Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
gbm's thread. I play bass.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekly update time! I knocked out a few more songs then decided to move on from World Tour.

New 1sts
Toy Boy - Tied. 3 out of 4 doubles hit.
Good God - Untied, by 208. There's still a tough 200 left.
The Wind Cries Mary - Untied, by 40. I think this is good?
The Kill - Untied, by 176. Optimal. I'm the first person to get optimal on this one.
Already had 1st, but improved
Trapped Under Ice - Untied, by 432. 200 from optimal.

And I also decided to grab optimal on Today on guitar.

After all that I have 1st place on 69/84 expert bass songs in WT. Everything left will be very difficult. The few songs that I feel like I have a chance to get are Misery Business, The Middle, Never Too Late, Hollywood Nights and Vicarious. Not getting Vicarious is my biggest disappointment of this whole WT redux. I can hit every squeeze pretty well. I could definitely get optimal... but I can't hit the outro. At all. Maybe next time.

I moved on to WoR and, while I've been mostly playing dlc, I did knock out one on-disc song today.

New 1st
Get Free - Tied. 8 points from optimal.

With that and the 4 WT songs my new expert bass 1st place count is 390/467.

I'll include the dlc songs I've done down here. I decided to put guitar and bass FC's of the same song in one video. These are all 1st place on both guitar and bass, on Scorehero and Xbox Live. Also, these are all my own paths.

Buried Myself Alive by The Used - WoR dlc.
The Bird and the Worm by The Used - GH5 dlc. This is probably the most interesting song I've done so far. I've always liked it's charts.
The Taste of Ink by The Used - GH5 dlc.
Yeah... I was on a bit of a Used kick. I'll probably attempt Pretty Handsome Awkward another time.
Helena by My Chemical Romance - WoR dlc. This one was extremely easy to path on both instruments. It's optimal on bass and probably 8-16 away from optimal on guitar.
Poison by Alice Cooper - WoR dlc. Guitar was extremely easy to path. Bass was not.

I''m really enjoying pathing out these dlc songs, so expect more of that. I'll try to mix in some on-disc stuff as well. After all, I am only 10 songs away from 400 now.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some good firsts there. and yeah, vicarious is a pain. I even have trouble at the vocal break part, especially the part from m.141 on. But yeah, that outro sucks.
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a week and I haven't done all that much squeezing but here's a mediocre update anyway.

New 1sts
Fury of the Storm - Untied, by 132. This was the big one of the week. I got it like a few hours after last week's update.
Listen To Her Heart - Untied, by 36.
Machinehead - Untied, by 184. Hit the first squeeze.
Cherry Bomb - Untied, by 16. No video. This is a really good score. I got the best ticks I've ever had on the 1st AND 2nd activations and tied my best ticks on the 3rd.
Burnin' For You - Untied, by 16. No video. This was another one with really good ticks.

And that was it with on-disc this week. My new 1st place total is 395/467. I'm looking at the songs I have left in WoR and I think it's going to be a real challenge to get 5+ more 1sts.

Part of the reason I didn't do much on-disc this week is because I was still enjoying pathing out various dlc songs. Just like last week, these videos all include guitar AND bass and are 1st place on Xbl and Scorehero on both instruments.

Sooner or Later by Breaking Benjamin - GH5 dlc.
Until the End by Breaking Benjamin - GH5 dlc. I don't even like this band. I bought this 3-pack years ago because my friend liked them and I was desperately trying to keep him into rhythm gaming. It didn't work.
Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds To Mars - GH5 dlc. Unfortunately, it looks like this video got blocked worldwide. Too bad, because it's an interesting chart and a decent song. and I think I got optimal on guitar.
Blue Monday by Orgy - GH5 dlc. Here's the comment on the previous high score for this song. "unbeatable". I beat it by 204. Also I got optimal on bass.
Pretty Handsome Awkward by The Used - GH5 dlc. This gives me 1st place on guitar and bass on all 4 post-GH3 Used songs. This guitar chart is significantly harder than its GH3 counterpart. The outro specifically is bullshit. Bass is probably optimal.
Just Dance by Lady Gaga featuring Colby O'Donis - GH5 dlc. I randomly played this for the first time in like 5 years and realized it would be really easy to path. It only took me like 25 minutes total to get 1st place on both charts.

I'm starting to feel really bored with GH right now, so I'm going to try to blast through WoR and get to 400 this week. Then it might be time for a nice long break.
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on this week. Especially on Cherry Bomb. I reckon you can get optimal.

greenbaymackey wrote:
It's been a week and I haven't done all that much squeezing but here's a mediocre update anyway.

Lol. I love your definition of "mediocre". XD

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice update this week, greenbay. By "long break" do you mean some rock band?
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ginger. I know that mediocre comment sounds silly but up until these last couple weeks I've been averaging more than 1 song per day, so only getting 5 last week feels low.

Ultra, probably. I guess by "long break" I mean a break from GH on-disc expert bass. I've been absolutely focused on that for 2 years now and let me tell you, I am ready for that adventure to be over. But not until I hit 400!
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a midweek update because I've finished this short WoR redux and I'm moving on to greener pastures.

New 1sts
Theme From Spiderman - Tied. 2nd person to get optimal.
Dancing Through Sunday - Untied, by 126. Ticks left at the end but this is pretty good.
The Feel Good Drag - Tied. 3rd person to get optimal.
Lasso - Untied, by 12. This is a very good score. I had 8 more out of the glitch once but I can't imagine any more than that is possible.
Paranoid (Live) - Untied, by 4. The intro ticks are weird. I lost 3 points there.
Uprising - Tied. I hit 3 out of 4 doubles. I could optimize this but it could take forever and I don't think it's worth it.
Been Caught Stealing - Untied, by 164. This is super close to optimal. I wish I would have got it on video but this happened when I was relearning the path and not recording yet.
Tones of Home - Tied. Chrisssss made me replay this one for 2 points. Honestly, those 2 glitched points in the intro were significantly harder for me to get than any of the squeezes.
Speeding (Vault Version) - Untied, by 12. Probably should have been 8-16 more but I'm happy with this.

That puts me at 77/92 WoR 1st places. And less importantly I got 2 new guitar FC's in There's No Secrets This Year and Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live).

With those 9 new scores my updated (final?) on-disc expert bass 1st place count is 404/467. I'm sure I'll still squeeze the occasional on-disc song but I'm declaring my on-disc bass rampage complete. My initial goal when I started 2 years ago was to get to a FSFC -5. I accomplished that in December when I FCed Holy Wars and I one-upped it in April when I FCed Dyer's Eve. After I got 1st place on 65/65 songs in Band Hero in March bushidox suggested my next goal: 400 1st place scores. It's taken me 4 months to get the remaining 80 or so that I needed, but today I got there.

I'll probably be playing mostly GH dlc and Rock Band for the next little while. I might see if I can FGFC L:RB bass or see if I can get RttH to finish out my RB1 FGFC. Try to finish out the GD:RB FGFC on guitar. Might see if I can get the last 2 or 3 Beatles dlc FC's I need on guitar for the Full Artist FC. RB3 keytar. I'm excited to change gears.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

400! You did it good sir! I am in awe that you were so inspired by my ramblings to take it to heart and actually achieve the goal. Getting, much less keeping a single untied 1st place on any difficulty is very challenging. Doing it on Expert, the most competitive difficulty, and most heavily squeezed is an entirely different league. Going through and reduxing 400+ songs enough to have 1st place on all at the same time? That is some really amazing stuff there. Very few have tried, most have failed the list that I can think of guitar/bass include: Fug (Expert/Hard guitar), VeryMetalChewie (hard guitar), Tannernieland (Easy/Medium O211 domination), DrSham (Easy/Medium Bass), Cabanon (Easy/Medium DLC on disc everything), Voidedalive2x (various platforms), zlinkneo (handhelds), and now you for Expert Bass.

Very impressive stuff, enjoy your well deserved break. This level of domination without a FSFC? just pure madness. Have fun doing something else, and let us know when you come back.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on 400+. As bushidox said, that is a truely amazing feat. You could probably add arvain on that list too for his domination of BH. Anyways, I know you haven't updated with this yet but I just want to say congratulations on BH Guitar FGFC. Good luck with whatever comes next
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot bushidox. Those are very kind words. Your leaderboards were the main thing that kept me going for the majority of the journey.

Thanks to you as well Ultra. As you can tell, I had some unfinished business before I moved on to Rock Band.

Band Hero expert guitar FGFC! Paraylzer had been a thorn in my side for over a year, so I'm glad to finally get this FGFC finished. I'm just glad I only had to hit Verse 1 once.

Anyway, back to Rock Band I go.

Last edited by greenbaymackey on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't include me on that list, Bushi! I never even tried to get 1st places! (I mean, I could try, but I doubt I'd get anywhere <_<)

seriously, Gbm, that's a damn good achievement. A BH XGuitar FGFC is just icing.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a small update on my GH life. I haven't even turned my xbox on in 2 months, but I have played a little bit more of the On Tour games. I turned on Modern Hits for the first time and found out that as a whole, it's bass/rhythm charts are a lot harder than Decades. Anyway I got up to 17 bass/rhythm FC's (3 1st place) before I switched games.

1. Dimension
2. Violet Hill
3. Do The Panic
4. Reptilia
5. Unconditional
6. Dashboard - Tied 1st
7. Lassoo
8. Call To Arms
9. Sweet Sacrifice - Untied 1st
10. Everybody Get Dangerous
11. Ruby - 99% because there is a glitched note.
12. Miss Murder - Untied 1st
13. What Do I Have To Do
14. Always Where I Need To Be
15. Adrenaline
16. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
17. Where Are We Runnin' - This is my best FC so far in this game because of the weirdly out of nowhere hooks in the outro.

I could easily have more 1sts if the mic on my ds worked. As it is I have to activate by tapping the SP bar on the screen, which during fast sections is at least difficult and at most impossible. This is why I'm missing 11 thousand points in Arms Race. At that point I decided to throw Decades back in the ds to see if I could grab a couple more FC's. Without to much issue I was able to get.

23. Can't Stop - Untied 1st
24. Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
25. Smooth Criminal - Tied 1st
26. Satch Boogie - This one actually took a while. Not because it's hard but because I had to activate in fast stuff.

Now all that I have left in Decades is Tarantula and I Can't Drive 55. Tarantula is very doable, I've been close a couple times. I just need to grind it. I'm not sure about ICD55 though. I haven't played it much but when I have I've been very inconsistent. Gallops in these games are the worst.

That's all. I'll update again if I can snag any more of these On Tour FC's. Pokemon Sun & Moon come out on Friday though, so... I won't be playing any GH for a while after that.
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid stuff man, anybody that can squeeze on the DS deserves mad respect. It's difficult stuff! Keep it up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squeezing on DS ais a bloody nightmare. let alone playing it if you have big sturdy hands like I do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time no see. I FC'd Tarantula on bass.

5th person to FC this, at least on Scorehero. The score probably should have been like 1000-1200 better but I was pretty nervous at the end so I didn't push it. This puts me at 27/28 bass/rhythm FC's in the North American version of On Tour: Decades. I just have I Can't Drive 55 left. I don't really know if I'll ever grind that one out. It's not hard at all but it is almost entirely gallops. For 5 minutes. If you haven't ever played the DS games let me tell you, alt-strumming is garbage. The stop and start nature of gallops only make the situation worse. Anyway, that's just a roundabout way of me saying that I would love to get this FGFC, but I'm not sure I want to sit through all of the random misses that are going to happen for no reason.

See you next time I decide to randomly pop up.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: