ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Buldy's GHWT Customs convertor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buldy  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Buldy's GHWT Customs convertor Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I just finished my new project regarding customs for Guitar Hero World Tour.

So, what does this new tool do? It takes your FeedBack .chart and converts it to the new GHWT format. That would be nothing new, since there already is a way to create a GHWT custom. But this tool lets you to fully utilize all of the new GHWT features, like:

- Open bass note
- Drum part with orange cymbal and accented notes
- Overlapping notes (playing notes while holding another sustained note or chord)
- Forced HOPO on/off

I wrote a tutorial on how to make full GHWT custom song. It is strongly recommended to read that before using my tool, as there are some different meanings for events while charting in FeedBack.

Go to the Tutorial post: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1799640

You can get my tool right here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7151lbc27z4u4b0

Please leave feedback and have fun creating GHWT custom songs!

Last edited by Buldy on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if this works with games newer than GH:WT, specifically on the PS2? I might be interested in playing around with hacking GH5 if it would work (although I'd still have to look into getting the audio converted). I don't know that much about the later GH engines, my expertise is all HMX engine :P

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you describe how orange cymbals and accented notes are defined in GHWT files?
Buldy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Do you know if this works with games newer than GH:WT, specifically on the PS2? I might be interested in playing around with hacking GH5 if it would work (although I'd still have to look into getting the audio converted). I don't know that much about the later GH engines, my expertise is all HMX engine :P

I think this should work with some newer games, like GH Metallica, GH Van Halen, GH Smash Hits and it should work with other consoles too. It won't work with GH 5 or GH WoR, because it is different engine.

raynebc wrote:
Can you describe how orange cymbals and accented notes are defined in GHWT files?

Hello raynebc, I know you from smithy anvil, don't I? ;) The structure of an array.txt is like this:

Position in song in millisecnods
Note number

Note number is calculated from 32 bit long binary number. If I take it from the left, first 16 bits are the length of the note in milliseconds. The next 16 bits are used to determine note color, HOPO status and accents (for drums)/overlapping notes (for guitar and bass). I'll cut off the first 16 length bits and start counting from the second half.

Drums:
1st=Green
2nd=Red
3rd=Yellow
4th=Blue
5th=Orange
6th=Purple (pedal)
7th=HOPO status (not used in drums)
8th=Accent pedal (not used)
9th=Accent Green
10th=Accent Red
11th=Accent Yellow
12th=Accent Blue
13th=Accent Orange
14-16th=Not Used

Guitar/Bass:
1st-6th=Note color (same as above)
7th=HOPO status
8th-12th="Opened" lanes (for overlapping notes)
13th-16th=Not Used

For overlapping notes, "opened" lane means that if you are holding sustained note, let's say green, and there is a 0 on the 10th bit, you can hold down yellow button without breaking the green sustained note. It is a bit complicated to explain the other notes which are played during the sustained note, so I'll not explain it here.

A little example:
Note 0001000000110010 | 0000000000110010
determines short note (not sustained, length is 50) and it is red+orange+pedal with orange cymbal accented.

Then, you will take that 32 bit binary number and convert it to decimal number. That is the Note number in array.txt.

So that's all for the array.txt format.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information!
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buldy wrote:
I think this should work with some newer games, like GH Metallica, GH Van Halen, GH Smash Hits and it should work with other consoles too. It won't work with GH 5 or GH WoR, because it is different engine.

The reason I mentioned GH5 on the PS2 is because it's my understanding it's a lot closer to WT/M/VH/SH on the PS2 than on other consoles. I figure the main problem would be getting the audio converted, as I know the PS2 doesn't use the same format audio as the other consoles.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Buldy  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.3 released:

Adjusted how forced HOPOs were done, since before 1.3, if there was a note after forced HOPO note in range to be naturally HOPO, it was instead forced not to be HOPO.
Buldy  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.4 released.

Fixed HOPO bug, when the first note was a chord.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: