SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scarecrow + Jleggy's GHWT rivalry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Ok scarecrow, for Never Too Late, I followed [url]undead's path[/url] and only moved the second act up one note. I was about 550 away from your score, I can only assume I missed the back end on the second act and the rest is ticks? If so this is gonna be a lot of squeezing for ticks...

Oh and I'm not sure I can get optimal on Soul Doubt. My current high is missing the second squeeze, and I don't know if I can ever hit that. I was lucky enough to get the last squeeze on an FC run :p

Also welcome Bjorn, this is lookin to be some tough squeezing competition in here...

Undead's path is right, minus his 2nd activation ending a measure early. i spent about an hour trying to find a better path today, but that's definitely the right one.

Also I tried to find more points on Beautiful Disaster but didn't come up with any. I'm gonna skip out on playing that again because I don't know of any new points and I already have a video of it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should be playing Beautiful Disaster because it's the best song in the game pls

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is not one of the songs for the week but this optimal has been bugging me for a while:

The first squeeze isn't too bad, for a while I was hitting it every time. The second squeeze was brutal, couldn't seem to hit it from Lo7's or Fug's path. Funny thing is I hit both squeezes last night, but dropped ticks. I wanted to die, haha. Anyway I've been meaning to get this for years now, glad to get it out of the way now.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had no luck beating my high score on Never Too Late. I haven't even gotten with 20

that being said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DBH_FD8lE&feature=youtu.be

hoooly shit. that 1st activation is one of my finer squeezes ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
I've had no luck beating my high score on Never Too Late. I haven't even gotten with 20

that being said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DBH_FD8lE&feature=youtu.be

hoooly shit. that 1st activation is one of my finer squeezes ever.

Having just played that song earlier today, I must say that is absolutely insane. I can't even match one of those squeezes, much less all three in one run. I don't think I'm very good at reverse tick squeezing Also, if a double is theoretically possible on the first act, would it not be possible on the second, and maybe even third acts?

Anyway, I got this:

Which is just insane. I honestly have no idea how I didn't drop ticks, so I am extremely pleased with this optimal, despite there being no squeezes to hit :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

Anyway, I got this:

Which is just insane. I honestly have no idea how I didn't drop ticks, so I am extremely pleased with this optimal, despite there being no squeezes to hit :p

Nice. My Beautiful Disaster vid is up, sadly the commentary has gone AWOL, and I synced the video before trying to do the commentary, which you can't do for some reason, so it was terrible anyway. I'll go for a video of Soul Doubt now, but there's loads of power cuts atm, so this could get very annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOC5ZbF5y_M

EDIT: Finally got Soul Doubt, although my grinding was halted by 90mph winds blasting all the soot from the last 10 years from the chimney into the living room, and subsequently having to stay up til 4am moving everything out of the room and cleaning. But hey :P No vid, I was fed up of missing, so I stopped recording out of superstition and got it 2nd try :P

11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reeeeeeally pissed off at Soul Doubt right now. So I finally managed to hit the second squeeze... a couple times even. I think I got up to the last squeeze and missed the backend three times, I hit all the squeezes but missed in the solo trying to hold ticks, and to top it all off, I hit all the squeezes and had perfect ticks up until the last note... and missed. So yeah, I'm pretty upset right now. If I do end up getting this it'll be probably one of my best optimals... one insanely difficult squeeze and two moderately tough squeezes, plus having to hold ticks on this stupid engine... yeah.

Great job though Jleggy, how are you doing on Never Too Late?

Also scarecrow, I was working on Do It Again earlier, which was super frustrating in its own right, and was wondering what was up with the second act. I assume it's the same as on the path, but ending a note sooner? I've tried to get that green so many times but I think I only managed to do it once, while missing somewhere else. I guess it might just be my whammy, or maybe my front end sucks, idk. Anyway another 16, maaaaybe even 20 points is left on that song. Another 200 on the first act might also be doable, what are your thoughts on that? I'll probably end up picking this song next week just because I already came so close to first, and I'd like to see a video of that second squeeze :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I am reeeeeeally pissed off at Soul Doubt right now. So I finally managed to hit the second squeeze... a couple times even. I think I got up to the last squeeze and missed the backend three times, I hit all the squeezes but missed in the solo trying to hold ticks, and to top it all off, I hit all the squeezes and had perfect ticks up until the last note... and missed. So yeah, I'm pretty upset right now. If I do end up getting this it'll be probably one of my best optimals... one insanely difficult squeeze and two moderately tough squeezes, plus having to hold ticks on this stupid engine... yeah.

Great job though Jleggy, how are you doing on Never Too Late?

Yep, that sounds about right but in reverse, the number of times I missed the 3rd act back end was terrible. I didn't have the misfortune of dropping ticks though... ouch :(

Never Too Late is really quite annoying, no matter how good the front end on the 2nd act is (and I am doing it as a strum by hitting the O really early, so easier to squeeze) I always seem to be really close to the back end, but have never hit it. I did a -200 run like you did and got 16 more points, but don't think I'm gonna hit that squeeze for the moment. I also got 288,450 on Dammit, and I know where the extra 400 is, but it gives you even less whammy, although I think the extra 200 on the 2nd act is very doable. Also:

YAY 400K
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are gonna hate me for posting my progress on this week's songs, but here goes anyway:

Soul Doubt: got this within about 20 mins of reading that it was Jleggy's song, didn't miss any of the squeezes in that time and only missed the 8 on the first act 2 or 3 times.

Beautiful Disaster: did 3 runs trying to get more points on the tick glitch, didn't, stopped playing

Never Too Late: spent ~1.5 hours trying to find a better path, no luck. There are a ton of paths that end up with 346k+ points. Spent probably another hour doing runs with the 2 best paths, still didn't manage to get better than 20 points off of my high score. Done with this song.

Not sure what I'm gonna pick for next week's song yet. I'll decide by tomorrow and post it

EDIT: Go Your Own Way
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start the bidding at 333,491:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFkNHT_kZyE&feature=youtu.be

Going once?
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:

Going once?

Quick question, would it not be better to glitch the extended sustain on the last act, assuming you can pull it off while getting it under sp? or would you drop more ticks than you would gain by hitting it early?
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:

Going once?

Quick question, would it not be better to glitch the extended sustain on the last act, assuming you can pull it off while getting it under sp? or would you drop more ticks than you would gain by hitting it early?

tick glitch is better. i didn't want to risk fucking up the glitch trying to squeeze after getting past the 3rd activation though.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this sucks. My scores this week are... none. I only got to play a few days after 10 PM. I had hoped to get more time today, but something else came up and now I'm more tired than usual, so I'm not feeling like grinding these songs anymore. I actually spent almost all the time on Beautiful Disaster, maybe as much as 4 hours. I would've probably been interested in the other songs if I had not found extra points on BD. I was really close to beating you guys' "optimal" on it a couple of times, but the song really does have some pretty difficult squeezes and two awkward front ends. I still want to get a new 1st on it, so I'm not going to tell you where the extra points are (yet), but it wouldn't be hard to guess and I can tell you that I've got them 8 times (I have video proof, including an interesting glitch as well).

I guess this indicates that 3 songs was a bit much for me. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, when new songs appear while I haven't even finished this week's. I certainly am not done with BD yet (let alone the other 2 lol). But don't hold up for me.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
Well this sucks. My scores this week are... none. I only got to play a few days after 10 PM. I had hoped to get more time today, but something else came up and now I'm more tired than usual, so I'm not feeling like grinding these songs anymore. I actually spent almost all the time on Beautiful Disaster, maybe as much as 4 hours. I would've probably been interested in the other songs if I had not found extra points on BD. I was really close to beating you guys' "optimal" on it a couple of times, but the song really does have some pretty difficult squeezes and two awkward front ends. I still want to get a new 1st on it, so I'm not going to tell you where the extra points are (yet), but it wouldn't be hard to guess and I can tell you that I've got them 8 times (I have video proof, including an interesting glitch as well).

I guess this indicates that 3 songs was a bit much for me. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, when new songs appear while I haven't even finished this week's. I certainly am not done with BD yet (let alone the other 2 lol). But don't hold up for me.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm also aware of some extra points on BD, looks like I'm gonna have to go for them now :P Go Your Own Way looks pretty fun, I think I'm gonna go for... Kick Out The Jams, fun song and remember having loads of trouble with the path. I was gonna say L'VL'V, but that looks pretty straightforward, so I'll get all the squeezes in that and then move on.
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:

Sorry to hear that, but I'm also aware of some extra points on BD, looks like I'm gonna have to go for them now :P Go Your Own Way looks pretty fun, I think I'm gonna go for... Kick Out The Jams, fun song and remember having loads of trouble with the path. I was gonna say L'VL'V, but that looks pretty straightforward, so I'll get all the squeezes in that and then move on.

aaaand it looks like we're in a new race to squeeze BD's tick glitch. I actually tried to do that in my high score video run from 2010, but didn't get the glitch under. that would give 337,642 as a real optimal, if it's possible. otherwise, i know that it's possible to get 8-16 more by activating a quarter of a beat earlier on the 3rd activation and getting the glitch and ticks under and sacrificing a note. i'm curious if either of you have found anymore points, Bj0rn made it sound like something really strange happened on one of his runs.

Also Lvia Lviaquez is a HUGE pain in the ass to tick. None of the squeezes are especially hard but not dropping ticks and getting the solo activation right take a lot of time and effort. I like Kick out the Jams much better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: