ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Xbox One Revealed!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Xbox One Revealed! Reply with quote

So new console or something. People on this site seem to mostly own Xboxes so I figured a thread would be good maybe.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems legit, right?

In all seriousness, I am not sold at all on buying this. Especially since everyone on this site has invested hundreds into Rock Band DLC and instruments, it's hard to get excited about having to switch to a whole new system where none of our stuff is backwards compatible (not that I really believed it would be, but I hoped of course, especially considering comments from Alex Rigopulos saying they would try to make DLC carry over into the new generation if they could).

There are some cool features, but with the measures they are taking to discourage loaning your games or buying used games I feel like this is really a problem for people who don't have money to buy a brand new game every time. As my husband put it, the gaming community is elitist enough without making it pretty classist on top of it all by forcing more money out of us for more things and a required internet connection on top of it all. I can't see this being a good thing, but I could always be proven wrong. If you ask me, though, limiting it the way they are is going to lead to another crash of the gaming market because the demographic of people who would normally buy this stuff are the ones struggling the most with this economy.

I've never been a Nintendo fangirl in my life but as far as having fun with local multiplayer goes, if I was going to drop a few hundred $ on a new console this year with the intent of playing with friends, it would almost assuredly be a WiiU. And that's sad, 'cause I really wanted to like the new Xbox.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've originally heard that Microsoft called the 2nd XBOX the XBOX 360 instead of XBOX 2 because it would look inferior with the 2 when being compared to the Playstation 3. Now, if that were true, then how the fuck is a ONE being compared to a FOUR better?

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw&feature=youtu.be

That pretty much sums up everything that was wrong with the press release really. Sadly they don't show the part where the woman was talking about all the demographics this would apply to, and never once mentioned gamers. I dunno, I was leaning away from Xbox well before this, and this kind of put the nail in the coffin for me with Microsoft.

I have to say, the funniest thing though was watching the stocks as the press conference went along, Microsoft's slowly dropped while Nintendo and Sony's skyrocketed. It's rather entertaining that the biggest success Sony has had in a while comes from Microsoft falling flat on their face.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to wait until E3 to make any final judgements, but this press conference seemed really underwhelming. It seems to me like they forgot they're making a video game console and they're trying to make an all-in-one (hah I get the name now) entertainment station. Most of the stuff they premiered this morning seemed unnecessary, and it looks like they're headed in the Nintendo direction of appealing to casual majority and leaving their hardcore fans behind

Like I said, I'll see what they bring to E3

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoArbiter wrote:
it looks like they're headed in the Nintendo direction of appealing to casual majority and leaving their hardcore fans behind

Honestly, this was a reveal and a sort of "hey look what we're doing everyone" thing where they're trying to sell it to people who might not be as hardcore and would appreciate something like a bluray player or cable or sports or whatever, with the details for the hardcore fans to come since they know the hardcore fans will be patient. (assuming they're not already in line to buy one, obv)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apperently I'm the only one that is positive about the Xbox1? EA exclusives = Good bye FIFA on the PS3 which means a huge change of sales in europe as almost everyone that plays Fifa has a PS3.

E3 is for lé games so let's wait and see what happens there.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
There are some cool features, but with the measures they are taking to discourage loaning your games or buying used games I feel like this is really a problem for people who don't have money to buy a brand new game every time.

I would've supported the Xbox One, but their used games policy is essentially a deal-breaker for me. Backwards compatibility is something I don't mind losing (I got my 360 for that), but screwing a certain demographic like this is not a good idea.

GuitarHailz wrote:
If you ask me, though, limiting it the way they are is going to lead to another crash of the gaming market because the demographic of people who would normally buy this stuff are the ones struggling the most with this economy.

I don't think another crash of the gaming market like Atari in 1983 will happen because of this. However, what I think of as being more likely is Microsoft dropping out of the console race like Sega with the Dreamcast.

FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Apperently I'm the only one that is positive about the Xbox1? EA exclusives = Good bye FIFA on the PS3 which means a huge change of sales in europe as almost everyone that plays Fifa has a PS3.

E3 is for lé games so let's wait and see what happens there.

also not that I'd be buying any new-gen consoles anytime soon but the anti-used games thing is a huge dealbreaker and is something I could never support

that and xbl not being worth the price compared to psn anymore most of the time

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I won't try to defend MS's communication to the consumers regarding their console I'll mention some things:

This used game fee is not confirmed to be any specific amount, so assuming that it's going to be prohibitive to the used game market is somewhat silly. Links between a game and an account is nothing new, Steam does the same thing. (Before you mention gifting and whatnot, remember MS hasn't exactly gotten clear details on the system out yet.)

The "always online" concept has flaws but MS clearly doesn't care about the market of people who can't have broadband and a router in 2013. I'm sure there's more to this system than the little we know of it anyway.

MS does know what it's talking about with its XBL users when it talks about sports and TV more than games. Halo 4, their current biggest first party title, has a smaller average population than games from before the "app era" did despite the larger user base. Halo 2 certainly had more in its heyday. Now we have games splitting the userbase massively No H2 juggernaut with 98% of the population exists. And a large portion of the userbase is using the Netflix and Hulu type apps or the Party Chat, not even playing games. Yet these people complain when MS wants to target this exact market, which is one both hardcore and casual gamers are willing to be part of.

It's clear at this point that there's conflicting info being distributed, perhaps even within MS itself. I'm not making any decisions or getting worked up at rights infringements that may or may not exist before it's clear that the issues are real.

Also, a disappointing reveal is nothing to cry "the end of MS consoles" over because you only have to look at the 360 reveal from 2005 to see the same thing. MS is hardly doing poorly on their current console and infrastructure. Seems unlikely that that will actually change.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Links between a game and an account is nothing new, Steam does the same thing. (Before you mention gifting and whatnot, remember MS hasn't exactly gotten clear details on the system out yet.)

the way its looking regarding games, the xbox one is just going to be a gaming pc without the benefits playing on a gaming pc generally offers

unless ms plans to completely overhaul how they deal with digital prices it's going to be fucking awful, steam at least offers frequent sales and discounts, and along with that there's plenty of other websites you're free to buy games from at different prices and DRM options

rabblerabblerabblerabble

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, from what I've been told, if you borrow a game from a friend, and put it in your XBox, you have to buy the game on XBox live to even play it? That's pretty messed up. Sure, it makes sense, but considering that I borrow a lot of games, that's horseshit for me. Plus I'm really not a fan of being forced to use Kinect. I thought the Kinect was kind of a failed experiment anyway, considering I never heard too much about it, minus when it was released.

I don't understand why console games are trying so hard to become Entertainment systems nowadays. I mean, come on, I play XBox to play video games. Not watch TV, use the internet, etc. If I wanted to watch TV, I would go to my TV and watch TV. If I wanted to use the internet, I would be on my computer. But I digress. I just miss the days where a game system was a GAME system. I don't know why the idea of this has become obselete, but maybe I'm just complaining over stupid shit. Once it's released, I'm probably going to give it a few months and see how the sales and reviews are. If they're decent, maybe I'll get one. If not, I'll probably pass and just get a Playstation 4, if I get any of the next gen consoles. I still don't own a Playstation 3, but they apparently still have some good releases coming out for that as well, so it couldn't hurt.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone actually wanting clear info, TrueAchievements have this pretty good FAQ: http://www.trueachievements.com/n13327/xbox-one-answering-some-questions.htm

In particular it has info regarding "always online", the used game fee and kinect.

Honestly when I read the reasoning the MS guy gives for the fee thing it makes sense for most circumstances. From what I'm getting out of that quote, there's more to the system than was initially implied. Certainly not sounding like one owner per disc.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 game is locked up to 1 XBOX Live account. fair enough, but thats still horseshit IMO. all of this crap just to avoid being pirated ? what's the % of players who hacked their console ?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
1 game is locked up to 1 XBOX Live account. fair enough, but thats still horseshit IMO. all of this crap just to avoid being pirated ? what's the % of players who hacked their console ?

It's not so much piracy concerns as the fact that they seem to be planning to allow you to play games installed to your system without a disc (aka something you can do on a PC right now) but they don't want some group of friends getting what is effectively infinite amounts of a game from one disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: