ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S17 - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Expert Guitar - Congrats elScarecrow!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 elScarecrow 338,098 v #9 PowerM3tal 337,007

#5 xXGHXx 337,887 v #4 Bj0rn 338,932

#3 Jleggy12 339,374 v #11 newuser1234 311,613

#7 arvain 337,478 v #2 THABEAST721 337,662

A shoutout to GHX for what was the best submitted pic of the lot

As some might've already noticed, the semi-final song is Scream Aim Fire. You kids have 3 days (minus change) to get those scores in. I'm sure I don't need to say much more than that:

#1 elScarecrow v #4 Bj0rn

#3 Jleggy12 v #2 THABEAST721

Rock on and have fun kiddies! This semi-final will be fun to watch
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Well I got 337,662 as my only FC run of the song. I honestly don't know if I got enough to advance. I had so much trouble FCing this song due to the stupid Solo 2 sliders. I am very consistent at FCing SAF, so I should be able to get a nice score on it.

Well damn ! I fc'd this 3 times in 7 or 8 full runs .___________. 336664, 337170, then 337478 (missing my third squeeze)... extreeeeeeemely inconsistent on the 3rd activation.

Then it was the evening, my brain and fingers froze, so I had to call it a night. No regrets, I got 337k and I'm happy with it ^^

Top 4 in semi-finals. Makes sense I guess Have fun with SAF, I'm glad I don't have to play it ^^ Ewwwwwwwwwwww *runs away*

EDIT : I strummed everything with no pause from the first blue to the BO chord... I tried what you said Bjorn, but I just couldn't ! Even my usual method didn't work. I eventually tried to strum everything, and only missed m151 once during my grinding session ._____. (it wasn't a choke, thank goodness, I had missed before...... m103 )
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, jleggy

what path did you use and what squeezes did you hit? slash if you have a video that would be fantastic.

so yeah my score was my first FC afterabout 25-30 minutes. no offense to powermetal, but i didn't really see him beating that so i called it quits after that. i have the video but if jleggy can help with the remaining points, i would rather try to get a 1st on video. i have a total of 9 real credits this semester, so hopefully i can churn out some impressive videos.

i had a weird feeling this round was going to be Mr Crowley for some reason. SAF should definitely prove to be a interesting matchup though. Cheers to holding ticks and whammying, Bj0rn
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
hey, jleggy

what path did you use and what squeezes did you hit? slash if you have a video that would be fantastic.

Annoyingly I did take a video, but it was so horribly out of sync for some reason that I binned it. I could try and do another, it shouldn't be that tough to get in the region again. As for the path, I just straight up used Kyl3ruth's on Pathhero, exactly as is, with the squeezes shown. My first run was 338,906, but I only missed the 4th squeeze back end, so the run I got was also nearly 300 ticks better, which is why I think that Fug's score used that path as well. Couldn't get Thundershade's any better, I FC'd with it, missed the impossible squeezes and got 338.3 or something. Hope that helps I'll try to do a video when I get tired of running SAF and Decontrol as well, see who beats Fug first :P
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:

A shoutout to GHX for what was the best submitted pic of the lot :tooth:

Rock on and have fun kiddies! This semi-final will be fun to watch

its impossible to get a good proof pic for wt because of that stupid light right on the score. this semi-final will indeed be pretty good to watch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
hey, jleggy

Annoyingly I did take a video, but it was so horribly out of sync for some reason that I binned it. I could try and do another, it shouldn't be that tough to get in the region again. As for the path, I just straight up used Kyl3ruth's on Pathhero, exactly as is, with the squeezes shown. My first run was 338,906, but I only missed the 4th squeeze back end, so the run I got was also nearly 300 ticks better, which is why I think that Fug's score used that path as well. Couldn't get Thundershade's any better, I FC'd with it, missed the impossible squeezes and got 338.3 or something. Hope that helps I'll try to do a video when I get tired of running SAF and Decontrol as well, see who beats Fug first :P

a video would be awesome. if i do go for this some more soon, i'm videoing every single run and doing some hardcore calculating to figure out ticks. the best i've ever got after the first act was x32, but that's about as far as I've ever kept track of ticks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Jleggy12 wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
hey, jleggy

a video would be awesome. if i do go for this some more soon, i'm videoing every single run and doing some hardcore calculating to figure out ticks. the best i've ever got after the first act was x32, but that's about as far as I've ever kept track of ticks

Yeah, same here. I guess the entire outro before solo 2 should add up to a multiple of 100, so you could track your ticks there by looking at your score during solo 2, if you didn't have to look at the notes to hit them :P

On Topic: What do you guys think the best last act for SAF is? Trying to save myself some time :P

EDIT: Hmmm... ticks be crazy. And numerous in their loss, it seems :P
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot how much grinding SAF hurts your hands @.@

@jleggy
both activations give the exact same number of points. choice is up to you haha
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm pretty much screwed. Somehow I got so good at LRM that I managed to FC it 10-ish times. But that's not happening on SAF. I suppose it could be the 4-day round vs. 3-day round difference. I'm too inconsistent at the verses and also I often miss when doing the 3rd activation frontend. And the solo, of course. What's worse is that I don't even know exactly how elScarecrow's (current) score is possible. It looks like he got and extra 200, but that could be all in ticks (perhaps I drop about 150 at the same time as he is reverse tick squeezing the 1st and 4th activations?). The 2nd activation doesn't look completely impossible, but I've tried so many times now without success (it's also really hard to get a good frontend and backend at that tempo). I've almost felt closer to hitting an extra 400 on the second activation. Then there's the whole guitar situation. I keep switching between guitars. I've used 4 of my 5 guitars and they all have their problems. That doesn't help.

I'll keep playing, I still want to get a score where I feel like I've done as well as I know I can. But in this case, I don't think "as well as I know I can" is enough, because there is something I don't know that ESC knows (even if that simply is that I don't know how many ticks I'm dropping in, say, the solo). Now that I'm typing this, I have to say that I've really paid no attention to ticks in the solo. I'll give that a look. Seems to be my one glimmer of hope.

I may as well ask, if anyone wants to answer (you could always PM ). Is Undead's path correct? Any extra squeezes? I do prefer moving the 4th activation to the first orange, but that only makes a small difference in ticks.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
Well, I'm pretty much screwed. Somehow I got so good at LRM that I managed to FC it 10-ish times. But that's not happening on SAF. I suppose it could be the 4-day round vs. 3-day round difference. I'm too inconsistent at the verses and also I often miss when doing the 3rd activation frontend. And the solo, of course. What's worse is that I don't even know exactly how elScarecrow's (current) score is possible. It looks like he got and extra 200, but that could be all in ticks (perhaps I drop about 150 at the same time as he is reverse tick squeezing the 1st and 4th activations?). The 2nd activation doesn't look completely impossible, but I've tried so many times now without success (it's also really hard to get a good frontend and backend at that tempo). I've almost felt closer to hitting an extra 400 on the second activation. Then there's the whole guitar situation. I keep switching between guitars. I've used 4 of my 5 guitars and they all have their problems. That doesn't help.

I'll keep playing, I still want to get a score where I feel like I've done as well as I know I can. But in this case, I don't think "as well as I know I can" is enough, because there is something I don't know that ESC knows (even if that simply is that I don't know how many ticks I'm dropping in, say, the solo). Now that I'm typing this, I have to say that I've really paid no attention to ticks in the solo. I'll give that a look. Seems to be my one glimmer of hope.

I may as well ask, if anyone wants to answer (you could always PM ). Is Undead's path correct? Any extra squeezes? I do prefer moving the 4th activation to the first orange, but that only makes a small difference in ticks.

undead's path is right. i also move the 4th activation back a note, never actually bothered to go for ticks there.

also idk if this is against the forum rules (i guess bleep it if it is), but if you don't know how i got my current high score, you have a loooong uphill battle for the rest of the night
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:

undead's path is right. i also move the 4th activation back a note, never actually bothered to go for ticks there.

also idk if this is against the forum rules (i guess bleep it if it is), but if you don't know how i got my current high score, you have a loooong uphill battle for the rest of the night

It's becoming clearer. Let's just leave it at that. I've been wasting a whole day on the wrong thing... Why can't this round have 4 days like that last one?

It's 0:24 here now. So yay for "loooong uphill battle for the rest of the night".

EDIT: I give up. I'm too tired. My hands are sore. I submitted a score, but it's not representative of the kind of runs I've been racking up in the last hour and a half. Well, maybe it is because it is older than that. That score says a lot about how few FCs I got. Anyway, really great job on the score that tops the leaderboard now, and that run where you had an outro choke. I'm expecting you to get something like that again, and I wouldn't quite be able to reach those regions tonight even if I pulled everything together. I didn't have time to work on the second half of the song, I believe that's where the rest of the points would have to be. There's probably more for me to say here, but I'll save it till tomorrow
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 elScarecrow 481,386 v #4 Bj0rn 480,942

#3 Jleggy12 481,366 v #2 THABEAST721 480,954

I like how close the two winners and the two losers were to each other. Nice job all round guys.

elScarecrow, Jleggy12, your final song for this league is Mr. Crowley. You kids know the drill by now. 4 days. May the best squeezer win
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:

I like how close the two winners and the two losers were to each other. Nice job all round guys.

elScarecrow, Jleggy12, your final song for this league is Mr. Crowley. You kids know the drill by now. 4 days. May the best squeezer win

I think it will be tough alone to FC the song :/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannernieland11 wrote:
psxfreak101 wrote:

I think it will be tough alone to FC the song :/

i think esc and jleggy shouldnt have too much trouble FCing it. it'll be a good finals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if there's a tie?

No, but seriously, it could happen. Good luck to both of you!
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: