8! I now have only 99 more scores to submit to have five-starred the whole series! The FCs aren't spectacular, but included for sake of completion - all on the first try of the day, as I didn't do much else apart from that but practice some solos - I feel like on a good day, I could FC the GHSH version of Bark At The Moon, I hit the fast part of the solo in practice twice today and it's the only really intimidating part of the song?

So 300 FCs is coming up pretty soon, as is the FS5* - soon I may have to turn my attention to Band Hero? I feel like I could get up to 60 out of 65 FCs on that game or potentially more, but would it be worth the time? Should I set myself some kind of goal? These are all questions I should be asking myself, but seem to not be doing out of laziness; any suggestions?

On a more fun note, the last song I'm going to be playing to get a picture of a score for the FS5* is Burn from WoR because it's somewhat challenging, and I enjoy listening to it. And that's what it's all about, right? Enjoying yourself?

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz on the FG5*! And good luck with BaTm. Just be war of the ending fretting. When it jumps to YOYO's it can get a little hairy if you aren't prepared.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
karkid26  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@voidedalive2x: Thanks! I'll need that good luck, didn't seem like my fretting was particularly fast today.

Summary
Not much to say today - just updating to say that today I choked in the last strumming section of Psychobilly Freakout with around 750 streak, which was a -2 run overall. FC could be soon, which would be my best FC by a long way and quite frankly an insane step up. Like, holy crap!

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than B.Y.O.B.? I doubt that.

Good luck, though.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit getting BYOB so early is absolutely insane. And getting close to BatM/Psychobilly... also super early, that'd be insane. And looking at what you have left, I think you have the Full series X 5 star in the bag unless I'm missing something, but you have Spanish Fly/Eruption/The hard songs in WoR, so I think you've got it.
karkid26  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@voidedalive2x: I don't know, it just feels like when I was playing B.Y.O.B. I had more control of if I hit what I was playing or not, but in the main part of Psychobilly with the fast changing chords I feel more at the mercy of the game as to whether I hit it or not. Compared to that, B.Y.O.B. feels positively simple, but I guess it's subjective at the end of the day?

@PinkiePie91: Thanks! I reckon I've got it, just so long as I get my scores in. Which I haven't been doing as much in the past week, but I've never been great at focusing on one thing, I suppose.

Guitar Hero III FCs!
FC #42 / 288: Mauvais Garcon
FC #43 / 289: Black Sunshine

Guitar Hero World Tour Re-FCs!
What I've Done
Misery Business

Summary
Rest in peace, Chester. Tried to redux What I've Done to a satisfactory standard as a tribute to him, but only managed to improve my score a little. For what it's worth, it's here anyways. Did Misery Business while the disc was in the PS3 as well, for slightly more points on that game.

Also today - random FC of Black Sunshine, having played it maybe twice in the last god knows how long? Really feel like I'm getting somewhere with these FCs. Along with that, Mauvais Garcon! I never have to listen to it again, now that I've FCed it.

Loads more stuff happened on GH3, too. Finished off submitting five-star scores for the Dragonforce songs? Hit 692k(!!!) on my latest run of TTFAF? Made progress towards FCing some more absurdly difficult songs I probably shouldn't even be trying yet? I managed to get -5 on Number of the Beast, then hit Solo 1 on my next try in practice, so that seems feasible. Hit the Aggro part and Mosh Solo of FCPREMIX together in a run, then hit the end lead four times in a row in practice, so if I can get consistent on the main riff then I could potentially full combo FCPREMIX. And if I can do that, at least according to the FC breakdown, I can get 66 FCs on GH3. Which seems wrong, but who knows?

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, you're making lots of leaps and bounds! Gogo 700K!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge leaps and bounds indeed! I don't think I got Black Sunshine until at least the mid-50's, possibly even early 60's. And if you get FCPREMIX (Which was #66 for me) as long as you can knock out Take This Life, I reckon you get 66/70, which would be insane! I'm so glad I never have to play FCPREMIX again... at least on X Guitar, that song is... *insert lots of bad words here* Also nice score on TTFAF! If you get up to 66/70, could probably increase that up to ~700k-750k+!

Also, the next time you pop in WT, I'd say practice the outro for Assassin, I think you can grab that FC, just don't follow my footsteps and overstrum on the second to last note and/or miss the last transition or the last note...
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you can get a random Black Sunshine FC for #43 is just beyond me. For me it was #67 (I feel like I bring this up every time someone talks about GH3 or BS, sorry about that xD), and at the time that breakdown (or w/e it's called) was legitimately the hardest non-TTFAF/One/RaBl section in the game. I mean, I can see how it's flukeable if you're skilled but still, pretty impressive!
karkid26  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@voidedalive2x: Thanks! I'm determined to get to 700k and beyond, seeing as I'm really close, I know I can do it!

@PinkiePie91: GH3 is just one of the more fun games in the series, I guess, and I'd love to hit 66 FCs on it - I'm kind of set on it for now, which isn't exactly bad but I'd like to get the FS5* submitted and such And oh god, Assassin, I had to play that over and over in the Season 17 leagues just to try and combo to anywhere near the strumming at the end, the engine is awkward as hell and the song is stuck in my nightmares. I'll FC it, but not for as long as I can avoid it.

@Jellu: Sure, that part of Black Sunshine is fast, but it's not particularly complicated, nor does it go on that long, in my opinion? I'm less looking forward to things like Cult of Personality's solo, Holiday In Cambodia's intro, the outro of Rock You Like A Hurricane, Solo 1 of Number of the Beast, both orange walls in Cliffs of Dover and the phasers in Don't Hold Back? I mean, at least the soundtrack of this game is amazing so it's okay to play most of the songs over and over.

Guitar Hero III FCs!
FC #44 / 290: Take This Life (??????)
FC #45 / 291: La Grange
FC #46 / 292: Rock And Roll All Nite

Guitar Hero III Re-FCs!
Even Flow

Summary
I don't know! TTL didn't seem as difficult as a lot of stuff because there wasn't anything particularly fast in it? It doesn't seem anywhere near as difficult as the stuff I worried about maybe because of the parts of this game that I'm good at like strumming? Am I FCing things wrong? There's such a thing as leaps and bounds, but this is absurd! Whatever, still feels insane to get the FC on a song that I used to struggle to get four stars on.

karkid26, back on the first page of this thread about four years ago, wrote:
I decided that my Take This Life score was dreadful so I beat it by another 104K. (That score seems it's also been submitted as a contribution to the 5 star cutoff list. I was so close!)

One might expect more improvement in that sort of time frame, but hey, I'm proud. In other news:
1) I'm up on my TTFAF score by just about another 2k points, to 694k!
2) I've got -1 on three different attempts at FCPREMIX...
3) Got a decent -11 on Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya!
4) And made an easily improvable 650k on Operation Ground and Pound.

So for the past few days, things have been going pretty well, I'd like to think! Who knows what this series has in store for me next?

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karkid26 wrote:
Replies!

@PinkiePie91: GH3 is just one of the more fun games in the series, I guess, and I'd love to hit 66 FCs on it - I'm kind of set on it for now, which isn't exactly bad but I'd like to get the FS5* submitted and such And oh god, Assassin, I had to play that over and over in the Season 17 leagues just to try and combo to anywhere near the strumming at the end, the engine is awkward as hell and the song is stuck in my nightmares. I'll FC it, but not for as long as I can avoid it.

I don't know! TTL didn't seem as difficult as a lot of stuff because there wasn't anything particularly fast in it? It doesn't seem anywhere near as difficult as the stuff I worried about maybe because of the parts of this game that I'm good at like strumming? Am I FCing things wrong? There's such a thing as leaps and bounds, but this is absurd! Whatever still feels insane to get the FC on a song that I used to struggle to get four stars on.

karkid26, back on the first page of this thread about four years ago, wrote:
I decided that my Take This Life score was dreadful so I beat it by another 104K. (That score seems it's also been submitted as a contribution to the 5 star cutoff list. I was so close!)

One might expect more improvement in that sort of time frame, but hey, I'm proud. In other news:
1) I'm up on my TTFAF score by just about another 2k points, to 694k!
2) I've got -1 on three different attempts at FCPREMIX...
3) Got a decent -11 on Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya!
4) And made an easily improvable 650k on Operation Ground and Pound.

So for the past few days, things have been going pretty well, I'd like to think! Who knows what this series has in store for me next?

-karkid26

Hopefully, when you're done knocking GH3 FC's out of the park, you can (and easily will, unless I'm forgetting a song on GH5/WoR) finish off the rest of the FS5 stars!

GH3X (Except maybe GH1, as I didn't get GH3 for a fair bit after it came out) is probably the game/difficulty I have played the most out of the entire series, awesome setlist, also getting TTL (Which was #65 for me) and the three -1's on FCPREMIX (#66) I think you're well on your way to getting at least 63-66(67?) on it!

TTL, the main issue for me was I couldn't get used to strumming that YB/RY "trills" for the longest of times. I'm unsure if I could get a re-FC of it if you gave me an hour on it. Thankfully I don't hate myself that much and don't mind that I missed... a fair bit of points in my redux, so I don't have to try haha!

Black Sunshine (Though this may be me disliking the song in general) it isn't /t fast, but it's just fast enough/long enough into the song that it's just annoying as hell to miss there.

CoP's Solo... If you can get semi-consistent at the "hard" part the...
(It's been awhile since I've played the chart) and the transition after that, that was probably the hardest/most practice I had to put into this, but after getting semi-consistent at that part, in my opinion, it gets a hell of a lot easier.

Holiday in Cambodia Intro/Don't Hold Back Phazers always felt extremely luck based (more-so with the Phazers I felt) But thankfully for HiC it's at the very beginning, though that was one of my most nervous first FC's in GH3, thankfully, and I hope you get this as well. First time I hit it in a real run (which tbh, it's at the very start, so just play the full song other than practising it)

RYLaH's outro... this song hated me, I know I didn't get it until either very late 50's or early-mid 60's, I think I may have even tapped it lol. But this one comes down to nerves/consistency for myself, hopefully, you don't have /as/ much as a problem with it that I did.

NotB Solo 1... I still don't know how to hit the O/R part without strumming all of it lol. Sadly, no tips there from me. Hopefully, someone that can actually hit this part without sheer luck can help you here.

CoD, if you can hit the first one, as long as you remember where the second one is and can transition fast enough for the second one (Which I think is after a sustain) just tap orange. I don't remember if they are different NPS or anything, but just practice the intro wall, and I think you have a pretty good chance at knocking this one out.

Nice score on TTFAF, hope you can knock out 700k soon enough! I may need to steal my cousins 360 so I can play the Dropkick Murphy's pack, all those songs are amazing, and from what I remember are all pretty damn fun to play.

Also, it's impossible to FC songs in the wrong order. The breakdowns are just from a general consensus, and we (pretty much) all need to tweak it a bit, as we all have are strengths and weaknesses. Such as me getting Texas Flood (#44) at 40/47, Free Bird (#64) at like 45/74, Monsters (#50) at like 30/70.

Sorry for the long post, but you're making amazing progress my friend, and hopefully this post /may/ help you when you go for those FC's!

PS: Though I do recommend not using my method for NotB Solo 1, granted I barely remember the chart, I just remember... my stupid method, and not missing in the trills... then missing in the outro!
karkid26  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@PinkiePie91: Whoa, thanks for the helping hand on those sections! I'll have to come back to your post when I'm going for those harder GH3 FCs! I reckon I owe you one, heh, always good to learn from other players! I reckon given time I have a good shot of getting well into the 60s... But, for the time being, time for something completely different?

Guitar Hero: Van Halen FCs!
FC #21 / 293: Double Vision
FC #22 / 294: Space Truckin'
FC #23 / 295: Come To Life
FC #24 / 296: The End Of Heartache

Guitar Hero: Van Halen Re-FCs!
Cathedral
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Guitar Hero: Van Halen five star scores!
[insert a long list of songs here]

Summary
FG5* #9! Only three (four? BH?) to go! And 78 more songs to input scores for... God, it's such a grind. On a brighter note, 300 FCs is coming right up! Guess this is kind of a small mini-update but, getting five stars on a full game of songs is what it is, I suppose. Spanish Fly is still the hardest five-star in the series.

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job, GHVH FG5* is definitely the hardest game and I agree that Spanish Fly is probably the hardest in the series so the rest of the songs should be just a matter of playing and inputting scores (if you haven't) for full series five-star. Great job FCing BYOB and TTL as well, those are some of my favorite charts. You're just doing really awesome lately overall so that's fun to watch Keep it up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: