ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3PC huge lag problems need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClickCLK  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: GH3PC huge lag problems need help Reply with quote

Hello dear forum users. I have huge problems with gh3pc. I played it for near 2 years now and it seems that I cant calibrate it well. I tried playing both with vsync on and off, with no luck. Here's what's bugging me:

With vsync on game seems to run normal (except for some smaller problems), but there is input lag, so it becomes hard to tap, and I learning to tap now, so i want to get rid of input lag. But still, there arensome smaller problems:

1) in the beginnig of every song fretboard scrolling slower than normal andnafter am second and a half or so it speeds up to normal speed. This makes it extra hard to keep combo from the start on songs that starts with fast notes combinations.

2) beats in practice mode are very off sync and it seems that audio lag calibration cannot fix this (when beats are somewhat better calibrated audio becomes off sync). This makes alt strumming slower sequences hard for me bacause i cannot hear the rythm clear enough.

When I turning off vsync (i'm using nvidia control panel for that) I get rid of input lag but new problems appears:

1) after calibrating audio game seems to run normal in quickplay, but in practice mode audio becames offsynced on slower speeds. This made me turn on vsync again - i use slower speeds in practice a lot and calibrating again before every try on normal speed is not a good solution. I don't even understand how it becames synced in one mode and offaync in another mode on the same calibartion settings.

2) guitar track sometimes dont starts to play with notes after missing some notes. I need to overstum then it becomes normal.

And both problems that i have with vsync on still remains.

I have a high-end pc that is capable of ru ning guitar hero very well, but I still post my pc specs, maybe my hardware isn't compatible:

- Asus p6t motherboard
- intel core i7 950 4core cpu @ 3.06ghz
- nvidia gtx 690 dual processor graphics card (asus made)
- 12gb ddr3 ram (6x2gb @ 1333ghz)
- windows 7 64bit

Please help me, I don't know what to do, I cannot continue to increase playing skill with this problems present and that makes me sad because gh3 is like the only game I play now.
ClickCLK  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I figured out how to calibrate the game to run very precisely:

1) turn off vsync (use nvidia control panel for nvidia cards or run through 3danalyze).
2) calibrate audio lag to 93ms
3) !IMPORTANT! you must leave video lag at 0!

With this settings calibration beacomes very precise. If you feel that you can't play without effects you can use video recording software such as bandicam to limit fps to 60.

To add some more fps to the game you can set graphic settings to lowest, disable graphics through custom menu from GHTCP, apply FX speed boost in GHTCP, and, just for convinience change all fretboard background images to blank black picture with same resolution (using resource explorer in GHTCP). With this setup i get 1000+ fps ingame and up to 3000 in menus.

Tested this settings on 3 different PCs and everything works ok.

I didn't fixed the problem with off-sync beats on lower speeds in practice mode though, but I don't care about it anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: