Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trying to make perfect GH3 DLC rips for PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
szymmirr  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Trying to make perfect GH3 DLC rips for PC Reply with quote

Hello! Maybe I'll start from the beginning - I want to make perfect GH3 DLC rips from X360 to GH3PC. I actually found some rips over the internet:

iamsensay TGH files: http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28285
McCuLlY95gh's DragonForce Track Pack rip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-LW42lsGI
Frets on Fire Brasil FoF rips with separated audio: Google for "Guitar Hero III - Legends Of Rock + DLC (Frets On Fire)"
Charts for FoFiX (all links dead): http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15078
Asskickulater quality rips for Phase Shift (nice project, but seems dead): http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55349

but none of them are "perfect".

What do I mean by "perfect"?
- separated audio
- sections
- playable coop
- 1:1 charts (forced hopos etc.)
- good looking, original section names (so, for example, not "section_fast_solo_2a" but "Fast Solo 2A")
- working practice on both instruments
- all difficulties

Searching through these rips I found ONLY ONE perfectly ripped song, which is "The End Begins (To Rock)" from "iamsensay TGH files". It has everything that I listed above. I don't believe it's thanks to fact that's PS3 rip, but if yes - then we can rip all dlc from PS3.

More-than-perfect conditions:
- Animations for all band members (holy shit). Sounds impossible, but well - it's all saved in dlc files, so theoretically it should be as easy as ripping it to PC, right?
- Correct count off sounds (just a detail)

Actually I spent pretty much time trying to make a "perfect rip" myself.

At first I checked what files are being modified/created while adding new song in GHTCP, and these are:

DATA/MUSIC/[songname].dat.xen
DATA/MUSIC/[songname].fsb.xen
DATA/SONGS/[songname]_song.pak.xen
DATA/PAK/qb.pab.xen
DATA/PAK/qb.pak.xen

Next step was extracting DLC files using Horizon. For example, from "Dream On" we get the following files:

dl15.pak.xen (8 KB)
dl15_text.pak.xen (32 KB)
dl15_text_f.pak.xen (32 KB)
dl15_text_g.pak.xen (32 KB)
dl15_text_i.pak.xen (36 KB)
dl15_text_s.pak.xen (36 KB)
dlc37.dat.xen (1 KB)
DLC37.fsb.xen (15 403 KB)
dlc37_song.pak.xen (2 964 KB)

Two questions:
- What are the first six files used for? They have small size and doesn't occur for PC songs.
- Why do first seven and last three files have different numbers?

I immediately tried putting dlc37.dat.xen, DLC37.fsb.xen and dlc37_song.pak.xen in proper folders, but it was retarded since qb.pab.xen and qb.pak.xen needs to be modified.

My next idea was to simply check if GHTCP just supports these files. It allows to use dlc37_song.pak.xen as chart file and dlc37.dat.xen as single guitar track. Result? All difficulties available and playable, no sections, no audio (and no coop, if I'm sure).

Next idea - if GHTCP edited qb.pab.xen and qb.pak.xen, and GH3 now detects the song, then I can simply replace the files (they had same names before). Result - GH3 crashes on song start.

I also tried replacing some deep files in dlc37_song.pak.xen using QueenBee, but with crash result again.

Getting annoyed I decided to extract these files, starting from biggest one - DLC37.fsb.xen. I tried using several programs, and finally got it using SongFSBDecrypt. File list:

dlc37_guitar.xma
dlc37_preview.xma
dlc37_rhythm.xma
dlc37_song.xma

I actually didn't care about extracting/ripping them since all of them are already ripped, for example, in "Frets on Fire Brasil FoF rips" (high quality mp3s).

I wanted to extract dlc37_song.pak.xen too, but all the links to various programs were dead, so i basically gave up and started writing this thread

Yeah, that's all. Does anyone can help, or did I wasted almost 4 hours working on it and writing this, because it's already available somewhere?

//EDIT
Looks like no one can help me, so even if it's 2025 and you can help - please feel free to post a comment.

please add gh3 and gha career battles score tracking thanks

Last edited by szymmirr on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't aware of ps3 dlc rips. can we make a chart how of it ?

also, im pretty sure these links fall in the "since it's official DLC, we can't provide link to direct download". so i'd remove them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Frets on Fire Brasil rips were "direct" so I edited my post.

666maggot  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, is possible. I did it long time ago but I never posted here because seems that the GH customization is pretty dead.
If I found it in my old hard drive I let you know.
(All the X360 DLC were ported to PC with all functions like band playing, practice sections, band name, etc, except the PS3 exclusive DLC)
And sorry for my bad english :P
szymmirr  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, awesome! How did you do that? Check PM also.

bakonfreek  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have perfect replicas of almost all of the charts (forced Ho/Po notes and all). The only things I am having issues with are the chart for The End Begins (To Rock) and the audio files for the DragonForce track pack.

If I could get a video of an FC of The End Begins (To Rock) in high quality (capture card or HD camera pointed at a HDTV) and some re-rips of the DragonForce audio, I could have a perfect replica TGH file done by the end of this summer.

The only other issue would be the legality of sharing these songs with the audio (I think that would technically count as piracy).

Also, if I could get video of all previews so I can get those lined up correctly...that would be greatly appreciated...just that little touch to make this that much more perfect.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: d00m7985 PSN Name: d00m7985
bakonfreek  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the mismatch in question.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: d00m7985 PSN Name: d00m7985
szymmirr  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I can help you with all your issues:

You can find perfect rip of The End Begins here: http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28285

For DF Pack audio just google for "Guitar Hero III - Legends Of Rock + DLC (Frets On Fire)" (with quotes)

Setlist scrolls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvGE6UX8ZC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCVE_F4c2I0

The only question is where's The End Begins placed (at the moment I think it's on the same place where's Halo Theme on X360) but we just need someone with all PS3 DLCs to check that.

bakonfreek  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to let you know right now that the FoF rips are actually pretty damn terrible. That doesn't matter, however, because I managed to come across DLC rips from my friend's hard drives (from his 360 and his PS3). I re-ripped the audio and charts from the files and by the end of this week I should have almost all DLC songs. I am working on importing the Xbox 360 and PS3 DLC tracks into my copy of GH3 for PC as I type this. By the end of the week I should have a full SGH file with perfect DLC replicas. I converted to qb based charts so I could keep the 6/8 TS on We Three Kings (not sure if that will affect importing the songs into the PS3 or the 360, I'll find out later).

Now, there is a huge HUGE downside to this whole thing. I am not allowed to post the SGH file on this website (for fear of losing my account). If you want it, you'll have to talk to me over e-mail. However, if I can find a safe place to upload the SGH file (likely on my own server), I'll give it to you. Hell, if you can get it set up and running properly, maybe you can pop online on GH3 and see if online multiplayer works with these charts.

All Ho/Po notes are correct on these. All sections (as far as I can tell) are correct on these. Hell, even all of the tracks are synced properly. The previews are as close as I could get them with GH3CP. Best of all (in my personal opinion), the DragonForce tracks don't drift in and out of sync.
plumato  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still working on this, I have EVERYTHING from the original DLC WITH multitracks, unforced on my hard drive right now. I have a few forced already (SWTA, TDWDTG, DF Pack, and a couple of others). Feel free to get back me on this, lol.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I'd want to see is the God Of War chart. why it's not out yet since all those years is puzzling me.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it right here, haven't touched it yet. I assume it just had no co-op?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Plumato PSN Name: Plumato
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea. can you extract that chart out and send it to codemann8 ?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I go to force it and everything else, I play it with a video. I feel as though I'd run into the same problem as bakonfreek with the different charts or something.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd send codemann8 all these files. Im pretty sure he knows how to extract the chart out of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: