Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 5 NFL Betting League!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Season 5 NFL Betting League! Reply with quote

Hey all, it's time for annual signups for my betting league . The weekly picks league costs $140, fantasy costs $105, and if you're in at least one league, you can pay another $5 to join the eliminator league. The deadline to join is August 15th, 2013! Here's the full set of rules for your convenience!

(Keep in mind that prizing is dependent on the # of people in the league, and we will meet before the season begins to discuss possible rules changes)

Rules wrote:
1. All betters must join BEFORE the start of the first game of the season, so as not to create an unfair advantage for picking the playoff spots.

2. At the beginning of the season, each player must contribute $25 for the best overall record pot and $10 for the playoff picks pot. Every week, $5 per person will be placed into the weekly picks pot, and, for those in the fantasy league, another $5 per person will be placed into the fantasy pot. Also, $10 will be put into a fantasy league pot for the best overall fantasy score at the end of the season. After the regular season concludes, $20 per person will be placed into the playoff brackets pot and, for those in fantasy, $10 per person will be placed into the fantasy playoff pot. A separate eliminator challenge, run on ESPN, will be worth a side pot of $5 per person.

3. All players start at a negative amount. As you win, your total will rise accordingly. NOTE: YOUR TOTAL CAN NEVER LOWER.

4. Every week has two separate pools; they are each $5 per person per week (as described in Rule 2), and are defined as follows:

4a. Weekly Picks: In this pool, money is alloted based on correct picks. Every game should be picked every week; a win is worth 1 point, a loss is worth 0, and a tie is worth 0.5. Picks are straight up (aka, not off a spread). A pick that is not placed is counted as a loss. However, each individual player is allowed one week throughout the year to be designated as a "vacation week," where you will be given a record of 0-0 for the week. You still lose your $5 for the week, however. After you have used this, any missed weeks will give you a loss for every game that week. Each week, you may choose a team to “double down” on. This game will count as 2 wins or 2 losses and is entirely optional each week, but the same team cannot be picked twice in the same season. This game will be referred to as a “doubled game.” The doubled game will not count double towards your overall record, win or lose; the pick will only count as double for that given week’s record.

4b. Fantasy Picks: Every week, participants will pick two players for each of the following fantasy positions: quarterback, running back, wide receiver, tight end, and defense/special teams. In addition, you are allowed one flex player chosen between a runningback, wide receiver, or tight end. Using standard ESPN scoring (no PPR), the fantasy points of each of the 11 athletes will be added together, and the person with the highest total wins. For those not familiar with fantasy football, you pick a TEAM, not a player, for defense/special teams. All other positions are individual players.

5. For picking playoffs, each player will pick a division winner for each division, the team you believe will earn home field advantage in each conference, and THREE wildcards from each conference. If the person you pick to win the division wins the division, you get 3 points. If the person you pick to be a wildcard is a wildcard, you get 2 points. If the person you pick to be a wildcard wins their division or if your division pick is a wildcard, you get 1 point. If you correctly pick the team that wins home-field advantage in either conference, you get a bonus 5 points per conference picked correctly. These picks are due by 11:59 pm EST on September 4th (the day before the first game of the season).

6a. Brackets must be made after Week 17, prior to the start of the playoffs. All picks are locked in and cannot be changed during the playoffs, much like college basketball brackets. A wildcard win is 1 point; a divisional win is 2 points; a conference win is 3 points; and picking the Super Bowl winner is 5 points.

6b. For picking fantasy playoffs, each player will make the standard 11 picks prior to the wildcard round for that round specifically. Then, before the divisional round, players will make picks for the rest of the playoffs. Each player will pick the standard 11 players, and their combined performances over the last 3 weeks will be added together. This cumulative score will then be added to the wildcard score, and that will be your total playoff score.

7. Eliminator picks will be run through ESPN and are subject to a winner-take-all system that goes to the last person standing. In case no one survives a given week, that week will be ignored and a tiebreaker week will ensue the following week. If the tie lasts past Week 17, the money will be split between the winners.

8. Prizing will be the following (1st/2nd/3rd/4th):

8a. Fantasy (no 4th place) - 2.5x/1.5x/1x

8b. Eliminator (no 2nd-4th place) - $50.00

8c. Everything else - 5x/3x/2x/1x

9. In the event of a perfect week (e.g. one in which every game of the week is picked correctly), that/those person/people will receive half of all other winnings. For example, if one person goes 16-0 one week, the prizing will be $35.00/$7.50/$5.00/$2.50.

10. Payments are due at the end of the season only, as to be determined by me (DragoonKain/Stephanie Shaw) based on who owes money and who has won money.

11. All picks are due by 11:59 EST the night before the first game of the week (or playoffs for the brackets). ALL Week 1 picks are due at 11:59 pm EST the day before the start of the regular season (September 5th, 2013). With the exception of Week 1, all games before Sunday of any given week may be picked separately, so as not to force Wednesday night picks of a Monday Night Football game. For the purposes of this rule, Tuesday is the first day of a football week, and Monday is the last. Monday Night Football games are due at the same time as Sunday picks. Please PM me your picks, and I will post all picks the afternoon of the first game(s) of the week. These PMs may be through IRC or Facebook. If there is a correction I missed, please notify me then. NOTE: I'll only correct a post IF it was a mistake of mine!

12. You cannot change picks once they have been submitted; I know this rule is annoying, but imagine how it'd be for me if everyone submitted 4 or 5 times! The only exception is in fantasy if a player is confirmed out of a game AND you are able to and do edit your pick before the regular deadline!

13. You MUST be 18 on or by the Super Bowl (February 2nd, 2014) in order to be eligible to play.

14. If you join, you have to commit to the responsibility of playing for all 17 weeks and the playoffs. If you miss a week, you will lose your $5 or $10 ($5 for picks, $5 for fantasy) regardless, so PMing me your picks 2 weeks early is better than missing the week due to a vacation. Try not to PM me picks earlier than the same week as the games unless you won't have access to your computer for some reason.

15. Overall season record is by win percentage, so it is unaffected by a missed week. You are ineligible to win the overall season record if you miss more than one week, however.

16. Remember though, your entire season’s money will be put in the pot no matter whether you choose to continue playing mid-season or not, so think carefully about joining at the beginning of the season.

17. If you have any questions about the leagues and/or rules, please don't hesitate to ask! I usually reply within 24 hours!

18. Most of all, HAVE FUN!

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups:

Quote:
Weekly Picks

1. DragoonKain
2. Brockbfball1563
3. eddaket
4. SuperJerry
5. HellAshes
6. cubsrule21aza

Quote:
Fantasy Picks

1. DragoonKain
2. Brockbfball1563
3. eddaket
4. cubsrule21aza

53964.png

Last edited by DragoonKain on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:29 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for both!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in again. Both.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

out.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

out.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for the Pick'em

http://www.youtube.com/user/IISuperJerryII

Boston has won all 4 major sports championships in a span of 7 years. Welcome to TITLETOWN, USA!
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as last year, I'm in for the picks but possibly may switch over to fantasy as well (which I suck at )

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Cubsrule21aza  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for both

Blehgopie wrote:
<Blehgopie> FUCKING STRUM LIMIT!
<Blehgopie> HARMONIX FIX AERIS
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Aaron45653 PSN Name: Aaron45653
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we having an IRC chatroom for this again?

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Are we having an IRC chatroom for this again?

Absolutely! 2 weeks before the season starts (August 22nd) is the current plan .

53964.png
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good! I'll also be ready for this again.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out this year. Don't really pay attention to football anymore. I'll still see almost all of you guys at PAX
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else interested? This was really a lot of fun the last couple years I've done it, and I really just kind of relied on luck. It's really not a lot of money considering how many ways there are to win money every single week. I know there are more people out there!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you clarify how much money it will take to get started? I might actually be able to join.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: