Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gbm's thread. I play bass.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: gbm's thread. I play bass. Reply with quote

Right now I'm going through and mopping up some of my expert bass loose ends, so that is what I will start with. I will come back in here and update with my guitar and drums stats another time.

World Tour bass scores
Metallica bass scores
Smash Hits bass scores
GH5 bass scores
Van Halen bass scores
Band Hero bass scores
WoR bass scores

Bass Stats

World Tour
82/84
As of 6/25/16
69 total 1sts
3rd place overall

Nope
Hot for Teacher
B.Y.O.B.

Metallica
49/49
As of 5/2/16
42 total 1sts
1st place overall

Smash Hits
48/48
As of 3/25/16
45 total 1sts
1st place overall

GH5
84/85
As of 12/2/14
72 total 1sts
1st place overall

Nope
21st Century Schizoid Man

Van Halen
45/45
As of 3/4/16
34 total 1sts
1st place overall

Band Hero
65/65
As of 3/19/16
1st place on 65/65 songs
57 untied 1sts
8 tied 1sts
1st place overall

Warriors of Rock
91/92
As of 7/28/16
77/92 1sts

Nope
This Day We Fight!

Last edited by greenbaymackey on Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:01 am; edited 103 times in total
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few of your scores on GH5 recently getting first places on expert bass. I hope you're nice and don't take Wolf Like Me away from me as that's my only expert untied first place. Pretty please?

Joke, do as you wish. Good luck with your reduxes and finishing up GH5 and getting as many FC's as you can. I like the way you laid it out with your "maybe" and "nope" sections. And I think a lot of us feel your pain regarding the long paths on GH:Metallica!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well throw up an update.

November 1, 2014
Well, after having yet another guitar fail a couple of months ago, I finally decided to buy another one today. It should be here this week. Anyway, here's what I was able to do since my last update.

In continuing my redux of the no-whammy bass songs in the series, I moved on to Van Halen. First was Pain - 4th place. Hit 2 of 3 squeezes. Tough to compete with tanner, fug and roman-hedgehog. Then Master Exploder - 4th place. Tried for a while but couldn't get either squeeze. That was it for VH.

Next was World Tour. Beautiful Disaster - Optimal. Misery Business - 3rd place. Got one squeeze. Dropped 20 in ticks. Vinternoll2 - 3rd place. No squeezes. Missed 8 on last act. Hail to the Freaks - 2nd place. 1/3 squeezes. Toy Boy - 4th place. Hit one squeeze on my first try, didn't feel like playing it again. Pretty Vacant - tied for 1st. Hit the middle two squeezes. Santeria - untied 1st x-plat. Hit all squeezes and I think I hit the glitch. Ending ticks probably weren't great. Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) - tied for 1st. I must have hit the open squeeze. I know I missed the other two. 400 left. Hey Man, Nice Shot - 3rd place. No squeezes. There are still 2 no-whammy songs left to go on WT, Assassin and Hollywood Nights. I'll get around to those when I get my new guitar.

I picked up my guitar again a week or two ago and it actually worked long enough to knock out one song. All Along the Watchtower - 2nd place. Dropped ticks on the front end of the last act and more can be squeezed from 2nd.

That's it. Hopefully I can get back to reduxing later this week.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 16, 2014
My new guitar finally showed up. It seems to work well... so far.

Today I went through and finished up GH5's second tier on expert bass. Well, almost. I still need to try a different path on Under Pressure... anyway, I finished in 1st place on the tier by 1,577. Here were today's reduxes: Cigarettes, Wedding Bands - untied 1st. Not great ticks on the first act, but I held ticks well throughout the song. Happy with this one. Gamma Ray - untied 1st. Gave up on hitting the last squeeze and just went for ticks. There's still 72ish left on my path if I hit the squeeze. Mirror People - 2nd place by 20. Just didn't feel like grinding those awful sustain sections for ticks. Only Happy When It Rains - untied 1st. 200 plus ticks left. Shouldn't be hard to get. I should really go back and grab that squeeze. Sex on Fire - tied for 1st. Easy. Optimal unless doubles are possible. Steady, As She Goes - untied 1st. Easy enough. They Say - 2nd place. Didn't end up getting either squeeze, but I somehow got 3 extra points. Tick glitch? Under Pressure - tied for 2nd. Maxed out the path I was using. I have an alternate path to try next time I play.

Edit: Arvain started playing some GH5 today and just like that, two of my 1sts were gone. Gamma Ray was easy enough to get back, but Under Pressure was a pain. Why you gotta make things difficult?

Last edited by greenbaymackey on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep seeing your score but never an acc. thread. good luck, you're on a very good pace.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
keep seeing your score but never an acc. thread. good luck, you're on a very good pace.

Thanks. We'll see if I can finish out GH5 before I burn out on it.

November 18, 2014
I've been methodically working through tier 3 now. 29 songs in this tier. Jesus. Here's what I've done during the last two days.

New untied 1sts: All the Pretty Faces, American Girl, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Comedown, Ex-Girlfriend, Gratitude, Jailbreak, Lithium (Live), Lonely is the Night.

Tied 1sts: Bleed American, Hungry Like the Wolf.

2nd place: Dancing with Myself.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I added a link to my GH5 scores for anyone interested. Here it is. My GH5 bass scores

November 19, 2014
Well, the big update today is that I FCed Do You Feel Like We Do?! That puts me at 84/85 FC's in GH5. Wow. I got this my first time making it to the strumming without screwing up the path or missing while activating. Coming up to the last activation was possibly the most nervous I've been with GH. I was trying so hard to stay calm that I didn't notice how I did on the last two acts. Probably missed about 400 on the last act. Maybe 200 on the 13th. I also could have missed a front end or two during the awkward whammy acts. I would like to try for a better score while the path is fresh in my mind, but I don't know if I can bring myself to sit through that middle section again. I played through 21CSM to refresh my memory on it and... that's still not happening. It's that damn zig zag. I could learn the rest of the outro, but I have never even come close to the zig zag. Anyway, here's the rest of what I did today.

New untied 1sts: Nearly Lost You, One Big Holiday, Plug in Baby, The Rock Show.

1 tied 1st: Play That Funky Music.

2nd places: Looks That Kill, Never Miss a Beat, Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live).

I'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week, so the reduxing will be put on hold for a while.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some updates from my last few days of reduxing GH5 bass.

November 22, 2014
I finally finished tier 3 tonight. I ended up in first place in the tier by 5,853. I was able to get untied 1sts on the 8 songs I had left.

They were: Send a Little Love Token, Shout it out Loud, Smells Like Teen Spirit, So Lonely, Why Bother?, Wolf Like Me, You and Me, You Give Love a Bad Name.

Next up is tier 4 which has a much more manageable 10 songs.

November 23, 2014
I made it 7 songs through tier 4 today. I would have finished it but, football. I think it's safe to say that I'm relieved to have DWE,DFN re-FCed. Such an annoying FC (undertiered much?). Not a great score, but oh well.

New untied 1sts: Done with Everything, Die for Nothing, In the Meantime, Incinerate, Maiden, Mother & Crone.

Tied 1st: Bring the Noise 20XX.

2nd places: 20th Century Boy, Blue Day.

November 24, 2014
I finished up tier 4 and got a start on tier 5 today. I wrapped up tier 4 being in 1st place by 3,192. Here's what I took care of today.

New untied 1sts: Medicate, Sultans of Swing, Back Round, Brianstorm, Judith.

2nd place: Woman from Tokyo ('99 Remix)
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 25, 2014
I'm getting close to finishing up GH5. Today I stopped with 2 songs left in tier 5 to redux and only 9 left overall. 10 if I decide to try to reFC DYFLWD. Then I just have to get a decent non-FC score in for Schizoid Man and we'll see where that leaves me.

I noticed arvain beat 3 of my scores earlier today, so I decided to try to take those back if I could before continuing with tier 5. I was able to have a pretty good run on Only Happy When It Rains and take back that 1st. I was never even able to match my previous score for Why Bother?, let alone arvain's new 1st. He definitely earned that one. And finally, They Say. I only had 2nd place on this one, but arvain bumped me down to 3rd. This actually worked out because it made me realize that I was using the wrong path the whole time. After finding the right path it was just a matter of maxing out the glitched ticks in the intro and I was able to tie 1st place.

After that I got back to working on tier 5 and I was able to get untied 1sts on the 6 songs I worked on.

They were: Lust for Life (Live) (missed 400), No One to Depend on (Live) (ticks from optimal), Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) (I'm so bad at holding ticks, I got everything else though.), Scatterbrain (Live) (awful ticks again, got everything else again. crazy chart.), Seven (everything but ticks, I think.), Streamline Woman (ticks from optimal.)

I'm going out of town for a few days for Thanksgiving. I'll get back to it this Friday night or Saturday. Enjoy the holiday if you celebrate it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I had a little bit of extra time before I left today, so I finished up tier 5. I was able to get 1st place on all 14 songs in this tier (11 untied. 3 tied.) I ended the tier in 1st place by 4,402 points.

I did We're an American Band (tied 1st. missed 8 points on the first activation that I've had.) and Younk Funk (untied 1st. there's a tough 200 or 400 left.) Then I decided to see if I could improve my ticks on A-Punk. I already had 1st on it from a couple months ago but I'm better now so I figured I could squeeze a few more points out of it. Well, I was able to grab 400 more pretty easily at the expense of some ticks. Nobody must have tried very hard on this one.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame this forum has been kinda dead the last couple of weeks, as your thread should be getting more comments - you've got 48 untied first places on GH5 (according to your first post) which is crazy. I know bass may not be as popular as guitar, but your scores are still damn good and a lot of them will be tough to beat/get near to!

Hope you can input a decent score for 21st Century Schizoid Man and then move on to another game, as it'd be interesting to see what sort of scores you can get on games aside from GH5!

Always nice to have lots of green rankings!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
It's a shame this forum has been kinda dead the last couple of weeks, as your thread should be getting more comments - you've got 48 untied first places on GH5 (according to your first post) which is crazy. I know bass may not be as popular as guitar, but your scores are still damn good and a lot of them will be tough to beat/get near to!

Hope you can input a decent score for 21st Century Schizoid Man and then move on to another game, as it'd be interesting to see what sort of scores you can get on games aside from GH5!

Always nice to have lots of green rankings!

Thanks a lot! It's nice to know that somebody noticed.

November 29, 2014

I am now in 1st place overall for GH5 expert bass. I feel kind of lame for being first place without the FGFC, but what can you do? I will never be able to FC the Schizoid outro.

Last night and today I went through the songs in tier 6 that I didn't already have 1st place on. I got four new untied 1sts and one 2nd. The new 1sts are: Demon(s), Disconnected (this song was a real pain in the ass. I ended up with either optimal or ticks from optimal though, so that makes it worth it.), Sneak Out and Sweating Bullets. The one 2nd is The Spirit of Radio (Live).

I finished with 1st place in the 6th tier by 2,759. I might still redux Deadbolt for ticks, but I think I'll leave Superstition be.

It looks like I'm finally just about done with this game. For tier 7 I put in a garbage score for 21st Century Schizoid Man just to have a score in for it. I won't be reduxing 2 Minutes to Midnight (way to long and annoying + I already have 2nd place on it.) or Sympathy for the Devil (...probably. I still might.)

Tier 8 consists exclusively of Do You Feel Like We Do?, which I already have 2nd place on.

The current plan is this: 1. Improve my 21CSM score by several thousand points by FCing up to the outro and not missing under SP . 2. See if I can force myself to reFC DYFLWD. If it takes more than two or three tries I'll move on. 3. See if I can improve a few of my weaker scores from the early tiers. 4. Pick my next game to go through.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True : because being 40k behind WITH the fgfc isn't lame at all x)

Congratulations : those scores are all very annoying to tie, let alone beat, so I think you'll stay 1st forever.

Good luck on the next game, I'm certain you'll find lots of extra squeezes to increase the community totals.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play GH:WT or GH:SH and purposely not beat my two untied global first place scores?

Speaking of good scores though, I beat your More Than A Feeling score by 8 points yesterday, lol. Second place global!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I'm not going for that again.

good job, though.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain: Thanks a lot! You seem to be just about the only competition that is still around and your Why Bother? score proves that you are waaaaaaaaay better than me at holding ticks when there are several sustains of different colors back to back to back. A bunch of my scores are very beatable, especially sustain heavy songs.

Chrisssss: Well, you got me playing SH and More than a Feeling was the first thing I went after.

voidedalive2x: Thanks

November 30, 2014
I've decided to move on from GH5. Last night I did get one more untied 1st in Looks That Kill. So overall I finished with 84/85 FCs, 69 1st place scores (51 untied, 18 tied) and in 1st place overall by 10,968. If I notice any of my scores getting beat (I'm looking at you arvain ) I might try to defend them, but honestly probably not. Once the disc is out of the tray it's too much of a hassle. lol. I've been leaning toward moving on to Band Hero or Warriors of Rock because the engines (especially BH) are similar to GH5. First though, I decided to put in Smash Hits to give my 3 unFCed songs from that a couple of runs and... I decided to start reduxing SH. Both because the shorter setlist is attractive and because the FGFC seems likely, whereas WoR is not happening.

Chrisssss mentioned More than a Feeling, so I figured I would start with Polar Ice Cap. Through 4 songs I have two untied 1sts: More than a Feeling and Stellar, one tied 1st: Hey You (optimal) and a 2nd place: Them Bones (I still have some tweaking to do with this.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: