ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Twitch Plays Pokemon!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also wouldn't have cared if it took weeks or even months, there's no sense of accomplishment if we can just vote for a cheatmode everytime something gets a little bit difficult.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kappa
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jokupelle wrote:
Also wouldn't have cared if it took weeks or even months, there's no sense of accomplishment if we can just vote for a cheatmode everytime something gets a little bit difficult.

spending upwards of 10 hours in the same 50 tiles is definitely "a little bit difficult".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say if it took 2 days to get through a couple rooms that can't even cause an unwinnable state if failed enough (unlike, say, the Safari Zone), some sort of input moderation is required, especially given that viewership, and therefore potential inputs, are increasing to unworkable numbers if they continued using the original mechanic.

If you think the game would be beatable with (potentially) 100k+ people all having equal, random chance to supply inputs, you're literally insane.

Just look at Rocket HQ and tell me that Silph Co, The Safari Zone (which notably has a step count limit and can actually create an unwinnable gamestate), Route 22 and Victory Road are possible when one troll could completely stall progress. (Potentially indefinitely, no less!)

A "cheatmode" is the only way this will ever be completed, however unlikely that is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise the almighty Helix!

start9
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I played pokemon blue was probably over 10 years ago, so I can't at all remember how the game went. But from what I've heard, parts that could lock up the game (like Safari Zone step counter) have been dealt with. And not every single command goes through, which filters "legit" players and the trolls, giving a little bit of a fair RNG element. It might take *months* to clear some of the more difficult parts, but it's what's gonna make them meaningful.

This thing might lose it's 100k viewers due to lack of progress, but it'll in turn make progression easier. And once the thing progresses, it should bring a lot of people back again.

I don't care if it takes us years to complete the game, it's gonna be a million times more satisfying and a million times funnier than the boring, 100k people slow "let's play" we're having right now with democracy.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is this democracy/anarchy thing? Can someone explain that?

It was a lot more fun when it wasn't like that.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
What the hell is this democracy/anarchy thing? Can someone explain that?

It was a lot more fun when it wasn't like that.

Sure. Basically there's now two modes that the stream can be in, and it switches from one to the other based on the popular vote (requires 75% to switch). Anarchy is the mode that the stream was in from the start. Everyone says commands and the bot puts them in as soon as it gets the commands. Democracy has a buffer of like 10 seconds where people vote. Whatever button (or combo e.g. righta, or quantity like right9) has the highest number of votes determines what buttons get pressed and then the voting begins again for the next time period. It's less hectic, but some parts could be taking forever without it. Like when they beat Giovanni under Anarchy and then dug out by accident, they switched to democracy to get the Silph Scope.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.twitch.tv/xkeeper_
They're playing Tetris at the same time without knowing it!

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP all of twitch chat. BibleThump

Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly worried some trolls are going to release all the decent pokemon from the pc. A few have already been released that way, and it would be really unfortunate if it happened to that Zapdos. There've already been some threads on 4chan trying to organize a sabotage that way. To me that feels like taking trolling a bit far, since at 11 days in I'm sure some people have wasted a ton of time trying to make progress (even though that is a pretty bad waste of time imo).

Personally I just check for the highlights on YouTube.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to link this everywhere I can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4vOoyyMI4s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
I need to link this everywhere I can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4vOoyyMI4s

H A I L H E L I X

DPooch  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Twitch actually making it out of the Rocket HQ, I'd say it's totally possible to beat it. Eventually. Though puzzle sections definitely become extremely complicated.

The thing is, streams have like a 20 second delay by default, so by turning on democracy it seems like everyone is putting in the right button, but too late. With the delay I almost can't even see how releasing pokes would be possible. Sucks to hear that's happened though. Guess we just need to have faith in the Helix.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: