ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dazzle Lag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zemoo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Dazzle Lag Reply with quote

I'm trying to stream GH through my Dazzle DVC 100 using Amarec and I'm noticing some lag. I've calibrated the lag to make it playable but there seem to be lag spikes as well (and not only on songs that usually have lag spikes like KoC ps2). I was wondering if anyone who streams gh knows what may be causing the lag. Both Dazzle and Amarec claim to be lag-free so it could even my Computer monitor. An option I considered is getting an RCA Splitter(if such a thing exists) so I can play on my SD TV while still streaming but that may have lag as well and I would like to not spend money if at all possible. Does anyone have this setup and recommend it?
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally you'll want to split the signal to both the TV and the Dazzle. For a game like GH specifically, you literally can't have any lag if you want to play without dumb misses. This is an inherent problem with USB captures in general. (Or at least I've never once played on one that had such little amount of lag that lets me play on the capture screen)

All you'll need is three RCA splitter cables. They're very cheap. One for each color cable you're plugging in. Plug the male ends into the Dazzle, then the female ends you plug in the console's cables, and the other ends you plug in a regular set of composite cables from there to the TV. Those should be cheap too. It's basically the same setup most console streamers use in general for composite/component. It does require extra cables, but it's a cheap solution at least.

eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucketBlue wrote:
Ideally you'll want to split the signal to both the TV and the Dazzle. For a game like GH specifically, you literally can't have any lag if you want to play without dumb misses. This is an inherent problem with USB captures in general. (Or at least I've never once played on one that had such little amount of lag that lets me play on the capture screen)

All you'll need is three RCA splitter cables. They're very cheap. One for each color cable you're plugging in. Plug the male ends into the Dazzle, then the female ends you plug in the console's cables, and the other ends you plug in a regular set of composite cables from there to the TV. Those should be cheap too. It's basically the same setup most console streamers use in general for composite/component. It does require extra cables, but it's a cheap solution at least.

Basically this hits the nail on the head on both points. The USB device is going to have lag (I think I tried to calibrate it once and it was well over 200ms), so your best bet is to have a splitter. Or, if you are lucky like me and have a TV that has RCA In AND RCA Out, you can just get another set of wires that go from the TV to the Dazzle and be done with it. Of course, not many TVs have that feature (actually I think mine is the only one I have heard of that does).
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
BucketBlue wrote:

Basically this hits the nail on the head on both points. The USB device is going to have lag (I think I tried to calibrate it once and it was well over 200ms), so your best bet is to have a splitter. Or, if you are lucky like me and have a TV that has RCA In AND RCA Out, you can just get another set of wires that go from the TV to the Dazzle and be done with it. Of course, not many TVs have that feature (actually I think mine is the only one I have heard of that does).

Its a common feature, but only for the audio. Only higher end CRT TV's have throughput for both audio and video.

If you have a VCR laying around, VCR's do Composite in/out as well.
zemoo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I was able to find a VCR and it works through that.
Only in GH games would filtering the signal through a 20+ year old machine improve the way the game looks and plays. The setup is pretty jank, but it does what I want it to, so no complaints.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zemoo wrote:
Thanks guys, I was able to find a VCR and it works through that.
Only in GH games would filtering the signal through a 20+ year old machine improve the way the game looks and plays. The setup is pretty jank, but it does what I want it to, so no complaints.

VCR's have a lot of great uses nowadays, especially since the wave of LCD TV's and the lack of analog input.

You can easily play an Atari 2600, A Colecovision, Intellivision, basically anything pre-NES with composite audio/video, through a VCR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: