Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: rivalry Reply with quote

it's over

Last edited by conlan22 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 27 times in total
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully we can get all of the new school paths done. just in time for absolutely nobody to care about them

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join. I could use the motivation to finally go through WoR H/X, even if I'm going to get absolutely mauled

conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there certain days you guys can usually play on or is it pretty much whenever? Also, how many songs are you guys comfortable with each week? And don't worry ThunderShade you can battle for second places with me lol. And I was thinking that too Newuser. I was actually maybe planning to add all the hard paths to the wiki in case sites other than scorehero start going down.
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug's played a lot, if not all of these songs. We'll be battling for 3rd a lot lol.

I like the wiki idea. It'd be nicer to change the paths on there instead of comments on pathhero, especially when some of the paths get activation lengths wrong or whatever. By the way, does everyone have write access to the wiki? If you don't and can't donate due to not having a credit card or whatever then I can do some GH2 proofs and get you 5 contribution points.

conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone can write on most pages once you sign up and while Newuser has been going through a finding the optimal paths I've started to create them as he says so you don't have to rely on comments like you were saying. And yeah Fug has played the whole game I was saying playing for second within the three of us in this rivalry lol
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adding the paths to the wiki is a great idea. i initially made my thread because nobody used the wiki but having the paths preserved would be nice. im down for whatever format you guys want--number of songs/how long we have to play them. im just looking to go through gh6 to finish the paths and to hopefully be 2nd place overall. nobody on hard is good enough to compete with Fug's scores

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll post songs next wednesday then cuz I like the idea of having the weekend in the middle of the round. I was thinking of starting with 8 songs a round and then we can go from there if that seems like too few.

I looked at the wiki right now and you can only add paths for up to GHM and it looks like voided and others have filled most of those in already. I'd still like to have them all stored in text form somewhere in case things like slowhero and pathhero go away.

Last edited by conlan22 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
nobody on hard is good enough to compete with Fug's scores

On most songs, very true. I've beaten a few in the past, as have you, so we all know some of them are beatable! I'm guessing Fug probably only played them once or twice anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't join, because blahh, can't. But I'll enjoy seeing you guys kick each other's ass ! Severe squeezing ahead !

*grabs popcorn*

note : I hate popcorn. *goes from Granolas instead*
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
But I'll enjoy seeing newuser1234 kick your asses!

Fixed

Shame about the wiki. Probably best to use newuser's thread for picture paths. I'm wondering where would be a good place to put text paths though.

Also, how are we going to do this? Is it the best score done during the week or are we just going to look at our scores on SH at the end of the week?

conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I was trying to think where would be best to store text paths too. And let's just do best score posted on scorhero cuz I know all of us already have optimal on some songs so no use having to play those again.

I'm just gonna go ahead and put the first week of songs up now so you guys can start already if you want.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a horse in this race, not quite good enough to FC a lot of WoR Guitar songs on Hard, much less think about squeezing them, so whatever. However, my proposal for the scoring system is to do what conlan and DrSham have in the past. Pure points based, BUT! do it per song, and you get round points per song.

Say you have 5 people playing. For a three song example we get:
Player A = 100,500 points 4th place and 2 points
Player B = 100,800 points 3rd place and 3 points
Player C = 100,200 points 5th place and 1 point
Player D = 100,900 points 2nd place and 4 points
Player E = 101,100 points 1st place and 5 points

Song B has a bit more points possible, this time we get:
Player A = 165,000 points 2nd place and 4 points
Player B = 164,800 points 5th place and 1 point
Player C = 163,800 points 3rd place and 3 points
Player D = 164,000 points 4th place and 2 points
Player E = 165,400 points 1st place and 5 points

Then you total your round points, for however many songs you have that week, thus we now get:
Player A = 2 +4 points for 6 points for the week
Player B = 3 + 1 points for 4 points for the week
Player C = 1 +3 points for 4 points for the week
Player D = 4 +2 points for 6 points for the week
Player E = 5 + 5 points for 10 points for the week

DrSham also uses the concept of bonus points for the most weekly points. Then, you simply have a running total, and can play what songs you can that week, and even if you have a crappy week, get 1 point per song no matter what. This makes it so everyone feels they are "still in it" even if they aren't cracking the top 10 on a given song for the rankings.

From the various rivalries I have seen, this is the format I would most want to play in. Plus, it helps get more interest, as people can enter later and still feel they stand a chance. After all, the idea is to have fun.

Just my two cents.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you other two want to do a points thing like that? I was just gonna post the scores and stuff but that might make it more fun/interesting to do points. Let me know what you guys think.
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the points thing is a good idea.

Having a quick look at the paths, there's a few things wrong with FotS.
3rd act : it'll last one note less.
4th act : it'll last one note more, so do what MADnelly suggests.
last act : squeeze to the green.

Also, I'm sceptical of any of those triple squeezes in the solo (namely the 6th and 9th acts). Go with MADnelly's tweak on the 8th act. If doubles aren't your thing, pull the last act back up to the green and squeeze to the yellow hold in m332 for ticks.]

EDIT : MADnelly's path looks perfect for IYWPPFW. Beats Davers' path and it's what I got after tweaking the Ruby Dangers path.

Chrisssss' path for What Do I Get needs a few tweaks. In the first act, squeeze another note in. In the second, move forward a beat and squeeze to the RY hold. Squeeze another note in the third act. I was stupid and didn't see one of the SP holds because of that damn yellow highlighting.

Last edited by ThunderShade on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: