Scarecrow + Jleggy's GHWT rivalry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Jleggy12 wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
Well this sucks. My scores this week are... none. I only got to play a few days after 10 PM. I had hoped to get more time today, but something else came up and now I'm more tired than usual, so I'm not feeling like grinding these songs anymore. I actually spent almost all the time on Beautiful Disaster, maybe as much as 4 hours. I would've probably been interested in the other songs if I had not found extra points on BD. I was really close to beating you guys' "optimal" on it a couple of times, but the song really does have some pretty difficult squeezes and two awkward front ends. I still want to get a new 1st on it, so I'm not going to tell you where the extra points are (yet), but it wouldn't be hard to guess and I can tell you that I've got them 8 times (I have video proof, including an interesting glitch as well).

I guess this indicates that 3 songs was a bit much for me. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, when new songs appear while I haven't even finished this week's. I certainly am not done with BD yet (let alone the other 2 lol). But don't hold up for me.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm also aware of some extra points on BD, looks like I'm gonna have to go for them now :P Go Your Own Way looks pretty fun, I think I'm gonna go for... Kick Out The Jams, fun song and remember having loads of trouble with the path. I was gonna say L'VL'V, but that looks pretty straightforward, so I'll get all the squeezes in that and then move on.

aaaand it looks like we're in a new race to squeeze BD's tick glitch. I actually tried to do that in my high score video run from 2010, but didn't get the glitch under. that would give 337,642 as a real optimal, if it's possible. otherwise, i know that it's possible to get 8-16 more by activating a quarter of a beat earlier on the 3rd activation and getting the glitch and ticks under and sacrificing a note. i'm curious if either of you have found anymore points, Bj0rn made it sound like something really strange happened on one of his runs.

Also Lvia Lviaquez is a HUGE pain in the ass to tick. None of the squeezes are especially hard but not dropping ticks and getting the solo activation right take a lot of time and effort. I like Kick out the Jams much better

So now I have a run on video proving that 337498 is possible. I HAVE to stop sucking at the 2nd and 4th squeezes. When will I learn to not get orange front ends!?

I haven't really tried... umm... "reverse extended sustain glitch squeezing" (?) the 3rd act. yet, lol . If that's possible, I should stop doing what I'm doing now, because it wouldn't be worth much. But wow does that sound complicated.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is fantastic.

elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:

So now I have a run on video proving that 337498 is possible. I HAVE to stop sucking at the 2nd and 4th squeezes. When will I learn to not get orange front ends!?

I haven't really tried... umm... "reverse extended sustain glitch squeezing" (?) the 3rd act. yet, lol . If that's possible, I should stop doing what I'm doing now, because it wouldn't be worth much. But wow does that sound complicated.

reverse ticks on the 1st act, more on the glitch, or both?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:

reverse ticks on the 1st act, more on the glitch, or both?

OK, here we go. Reverse on 1st, 12 points. I've done it 10 times now, so it's very annoying that I don't have 1st place already. Another 12 by activating on the orange in the 3rd activation. I tried that after I read your post. That extra 12 is considerably easier than the first, but I want both. I've been trying reverse tick squeezing the 3rd act. instead for a while now and I believe that I accidentally got 8 more on the glitch just now. I don't think I got any reverse ticks because then I should have gotten a lot more extra points. Didn't get the red hammer-on though. But that's completely pointless anyway, because I already got more by activating on the orange.

The glitch I was talking about has happened a bunch of times now. On the 1st act. you should have 66 with reverse ticks and 54 without. I have a couple of times managed to activate and strum at the same time (you know, the GH3 squeezer in me loves to do this) and gotten orange flames on the BO chord while still getting 66 (just 400 less). This either means that the sustain lasts past the point where I hit the chord or that the delay in Star Power from the moment you hit select only applies to notes and not ticks. Either way, this was news to me.

Mathematically, since the 1st act. reverse tick squeeze is possible (although one of the hardest I've done), the 3rd act. should be possible too. And I don't see why you wouldn't get the near-200 extra points then. So we should keep trying that.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:

OK, here we go. Reverse on 1st, 12 points. I've done it 10 times now, so it's very annoying that I don't have 1st place already. Another 12 by activating on the orange in the 3rd activation. I tried that after I read your post. That extra 12 is considerably easier than the first, but I want both. I've been trying reverse tick squeezing the 3rd act. instead for a while now and I believe that I accidentally got 8 more on the glitch just now. I don't think I got any reverse ticks because then I should have gotten a lot more extra points. Didn't get the red hammer-on though. But that's completely pointless anyway, because I already got more by activating on the orange.

The glitch I was talking about has happened a bunch of times now. On the 1st act. you should have 66 with reverse ticks and 54 without. I have a couple of times managed to activate and strum at the same time (you know, the GH3 squeezer in me loves to do this) and gotten orange flames on the BO chord while still getting 66 (just 400 less). This either means that the sustain lasts past the point where I hit the chord or that the delay in Star Power from the moment you hit select only applies to notes and not ticks. Either way, this was news to me.

Mathematically, since the 1st act. reverse tick squeeze is possible (although one of the hardest I've done), the 3rd act. should be possible too. And I don't see why you wouldn't get the near-200 extra points then. So we should keep trying that.

Hmmm ok so if 12 points is possible in reverse ticks on the first activation, 12 would be possible on the 3rd since you get the same whammy at the same bpm and the activations are identical. If we include 8 more glitched points, which I definitely think is possible, that makes the new theoretical optimal 337,674.

All of the glitched points from the sustain glitch are included in lump form on the last tick of the top sustain. Getting that last tick under SP means you get the entire sum of glitched points under SP. If you got it under and didn't get the points, you probably messed up the glitch. Actually doing it in practice is no different that performing the glitch and then just getting the last tick (or more) under SP.

I'm probably gonna do this one step at a time, getting +12 from the 3rd act, then +24, then go actually attempt optimal. I've found that missing from going all-out for a squeeze is much less frustrating if you don't sacrifice a potential high score in the process.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile...

I've never got more on the glitch, but another tick might be possible. Either way, this is gonna be tough to beat outright, time to find out if that 1st squeeze is a thing or not

Also got 20 points off 1st on Kick Out The Jams, that one is gonna be difficult to get more on, and GYOW is really hard, so we'll see about that one :P
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
Meanwhile...

I've never got more on the glitch, but another tick might be possible. Either way, this is gonna be tough to beat outright, time to find out if that 1st squeeze is a thing or not

Also got 20 points off 1st on Kick Out The Jams, that one is gonna be difficult to get more on, and GYOW is really hard, so we'll see about that one :P

damn, nice. i'll try the first activation and let you know how it goes. will prob go for the tie first, on the same logic as beautiful disaster (which I've gotten +4 on twice, only to miss the last squeeze >_>)

in other news, i might not be going for any of these songs for a few more days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1DIEfY8Tc&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: havent played anymore this week, going to see flogging molly now, will update in the next day or two
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oook it looks like this has kind of burned out.

jleggy got a new 1st on Do It Again, alex got a new high score on Do It Again, and I got a new 1st on Go Your Own Way. none of us played the rest of the songs hahaha.

I've kinda lost the urge to push the envelope on WT, and I got a -1 on Eruption when i tried to go for that, which was frustrating. I definitely want to get at least a tie on Do It Again before taking a break again, but other than that I probably won't be playing anymore until the end of march at the earliest, too much other fun to have before and during spring break.
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:

jleggy got a new 1st on Do It Again, alex got a new high score on Do It Again, and I got a new 1st on Go Your Own Way. none of us played the rest of the songs hahaha.

I've kinda lost the urge to push the envelope on WT, and I got a -1 on Eruption when i tried to go for that, which was frustrating. I definitely want to get at least a tie on Do It Again before taking a break again, but other than that I probably won't be playing anymore until the end of march at the earliest, too much other fun to have before and during spring break.

Maybe go back down to one song a week? I've been away, so had no contact unfortunately. Do you want to choose the song?
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:

Maybe go back down to one song a week? I've been away, so had no contact unfortunately. Do you want to choose the song?

I'm good just randomly playing songs whenever haha. I don't know that I'm gonna play any this week, but it's entirely possible that I'll get a random urge to play one day and sink 2 or 3 hours into some random song. Not gonna commit to either at this point
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like we're just gonna play what we feel like playing and post any progress we get in here? I'm fine with that, I'm definitely starting to run out of reduxes to go for. Maybe we can come to this thread for advice on certain paths or squeezes if we're having trouble nailing them.

We could always just suggest songs that we're gonna go for and whether or not that inspires anyone else would be up to them. Like I'll probably go for a Ramblin' Man redux next, and possibly Overkill.

Also, what are your guys' methods for solo F in satch? sliding is too inefficient for me and so far tapping hasn't really been doing me any good...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
So it sounds like we're just gonna play what we feel like playing and post any progress we get in here? I'm fine with that, I'm definitely starting to run out of reduxes to go for. Maybe we can come to this thread for advice on certain paths or squeezes if we're having trouble nailing them.

We could always just suggest songs that we're gonna go for and whether or not that inspires anyone else would be up to them. Like I'll probably go for a Ramblin' Man redux next, and possibly Overkill.

Also, what are your guys' methods for solo F in satch? sliding is too inefficient for me and so far tapping hasn't really been doing me any good...

Sounds good, I've just noticed that I'm missing loads of points on Hard for this game as well, so I'll try and get up to 2nd place behind Fug there as well. Satch Solo F requires repetition to get consistent, I use the most simple method of tap the top note, and never slide. One huge bit of advice is for the tricky ends of the phrases (ie. where it goes and starts again) pulloff the BYRG as fast as possible and hit the next B way in advance of the Y to make sure you don't hit the Y first and miss. After that, it's stamina and patience. Your hand will cramp no matter what, the trick is to keep hitting notes through the pain
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

this actually doesn't wear out your hand at all, but the GRYO and GRBO quads are easy to miss in from ghost noting (for me). not ghost noting is really uncomfortable (for me), but if you can do it, this should be solid gold. slide anchor up to R for RYBO quads.

also i like the idea of using this thread as a general "im going to go for a new score on X GHWT song"
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleggy12 wrote:
Sounds good, I've just noticed that I'm missing loads of points on Hard for this game as well, so I'll try and get up to 2nd place behind Fug there as well.

terrible idea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYS I JUST FC'D PAST SATCH SOLO D IN A REAL RUN!!!!

I just beat my score on satch by 30k points. I am seriously in shock right now. 823 note streak, FC'd well into solo F. -7 overall. I can't believe that just happened. Satch FC is actually looking possible o.O

Anyway this puts me at 5th, 11k behind Kram. Not sure if I can make up that many points on the other songs, but who knows? I'm pretty jazzed right now :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: