SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gbm's thread. I play bass.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
And the Nugent Guitar Duel bass track can suck a fat one.
Yes.

Here's an update on what I was able to knock out this last week.

New 1sts
Feel the Pain - Untied, by 11. Tick holding and reverse ticks. Not my strong suit.
Sweet Home Alabama (Live) - Untied, by 120. I think this is pretty solid.
You're Gonna Say Yeah! - Untied, by 28. It took me FOREVER to hit both doubles. This is ticks away from optimal because it's not possible to hit a double at the end. It's a small squeeze just to get this note in. I've had 12 more in reverse ticks.
Monsoon - Tied. I had a run with 8 more that was ruined by the glitched orange slider at the end. I forgot that you have to strum it.
Satch Boogie - Untied, by 88. The first squeeze was fairly tough.
Hey Man, Nice Shot - Untied, by 200. I hit 3/4 doubles. I missed the third and somehow, miraculously hit the much harder 4th.
Scream Aim Fire - Untied, by 28. There's still a lot left on this one.
Crazy Train - Untied, by 24. It probably wouldn't be that tough to get a few more ticks.
Demolition Man (Live) - Untied, by 40. Super close to optimal. I dropped the end of one sustain.

Songs I already had 1st on but improved anyway
Do It Again - Untied, by 44. I just wanted to get this one on video. Improved by 8.
Lazy Eye - Untied, by 200. 1st on Scorehero to get optimal.

Songs I improved from 3rd to 2nd
Freak on a Leash - Either there's a squeeze somewhere that I can't find or a few people held ticks unbelievable well on this.
The Kill - Chrisssss, if you read this, tell me you didn't actually get reverse ticks on the 2nd act. That squeeze is hard enough as is.

Also I randomly decided to get optimal on La Bamba guitar. It took two attempts.

I'm starting to run out of motivation with World Tour. There are 27 songs left that I don't have 1st place on. By my count at least 18 of them will require me to hit at least one double in order to get 1st. 5 of them require insane tick holding that I don't think I'm capable of and 2 of them are HfT and BYOB. I guess we'll see how much longer I can stomach grinding for doubles.

This update has given me a +9 in my total first place count. I'm now up to 377/467.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some great improvements, greenbay! and I agree with the Ted Nugent Guitar Duel bass chart..
And Monsoon has annoying sliders lmao.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
The Kill - Chrisssss, if you read this, tell me you didn't actually get reverse ticks on the 2nd act. That squeeze is hard enough as is.

Haven't played it in a long time and apparently I had 20 extra points according to my song comment, but yes... from looking at the chart, it looks like standard reverse ticking to reach the third green note so should be easy? Unless you got a double and then lost 200 elsewhere?

I'm in Italy for a few more days on my holiday so can't test anything, but maybe at some point when I'm back I can have a go though may not be for a little while still.

Very well done on the amount of first places you have now though!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you must have grabbed an extra 200 somewhere else then - I guess the 3rd activation? - because I made it to the 4th green on the 2nd act. I was trying to reverse tick AND hit the double. I couldn't believe you got so many ticks and I couldn't even come close. I'm dumb.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday!
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for this week's update.

Things are slowing down for me in World Tour. It's been seven or eight days since my last update and I have eight new 1sts to show for it. I was knocking out multiple songs a day but now I'm starting to really have to work for every one.

New 1sts
Hail to the Freaks - Tied. I hit 1/4 doubles.
Assassin - Tied. Optimal. This was actually pretty easy.
Overkill - Untied, by 236. I hit all of the squeezes but didn't glitch the extended sustains. They were too fast for me. Super overrated FC.
Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) - Tied. Optimal. This was pretty easy too.
Everlong - Untied, by 192. Hit both doubles, I'm pretty sure this is 8 from optimal.
Prisoner of Society - Tied. 400 points left. This song's difficulty is underrated. IMO, it is comfortably the 3rd hardest bass FC in World Tour.
Rebel Yell - Untied, by 16. Another double song. I hit 2/3 doubles. There's 200 left plus maybe some reverse ticks at the end.
VinterNoll2 - Tied. I wanted 8-16 more, but I'll accept the tie on this one. IMO, this is easily the most "meh" song in World Tour.

Also, I've had optimal on Beautiful Disaster for two years but I decided to get it on video last night.

All of these mid-tier double-squeezy songs are wearing me down. 6 out of the 8 songs this week were predicated on doubles. Thankfully there's only a couple of double songs left that I am planning on going for. In fact, there aren't a lot of songs left for me to go for at all. There's a good chance that I will be moving on from WT by this time next week.

My new updated 1st place count: 385/467.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some nice 1sts there. I reckon (i've never used that word before) you could get to 400 sometime soon. What game are you thinking of going to next after this?
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
some nice 1sts there. I reckon (i've never used that word before) you could get to 400 sometime soon. What game are you thinking of going to next after this?
Yeah 400 has been my goal for a while now. After World Tour I might make a quick pit stop in GH5 to knock out a song that's been bugging me, but after that I'll have my sights set on WoR. I think there's around 30 songs in WoR that I don't have 1st place on. Hopefully, I can grab a few more in WT before I close close in on 400 with WoR.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck getting 466/467 expert bass first places if you can!! You know which song I'm not counting... it's on GH5 and involves reverse ticks lol.

If you even get close to 466 then you'll have done an amazing job anyway, so keep up the good work and the excellent squeezing, especially with all those bloody doubles you keep getting!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
Good luck getting 466/467 expert bass first places if you can!! You know which song I'm not counting... it's on GH5 and involves reverse ticks lol.

If you even get close to 466 then you'll have done an amazing job anyway, so keep up the good work and the excellent squeezing, especially with all those bloody doubles you keep getting!!

LOL... i don't know which song >.>
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:

Same

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
UltraHeroABC5 wrote:

Same

mackey should know because he can't beat me on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, are you talking about the one song on Guitar Hero 5 that is played on the Microsoft Xbox 360 console on Expert Bass called Song 2 and is as performed by Blur?
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
mackey should know because he can't beat me on it.
Chris pls. mackey does know. You are so much better than me at reverse ticks it's silly. Maybe someday I'll muster up enough motivation to bang my head against that wall again.

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Song 2
*sigh* yup.
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I never could get a good grip on squeezing the newer games. Keep it up!
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand reverse ticks at all. If you can find out how to get them on that engine, good luck.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: