ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Speedrunning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pancafitrapurnam  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
I was also thinking something along the lines of 200/211 would be an interesting speedrun, if only because it takes song choice into effect here. Do you go for the shorter but harder song (such as BiM) or for the longer but slightly easier song (such as H18)? Maybe a more reasonable speedrun would be 40 FCs in GH1, or something like that. Something where you'd have to play at least a few legitimately challenging songs to reach the goal, anyway. Just an idea anyway.

I was thinking of something similar, albeit a bit less of a drag. Either just go for the hardest songs of a game (the big 7 of gh1, the big three of GH3 [dear God ], etc.), or even just doing something like 'FC 9 out of 10 of a particular set of songs'.
I guess the only flaw with a method like this would be being able to 'start' on the run that you first FC a hard song. I guess any sort of true competition would have to be done in a simultaneous race format with multiple people. I'd be totally down to do this with people, except obvious skill differences would be the main factor here. For the top ranks, however, it could be more fun.

While it'd be ideal to do a FGFC of sorts, it just seems way to daunting of a task to replicate, not to mention with a time limit. It's also very restricting in terms of potential games (NTSC GH2, and the games that simply have too many songs). I mean could you imagine playing through 80 GH5 songs, only to miss in the outro of DYFLWD 4 times, completely destroying your overall time xD.
That's why I think maybe just doing like the hardest 20% of the game, or something would be a lot more enjoyable

EDIT: Oh and I appreciate the shout out to my FC/score rivalries, Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: