ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Titanfall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Titanfall? Reply with quote

I told myself I wasn't going to buy it because I wanted to be done with the Call of Duty style multiplayer-heavy games, but then I was at the store today and ended up getting it anyways. I played the Beta and found it fun, but I don't see it as living up to the hype. Yes it is fun to play as a titan but I could see that novelty wearing off quickly. The graphics aren't anything amazing and the load times are awfully long. Basically the hype around this game is 50% because it's something new and good and 50% because there isn't much else to play on Xbox One so far. I think that Microsoft was pressuring them to get this game out as soon as possible, which limited their ability to innovate. Playing with wall running and jet packs brings a new and awesome change to an FPS but it feels too much like they were rushed and made Call of Duty with wall running and titans. Anyways, anyone else buying it? And if so what do you guys think?
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-ordered it on Amazon, and of course they haven't even shipped it yet. I'm just excited to have a new game to play on my Xbox One :P. I found the beta to be really fun, and I have to admit I still enjoy the CODs.. so, this game is a no brainer for mindless fun for me.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I enjoy them too that's why I was trying to stay away cuz I know a hundred hours or so could easily disappear into this game. Also, I've been playing a lot of every Call of Duty since COD4 and I started realizing how many other games I was missing out on. That being said I'm also just excited to have a new game to play lol. I actually got with a group of people that were using headsets to talk this afternoon and I had a really good time so I think I'll be enjoying this game quite a bit. As for still enjoying COD I was ok with the campaign in ghosts and the structure of multiplayer but I didn't really enjoy any of the levels all that much. Also, I played it on 360 before I had my X1 and it wasn't a very good looking game compared to the visual improvements that they usually make from year to year. I'm excited to see what COD comes up with when it's developed with X1 as the focus especially now that they have a 3 studio rotation for development.
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that most of the maps in Ghosts were completely lame. How is titanfall so far? Do you like the maps, weapons, etc? What other game modes weren't included in the beta? It looks like I'll have the game by Thursday. I'm really excited to jump in. I loved the beta maps, so I'm hoping the rest of them are as nice as well.

conlan22  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as maps go I know I haven't played them all yet, but the ones I have played I've enjoyed. Sometimes it's hard to find the action and sometimes it's hard to find the path to the other side of the map that your Titan will for through but I know that will go away with time when I get more familiar with the maps. I wish it would be either harder for an enemy pilot to mount your Titan or easier for you to get them off. I don't like that you have to exit your Titan and shoot them off off your widoy moving Titan.

I don't remember which game modes were in beta but the full game has 6. Attrition (team death match), Hardpoint (domination), last Titan standing (once killed you don't respawn), capture the flag, pilot hunter (I think one or both teams might not have titans, and a mode that is a mixture. I've played attrition, Hardpoint, and last Titan standing. They were all fun but I would recommend last Titan standing with a team because to succeed you need some strategy.
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying it so far, love all the maps and everything feels really well balanced! Feel free to friend me if you want to play some time. GT: AdamHeroSH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: