ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Xbox One Revealed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
eddaket wrote:
They got rid of family sharing D: (by the sounds of it. Not explicitly stated). Why get rid of the one good thing they had going for them lol.

that featured wasnt removed AFAIK. it's still there and present in their announcement

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
eddaket wrote:
They got rid of family sharing D: (by the sounds of it. Not explicitly stated). Why get rid of the one good thing they had going for them lol.

that featured wasnt removed AFAIK. it's still there and present in their announcement

A higher up at MS has stated that sharing isn't off the table for good, it just won't be at launch. Could just be PR talk but they seem to like the idea so they might try to make it happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:
Cabanon wrote:
eddaket wrote:

A higher up at MS has stated that sharing isn't off the table for good, it just won't be at launch. Could just be PR talk but they seem to like the idea so they might try to make it happen.

Kubuh also mentioned to me on IRC today that Family Share wasn't exactly what we (I) thought it was. Rather than actually allowing 10 friends to play the game, it would all 10 friends to play a special time-limited demo of the game, which they would then have to purchase after the time was up. This would still have been cool if they did it right (let a player play the first hour of the game or something rather than a hand picked section, and allowing a player to continue where they left off if they purchase it).
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:

Kubuh also mentioned to me on IRC today that Family Share wasn't exactly what we (I) thought it was. Rather than actually allowing 10 friends to play the game, it would all 10 friends to play a special time-limited demo of the game, which they would then have to purchase after the time was up. This would still have been cool if they did it right (let a player play the first hour of the game or something rather than a hand picked section, and allowing a player to continue where they left off if they purchase it).

Well it isn't confirmed (and most likely will never be) but it certainly seems likely at this point that it was a glorified demo of some sort (like PS+ does with some games). Guess we'll find out if they ever decide to do it in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how about that rumor that they might stop requiring Kinect?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:

If they do they better release an SKU without it for $399. (I really do hope it happens)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the one hour demo thing regarding sharing is untrue. They really were planning full game sharing, with no time limit, as described.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
inv4der wrote:

If they do they better release an SKU without it for $399. (I really do hope it happens)
That would be awesome. Then they might actually be able to compete with Sony this christmas. I mean, why would you want to pay an extra $100 for something that you won't ever use? Yeah some people use it, i would rather just sit down and play real games with a controller . And most parents would much rather go for console that is $100 cheaper. But with both at $399, we could see some serious competition.

Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Apparently the one hour demo thing regarding sharing is untrue. They really were planning full game sharing, with no time limit, as described.

According to xbox people yes, and call me a hater or whatever but I really don't believe anything they say after everything that happened during and since E3 (confirming they aren't changing anything the day before they change everything for one). And honestly, what publishers would agree to that system anyway? Literally none.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/21/4451172/xbox-engineer-disappointed-pastebin-note-rumored-features

Quote:

It's impossible to verify that these are the words of an Xbox engineer, but sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans have revealed to The Verge that the company was discussing the idea of limiting each Family Sharing session to one hour and that game progress would be saved so you could play through the hourly caps or purchase the full game to continue uninterrupted. The engineer notes that Microsoft was contemplating limiting the number of times Family Sharing could be accessed per game until it was purchased.

Anyway this is pointless to argue about because we'll never find out the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: