ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Looking for a GH2 Rivalry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Looking for a GH2 Rivalry Reply with quote

Been steadily improving on GH2. Just broke top 200. Anyone want to race towards top 100 or 21mil or something? Maybe even an FC race. I currently have 47. I'm open to anything really as long as it's GH2 lol.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind joining for 21 million. It'll give me more incentive to work on going back and doing pathing as well as increasing my FC total. This is where I'm at right now.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would join for 21 million but I just checked and I have 20,999,996 adjusted total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the unofficial start, I'm now at 19,769,267 gaining me 68,654 in about half a week. I really worked on about 3-4 songs to grind an FC, but I think I need to look at how to go about this in a more efficient manner. Maybe when I can't get an fc, re path an fc song for a better score to take a break while also improving score. One song I don't want to improve that I already know is Yes We Can..... My gawd, Yes We Can never play that song once optimal score is reached..

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
I really worked on about 3-4 songs to grind an FC, but I think I need to look at how to go about this in a more efficient manner. Maybe when I can't get an fc, re path an fc song for a better score to take a break while also improving score.

As this isn't an FC rivalry, the easy points should always take priority otherwise you're just going to get frustrated quicker. As I'm quite an old hand at score improvement rivalries (albeit on lower levels) what I find works best is to simply rank the songs and play the worst ranked song each time. Once a song gets to xxx rank then it's off the table until all songs are at the same level, this generally means that I'm not spending much time grinding and more time just having some variety (and maybe even improving without noticing!). Looking at your scores there are loads with low rankings even though you've FC'd them so I'd maybe start getting all songs ranked top 1000 (18 songs right there) and then slowly progress.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to join, and since this seems to be quite a friendly rivalry, which is rather amazing. Top 50 would be lovely for myself. About ~35k away from that. But 360... kinda sucks for squeezing. So doubt I'll get that much more on this console. But PS2... could see it happening, still quite damn hard, but more-doable.

Currently.

21,271,637 adjusted; Rank 54 overall; 58/64.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
As I'm quite an old hand at score improvement rivalries (albeit on lower levels) what I find works best is to simply rank the songs and play the worst ranked song each time.

Ah, good old lower level rivalries! I remember those days

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
2003041 wrote:
I really worked on about 3-4 songs to grind an FC, but I think I need to look at how to go about this in a more efficient manner. Maybe when I can't get an fc, re path an fc song for a better score to take a break while also improving score.

As this isn't an FC rivalry, the easy points should always take priority otherwise you're just going to get frustrated quicker. As I'm quite an old hand at score improvement rivalries (albeit on lower levels) what I find works best is to simply rank the songs and play the worst ranked song each time. Once a song gets to xxx rank then it's off the table until all songs are at the same level, this generally means that I'm not spending much time grinding and more time just having some variety (and maybe even improving without noticing!). Looking at your scores there are loads with low rankings even though you've FC'd them so I'd maybe start getting all songs ranked top 1000 (18 songs right there) and then slowly progress.

Yeah that's what I was figuring to do. Plus it gives me something to do when I do get frustrated going for an FC (psychobilly freakout can die...). I'll probably do Yes We Can first to boost the score then do what you suggested in ranking and going from there. Thanks for the tips with it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my new issue is my ps2 guitar cable is too short to reach the computer, meaning no way to check the path unless I use my mobile, which is small, so I found a sketch pad app that actually lets me crop images directly into it, which means I can use paths easily! This is how it came out, which to be fair is not bad at all. I'm worried more about songs with long delayed activations tho.... I may need to add notes for those ones.

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
So my new issue is my ps2 guitar cable is too short to reach the computer, meaning no way to check the path unless I use my mobile, which is small, so I found a sketch pad app that actually lets me crop images directly into it, which means I can use paths easily! This is how it came out, which to be fair is not bad at all. I'm worried more about songs with long delayed activations tho.... I may need to add notes for those ones.
That's really cool. Also, fair amount of free points on Red Lottery + Also looks to be your worst ranking on there, horrid song, but free points are free points :p. Also a fair bit of points (even if you don't FC it, even though you probably could quite easily.) on One for the Road. Another... kinda shitty song. I need to find songs to get points... or just have guitar gods bless me with a non broken guitar so I can somehow FC Six on 360. Or I could do the easy thing and fix one of the assortments of PS2's here if they aren't in storage... decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
That's really cool. Also, fair amount of free points on Red Lottery + Also looks to be your worst ranking on there, horrid song, but free points are free points :p. Also a fair bit of points (even if you don't FC it, even though you probably could quite easily.) on One for the Road. Another... kinda shitty song. I need to find songs to get points... or just have guitar gods bless me with a non broken guitar so I can somehow FC Six on 360. Or I could do the easy thing and fix one of the assortments of PS2's here if they aren't in storage... decisions.

NEVER WILL I HAVE TO PLAY THIS SONG EVER AGAIN AND I DON'T CARE THAT I WAS A FEW TICKS OFF ON THE LAST ACTIVATION!!!!!!!
Also, I'm now only ~94k to 20 million!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job man! Also, screw the last activation, still a pretty great score, and shows you can easily (hopefully) get 20 million! Massive milestone in my eyes. Parasite should be a fairly easy 25-30k for you. Also reduxing Trippin' a hole in a paper heart should get you a fair bit of points if you can re-FC it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Nice job man! Also, screw the last activation, still a pretty great score, and shows you can easily (hopefully) get 20 million! Massive milestone in my eyes. Parasite should be a fairly easy 25-30k for you. Also reduxing Trippin' a hole in a paper heart should get you a fair bit of points if you can re-FC it.

Yeah I was thinking about Tripping to redo because the first time I FCed I think was just a random run. Either way, every point counts right now lmao

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
21,271,637 adjusted; Rank 54 overall; 58/64.

21,273,048 Adjusted; Rank 55 overall D: ; 58/64 Nothing big minus not having a horrid score on Strutter/MitB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: