ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Problem with Guitar Hero replica

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReDevilGames  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Problem with Guitar Hero replica Reply with quote

Hi at all! I hope that I don't posted in wrong section, but I read that this section is used to discuss about "other software applications", so I'm discussing about programming... anyway:
I'm making a Guitar Hero replica, but since I don't know much about MIDI files, I converted a MIDI file from this site: http://flashmusicgames.com/midi/mid2txt.php using an absolute timestamp type. But there is a problem: song seems to begin correctly and synced, but after a while it goes out of sync due to the MIDI standard which it's notes position depend on the tempo track. So, there is a method to calculate the EXACT note position?
Thanks in advance!

For some preview, here (the first "window"): http://redevilgames.altervista.org/games.php
(if this is considered as an ad, delete this)
Buldy  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that the output generates MIDI tick positions and not actual miliseconds. You can convert the ticks to time by using BPM and resolution of MIDI track (MFile # # 480 = resolution is 480). However, this tool you provided doesn't seem to have BPM stored there (the Tempo thing is some weird numbers I haven't ever seen).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: