ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
karkid26: 2018 review! (December 31st, 2018)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand Deadfall (although I also haven't played it since I went through it on XGuitar back in '12 or so).

Also, great job with Black Cat! Even if you can't close out the FGFC by New Years, it's gotta be in the bag now.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
karkid26  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@PinkiePie91: Black Cat doesn't seem all too difficult... sure, the solo's pretty fast, but if you hit it once in a run, that's the FC pretty much done, right? Anyway... Thanks for the support! I know I can get way more FCs, it's just a matter of how much time I can put into it!

@voidedalive2x: I'd certainly hope so! I'm also trying to get a decent score on each song that I play on Band Hero, so I'm definitely headed for about top 15 overall on that game, if I recall correctly? And Deadfall is a pretty surreal song, but the verse riff isn't as strange as it might first seem? I'm not the best at offering advice on songs, heh, especially not something as weird as that!

(2016 AND) 2017 REVIEW
It's been a long time since I've made one of these. Let's go!

STATISTICS

New XGuitar FCs: (7/702) 68/702
Total Expert Guitar FCs: 338/702
All 702 main series songs five starred!
Best streak: 1909, Take A Picture, XGuitar

TIMELINE (2017 ONLY)

03 Jul : FG5* #7 - Guitar Hero Live
16 Jul : FG5* #8 - Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
26 Jul : FG5* #9 - Guitar Hero: Van Halen
29 Jul : 300 FCs (Blue Day)
01 Sep : FG5* #10 - Guitar Hero: World Tour
17 Sep : FG5* #11 - Guitar Hero 5
18 Sep : FG5* #12 - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, full series 5*, five starred The Devil Went Down To Georgia

PREDICTIONS FOR 2018
Like I said back in September, I have three particular aims I could go for. I could redux some old scores to get up the leaderboards in the rivalry, I could aim for the half-series FC, or I could try and get a FGFC of Band Hero. I'm not confident that I can get all of these done, but I'm hoping for at least one of them. Even if my track record would indicate I generally do better when I'm not making predictions about the future.

In addition, at just after 2am this morning, to ring in the New Year, I played a little bit of TTFAF after... just over half a bottle of vodka? Managed to hit 450k, which was a pleasant surprise, and a fun way to start off 2018! Here's to another great year of Guitar Hero, with any luck!

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Last edited by karkid26 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinking it's fucking awesome you could even pass TTFAF while in any state of inebriation, honestly.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
karkid26  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@Voidedlefty: Thanks! My non-Guitar Hero playing friends were probably a lot more impressed with my ability on the game while I'd been drinking than while I hadn't. Probably helped that they were pretty far gone by that point too?

Guitar Hero Aerosmith FCs!
FC #15 / 339: Pandora's Box
FC #16 / 340: Complete Control
FC #17 / 341: Talk Talkin'
FC #18 / 342: Hard To Handle
FC #19 / 343: Toys In The Attic

Guitar Hero 2 Xbox-exclusive FCs!
FC #1: Possum Kingdom
FC #2: Salvation
FC #3: Hush
FC #4: Dead!

Guitar Hero 2 Xbox-exclusive five star scores!
(All other Xbox exclusive songs!)

Band Hero FCs!
FC #43: Our Lips Are Sealed
FC #44: Honky Tonk Women
FC #63: Y.M.C.A.
FC #64: I Heard It Through The Grapevine
FC #65: American Pie

Summary
Oh jeez, a Band Hero FGFC! That's one of my goals for the year entirely finished off already! 13th across all consoles, to boot, although I reckon I could probably hit top 10 if I tried, like, really hard... But then again, it's only Band Hero. There are other games to perfect, that actually count towards my FC count!... Actually, two of my goals, seeing as I've hit both the Overall and Grand Total boards over on the bushidox rivalry. And... I'm only eight FCs away from the half-series FC. Nice.

Getting five stars across all the GH2 Xbox exclusives was nice too, but the only other thing I really feel I should mention was that I FCed Dead! on a sightread run. Considering how little I play the older games in the series, I'm pretty darn proud of it. Toys in the Attic was also a really good FC for me, considering it was the only song in Aerosmith I didn't five-star first try on my initial playthrough of the game.

I'll leave you with this - here's a quick scroll of the Band Hero setlist, with six stars on all songs. Thanks for reading, guys!

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Last edited by karkid26 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job man! Always nice to get your first FGFC! Also looking at your VH FC's (if I'm remembering the chart correctly for Panama/LoC) and your WoR Deadfall FC, I think you can get a hell of a lot more overall. I think 400 is within your reach, and most likely a fair bit more. Think you could get up to 39/41 on GHA, as long as you don't vomit due to the fretboard/colourblindness lol.

Also great job on Dead! Especially on a sightread. Amazing work my friend, and also yes, playing TTFAF (Any hard song) a bit intoxicated is quite fun when you're a bit less hammered than the rest My Farewell Myth score was done fairly intoxicated with a friend over that was good at GH and she didn't understand why I was so happy with the FC! I'll stop my rambling now, but absolutely incredible work my friend. Can't wait to see what you pull off this year.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on your 1st FGFC. BH is kinda fun with short songs with some good songs even if pop.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job getting your first FGFC!

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz on the BH FGFC! Nice way to start off the year!

At this rate you'll get 2 of your three stated goals before the end of February (hell, even by January since I think you can easily get 8 more FCs by the 31st). You'll have to start thinking of some new ones at this point.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
karkid26  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@PinkiePie91: A lot more FCs should be possible! It's just becoming a struggle to find them? I've noticed I seem to skip over fairly possible FCs when I'm playing because I think there must be something easier out there still to play? Which is true, for now, but I'll have to learn to stay focused for longer if I want to really get more FCs! 400 is definitely possible. Also - I reckon that with enough work, I could definitely get a ton more FCs on Aerosmith, and... Panama isn't that hard, is it? For real? Is this a meme or something?

@Cabanon: I had a fair bit of fun, I'm not afraid to admit! Although songs that go on for more than about five minutes get kind of exhausting, if they're not American Pie. My score on Take A Picture is one of the worst of the BH setlist, and I don't really feel much motivation to play it again when there's just other stuff I could be going for.

@Jellu: Thanks! Hopefully it won't be my last Aerosmith might be a good call...

@Voidedlefty: Hope I can make it a whole year of doing achievements as good as that! I'm gonna have to come up with new goals, yeah. I never know what I'm about to play, though, so most of my goals are pretty general! And yeah... February was a pretty good guess for when I'd get those last few FCs. Could have been way earlier, but time constraints, I guess!

Time to get to the actual post
Wow, that was a lot of typing.

In between the rest of what I've been doing, I've found that while I don't have access to my friend's Xbox, he can run Clone Hero on his laptop so I can play on there? It doesn't get me any FCs that really count, but it's still pretty fun, so I guess I'm including it along with the rest of what I do? Anyway.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs!
FC #63 / 344: What Do I Get?
FC #64 / 345: Tick Tick Boom
FC #65 / 347: Re-Ignition (Live)
FC #66 / 348: We're Not Gonna Take It

Guitar Hero III FCs!
FC #49 / 346: Minus Celsius

Guitar Hero Metallica FCs!
FC #14 / 349: Turn The Page - Live
FC #15 / 350: No Excuses
FC #16 / 351: Fade To Black
FC #17 / 352: No Leaf Clover
FC #18 / 353: Demon Cleaner

Other things?
GHSH: Score improvements on Free Bird and Raining Blood

GHM: Score improvement on War Ensemble and a Re-FC of The Boys Are Back In Town

GH3: Score improvements on the Tom Morello and Slash boss battle DLC songs

Clone Hero: When You Were Young 150% speed FC, Avant La Tempete 150% speed FC (GHX chart), Best Of You 150% speed -1 with about three(?) overstrums, and (not pictured) an FC of Chorus 2B through to Let's Play! on Play With Me (GHSH).

Summary
So, I hit that half-series FC that I've been waiting for! And with no less a song than Fade To Black, for good measure! It's not the hardest FC in the world, not by a long shot, but it's just... a really good song, okay? Aside from that milestone, I'm really not sure what to make of the rest of the FCs and improvements in score that I got since last update? Maybe, like, my strumming has improved? I'm pretty sure that the Best Of You strumming at 150% would be just over 19 notes per second, but I'm not sure. Make of all this what you will.

But with that goal reached, I guess I'm going for 400 FCs next? Jeez, this post got overwhelming really fast.

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really awesome seeing you already hitting your goals for the year, and we're not even two full months in! I definitely think 400 is gonna be a non-issue for you. Deadfall is honestly a really tricky FC, and I could see you getting quite a bit more in WoR and other games overall. With you having 49 FC's in GH3, i'm willing to bet you could easily get 60+! Either way, keep it up!
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60+ should be possible for you on GH3. Also, Panama isn't a meme, that slider section is terrible, and I think I didn't get it until... I believe 30/47 or so.

But 400+ is easily within your grasps.

And as Brad said, Deadfall is one of best FC's in my eyes, just due to how tricky/chokable it is. I thought at one point I'd not get the FC till around 90 lol.
karkid26  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@Bradmasta: 400 FCs seems like it shouldn't be a problem, yeah! It just seems like the only real thing that's stopping me is being able to play, recently; the availability of places where I could feasibly get new FCs is becoming an issue. I'm not spending a whole lot of time at home lately, so there isn't a good window of time where I can put time aside for Guitar Hero. I was thinking that maybe come September I could have my copy of GHLive for PS4 with me at university, if I make it in next year? But they're shutting down the servers for that pretty soon, so that idea is a bit... eh.

@PinkiePie91: I think I could get 60+ pretty easily, again, it's just a matter of having the time to dedicate to it! The slider section didn't seem too bad when I played it, maybe I just got lucky hitting it a couple of times, and maybe 30/47 on VH could be a fair target to aim for in that particular game? Thanks again for the support, and I'll try to do the best I can! Also, sorry to hear that you got banned...

ANYWAY.

Guitar Hero Van Halen FCs!
FC #25 / 354: Unchained

Guitar Hero Smash Hits FCs!
FC #23 / 355: No One Knows
FC #24 / 356: Round And Round
FC #25 / 357: Killing In The Name
FC #26 / 358: Take It Off

Guitar Hero 1 FCs!
FC #11 / 359: Killer Queen
FC #12 / 360: Behind The Mask

Guitar Hero 3 FCs!
FC #50 / 361: Impulse

Other things?
GHVH: Small score increase on Everybody Wants Some, and a 20k improvement on Hot For Teacher.

GHSH: 15k on Miss Murder (same streak), another 8k on Play With Me, 35k on Flames, almost 30k on Raining Blood, and a re-FC of Lay Down.

GH1: 25k more on Bark At The Moon, about 40k+ on Fire It Up, 10k+ on Get Ready 2 Rokk, 20k on Texas Flood, same on Ace of Spades, and an improvement of over 80k *each* on Crossroads and Cowboys from Hell!

GH3: A re-FC of Even Flow, and an improvement on TTFAF from 694k all the way up to 741,571. Holy crap?

Clone Hero: Less Talk More Rokk 125% speed -1, on the second to last note. Oof.

Summary
A lot of these songs were heavily overdue to be FC'd, but some of them I am kind of psyched about. I mean, Round and Round is pretty crazy, right? Yeah, to be honest, there are a lot of score improvements here, but I think the biggest thing is getting past 700k on TTFAF, and doing it by a long way. I'm actually past the 6-star cutoff listed on the song stats page, now? I mean, I also kind of messed up the ending from freaking out, to the extent that I actually have a way higher score with a lower percentage of notes hit?

Mostly I don't really know what I'm going for here, but I think maybe I'm getting better? Anyway, glad I updated. Hopefully I'll be back soon, having had time to actually play!

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the 700K club! Honestly, any score improvement on TTFAF is great improvement just because of how consistently hard it is.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you've been making major progress. 700k on TTFaF is great.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
karkid26  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replies!
@voidedalive2x: Thanks! Pretty soon, I'll probably have to start finding methods of hitting certain sections of TTFAF just to get a score increase! You know, sections that aren't They're Hammer Ons...

@BlueTornado: Hey, thanks! It's been a while since I started this thread with a TTFAF score, looking back and seeing that I've basically doubled it since then feels pretty good. Even if it has taken well over five years?

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock FCs!
FC #67 / 362: Tones Of Home
FC #68 / 363: Feels Like The First Time
FC #69 / 364: There's No Secrets This Year
FC #70 / 365: Unskinny Bop
FC #71 / 366: It's Only Another Parsec...
FC #72 / 367: Burnin' For You

Guitar Hero Metallica FCs!
FC #19 / 368: King Nothing
FC #20 / 369: The Memory Remains
FC #21 / 370: Orion
FC #22 / 371: Frantic
FC #23 / 372: Albatross
FC #24 / 373: Tuesday's Gone

Other stuff
(GH3) +40k on The Way It Ends, around a -8 iirc?
(GHWoR) +30k on Black Widow Of La Porte
(GHWoR) +50k on If You Want Peace... Prepare For War
(GHWoR) +5k on This Day We Fight
(GHWoR) +40k on Speeding
(GHWoR) 1st (across all consoles?) on Il Canto Degli Italiani XBass
(GHL) FC'd The Kill and When You Were Young on Regular
(GHL) Various other achievement-hunting related activities
(GHM) +10k on Fuel
(GHM) FC'd Mommy's Little Monster MGuitar (glitched note)
(GHM) FC'd Master of Puppets HGuitar (glitched note)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary
Master of Puppets is my first FC on Hard, and Mommy's Little Monster is my first FC on Medium, just as long as you don't count GHL's "regular" difficulty as Medium. I never seem to like making it easy for myself, huh? I was considering Trogdor for a while on Hard instead, but somehow I don't think that was ever likely to happen. Anyway, I haven't accomplished anything mind-blowing in the last couple of months, instead I've been pouring time into passing my exams (barely) and getting the achievements on Live before they shut down the GHTV servers in December. I don't consider GHTV FCs worth noting, partially because there doesn't seem to be a way to get a good picture, they're not listed here on SH, and the Strumillionaire achievement is killing me.

Anyway, see you in a while, guys! I'll be playing Live in the meantime, strumming another 770 thousand times or so, and when that happens, that should be worth a mention.

-karkid26
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: