ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Good PS2->PS3 converter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papelplaysguitar  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Good PS2->PS3 converter Reply with quote

Hello!

Ever since I bought my PS3 four years ago I've never been able to use my favorite guitar controller - the Gibson SG for PS2 - to play the newest games. Is there any good converter for PS3? The guitar uses a PS2 port and it needs to have an output in USB.

Two things first:

1- Please don't say "TAC converter": I've heard many times about it but I can't find it ANYWHERE, and I doubt it would ship to my country anyway.

2- Generic converters don't seem to work, they don't recognize the controller at all. It's working flawless on the PS2, though.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pelican ps2 to ps3 works on every PS2 games played on PS3. you cannot use a PS2 guitar to play PS3 games on PS3.

my suggestion is to find a GH5tar or WoRtar or a WTar if you fix the switch issue.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can't use my SG to play PS3 games even using an adapter? Damn! That's one of the worst gaming news for me I've heard: are you sure about it? I was keeping my SG in hope of using it, but if that's true I'm gonna sell it right away and try to look for a GH5 guitar.

I have a Wortar but the strum bar is broken, even though I tried to fix it using a piece of paper. It always overstrum when I down strum, if I recall correctly. I hope the GH5 doesn't have all the problems I've heard about in Les Paul/WTar...

Thanks Cabanon, I'll see what I can do :/

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only game you can play with your SG on ps3 is all the ps2 games since you need the PS button to make it works with ps3 games. all the other games dont work as i've tried 4-5 years ago when trying to go for the "play with X of the same instruments" trophy. I had an LP, a WTar and 2 SGs and none of the SGs were detected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: