ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Surfing With the Alien Solo 1A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TacoBear  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Surfing With the Alien Solo 1A Reply with quote

Can anyone give me some techniques for tapping this fast? I've done it on everything except full speed.

I've noticed when Danny Johnson did his FC, he stuck his right arm way out then pointed his hand towards the neck and made his hand as straight as possible. I've tried this to no avail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TacoBear87 PSN Name: TacoBear88
Graf  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people use a technique called "alt-tapping" to FC sections that fast. Basically you want to use your normal fretting hand in conjunction with your tapping hand, alternating every other note between the two. It's confusing at first, but with practice can be much more reliable than trying to do it with one tapping hand insanely fast. Check out this video on YouTube, where a user alt-tapped using only his tapping hand, switching between his index and middle fingers on each note. Give a few of these techniques a try and see what works, and remember; move your way up to Full Speed with patience. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap orange alternating between your index and middle finger on the tapping hand. Anchor the other buttons as they come with your left hand. The key is to keep your tapping hand light and free -- don't tense up.

I've found that the guitar is a big factor here too. If the buttons are too stiff, you won't be able to keep your fingers light/fast enough. If they're too mushy, the button won't "reset" in time for the next tap and you'll get a lot of hits that don't register. I find this section pretty easy on my Xplorer but very difficult on the Les Paul due to mushy buttons. If you have multiple guitars, try experimenting and see which one works best.

It will take some time and endurance-building to get it up to full speed. When practicing, your fingers will get fatigued quickly and it will stop being productive after a few attempts. Just work on it for a few minutes at a time and then do something else.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: