ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Forced HOPOs are not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoolGrovyle  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Forced HOPOs are not working Reply with quote

'sup guys?

I would not bothering ya'll who have much more custom experience and Guitar Hero skill then I do , but I have serious problem related to forced HOPOs in my custom song

I have created a song with 70 BPM tempo, so as the HOPOs are showing up even on the places where I do not want them. Besides there are certain passages where HOPOs should emerge, but they do not. Well then I used google and found a way to force HOPOs to emerge/not emerge as I want. Particularly it was a way of editing CHART file in notepad. Now let's write it down, what exactly I have done.

I chose notes in Feedback that should turn to HOPO/strum by "*" track event (no quotes or brackets), then I save CHART file, opened it Windows Notepad and used Replace function. I replaced ALL THE "E *" expressions for "N 5 0" expressions (no quotes or brackets). I saved the chart separately to prevent original CHART from disappearing. I used converter chart2mid to convert chart file into MID file. Then I used songlist_editor tool to insert my song into GH3. I edited setlists inserted correct chart, didn't changed any offset information or sth like that. Now after that I saved my data and ran Guitar Hero III. Guitar Hero started and then my song appeared in quickplay list (after using Unclock everything cheat). BUT - and that is my whole problem - as soon as the notes get to first note which should be turned into HOPO/strum by "force" chart immediately after that note ends and Guitar Hero III announces "YOU ROCK!"

I srsly don't get it I acted exactly after that way to force HOPOs/STRUMS and did nothing wrong.

http://www.wildpluckings.com/faq/#hopos

Does anyone of you know, why the force way does not work?

Anyway here i prepared link for my chart (not edited by force but marked with * partially) and broken midi file which was created after editting chart by force and converting into a MID. I am not sure if this file hosting will work in your country, so if it does not, I am terribly sorry. As soon as you click on the link, there should be yellow button with green arrow on it. That is download button. The popup will emerge as soon as you click. Only thing you have to do is fill in captcha in middle paragraph and press enter, download should start

http://uloz.to/xj3654JM/broken-chart-zip

Anyway if that question is answered somewhere in here, I am terribly sorry for that and I will be grateful if you will redirect me (But I used google, and nothing has been found)
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everything you're doing to force the chart is correct. However, importing a chart with a forced note will just end the chart early when using the songlist editor.

The songlist editor is outdated, use GHTCP (Gutar Hero 3 Control Panel)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72367

Do everything the same, but don't use chart2mid. Keep the file as a .chart and import that using GHTCP.
CoolGrovyle  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, unfortunately, I hav probably warez GH III (Lent from a friend - playing on keyboard, because I do not have a controller), because I was unable to get GHTCP working. I cannot recall exact reason why that program wasn't running, but I suspect that it wanted some kinda prove that my GH III is properly bought.

Maybe it is just bullshit, it is long time ago, but could it be true, that GHTCP won'T cooperate with warez GH III?
perrigosd  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolGrovyle wrote:
But, unfortunately, I hav probably warez GH III (Lent from a friend - playing on keyboard, because I do not have a controller), because I was unable to get GHTCP working. I cannot recall exact reason why that program wasn't running, but I suspect that it wanted some kinda prove that my GH III is properly bought.

Maybe it is just bullshit, it is long time ago, but could it be true, that GHTCP won'T cooperate with warez GH III?

your gh3 version is possibly out of date
search on google
"gh3 update 1.3" and "gh3 update 1.31"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: