Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Life After ScoreHero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaph  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never posted too much on here, but GH/RB were definitely the last console games I played consistently... time playing dropped off a lot in 2010 once I went off to boot camp for a six-year commitment to the US Naval Nuclear Propulsion program, dropped off even more when I got married in 2011, and pretty much stopped for the most part around 2012, when my daughter Eleanor was born. And truthfully I haven't missed it too much. :)

Now my gaming is centered around random iOS games like Puzzle & Dragons, Disco Zoo, and other quick fillers in between busy stretches at work or at home if I ever have time. I doubt I'll purchase a new console just for GH/RB, but it makes me happy to see that the games are returning to a video game market where they will hopefully be considered "fresh" once again.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post here in a long, long time.

RB4 brought me back here, lol. Anyways, I joined SH back in the GH2 days, when HellAshes and Wolfe were big names. I was in the 7th grade... Whew. Went to college for a while, dropped out, and I'm a Marine now, currently on deployment. It's been a wild ride, and I really miss the days this website was big. Maybe RB4 and GHL can bring it back.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play a lot of video games. All I really play now is League of Legends and Runescape. I just finished my undergraduate with two degrees in computer science and mathematics. I am currently awaiting a response for my application to graduate school in computer science. I have a job lined up working at a really nice biometrics lab through the university, so I hope this grad school application goes through.
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedrunning (and working and all the other real-life stuff)

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm becoming a physicist. I should be finishing my Bachelor's next year and attempt to do a Master's in particles physics. I'm also becoming poor, hope this'll turn out alright in the end.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, so great to see so many familiar faces on here. Been so long since I've seen/heard from some of you.

I've been at UW-Stout the last 2 years and I am transferring to UW-Eau Claire next year (kirdaschwab ) going for a degree in Business Administration.

I bought a PS4 and play games like Destiny and Dragon Age:Inquisition and Madden pretty frequently but haven't touched a rhythm game in probably close to two years. Hope the new GH and RB games bring a small resurgence to the community. It'd be nice to see more of and catch up with even more familiar faces.

Cheers to everyone and hope you're doing well.

P.S. I was 12 when I made this account? I'm sorry to everyone who had to deal with my middle school self. After seeing Facebook posts in my timehop app I want to go back in time and slap myself repeatedly.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
P.S. I was 12 when I made this account? I'm sorry to everyone who had to deal with my middle school self. After seeing Facebook posts in my timehop app I want to go back in time and slap myself repeatedly.

Holy crap, I know that feeling!

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody here remembered me; even though I've got like a thousand posts I pretty much only ever really posted in the old Miscellaneous Guitar Hero Information thread or whatever, that "guess the song from the fret icons" thread, and my own customs thread. Actual meaningful posts from me were few and far between >.>

Anyways, after (what I viewed as) the disappointment that was Rock Band 3, I pretty much stopped playing entirely. I graduated from high school, and went on to study music in college. After two and a half years at a terrible university, I took the past semester off to look for a school to transfer to. Currently, I'm working the overnight shift stocking at Home Depot, but come August I'll move about a hundred miles down the road to finally put an end to my college career. My girlfriend will be joining me as she starts her journey into the wonderful world of graduate studies (also in music).

Thanks to playing around with Guitar Hero's practice mode, I developed a healthy interest in transcribing music and have managed to start a (very) small side business doing it. For the most part the people who contact me are old teachers or people who know my old teachers, but I'm hoping that at some point I'll be able to get that to expand and start making more significant money from it.

I've also considered starting up a business fixing up old Guitar Hero controllers, as I feel that soon enough there's going to be a hell of a market for them. I'm dragging my feet on that though, mostly because I'm too lazy to read up on how to do it. Good thing I know where to look for guides on doing it!

About a week ago, I popped in Guitar Hero II (remember the PS2?) for the first time in years the other day. The itch just got to be a bit too much.

Also, guys, get this.

You all remember Ben Eberle? That little 4th grader who kicked ass all those years ago? I realized not too long ago that he's a senior in high school now. Or at least he's around that age.

If that doesn't make us all feel old, I don't know what will.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarZero132 wrote:

when GH1 was released, I had no kids nor was I married. Today, I'm married and I have 3 kids. that's a slap in the face.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
GuitarZero132 wrote:

when GH1 was released, I had no kids nor was I married. Today, I'm married and I have 3 kids. that's a slap in the face.

And I thought going from getting GHII on my 13th birthday to being 21 later this year still playing the game was a bit of a shock.

Seven long ass years...

dweedman  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe I was 11 when I made my account! Since Guitar Hero and Rock Band died I more or less stopped playing all video games bar a few exceptions (Braid, Oddworld, Heavy Rain, absolutely love the Phoenix Wright series), noticed when I have an actual social life I really do not enjoy playing video games.

Went through the rest of school and Sixth Form, didn't get the grades I wanted so retaking a few exams in the next two weeks, possibly going University this September. Also developed a huge love for my local team Crystal Palace which continues to this day, nothing compares.

Much apologies to everyone who had to deal with my pubescent self, I was such an annoying cunt, can't even bare to look at my old posts!

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dweedman wrote:
Can't believe I was 11 when I made my account! Since Guitar Hero and Rock Band died I more or less stopped playing all video games bar a few exceptions (Braid, Oddworld, Heavy Rain, absolutely love the Phoenix Wright series), noticed when I have an actual social life I really do not enjoy playing video games.

Went through the rest of school and Sixth Form, didn't get the grades I wanted so retaking a few exams in the next two weeks, possibly going University this September. Also developed a huge love for my local team Crystal Palace which continues to this day, nothing compares.

Much apologies to everyone who had to deal with my pubescent self, I was such an annoying cunt, can't even bare to look at my old posts!

that one is cool http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1299924&highlight=#1299924

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read through the two pages of comments, why does everyone seem to have decent jobs or qualifications? Guess that means I didn't try hard enough back in school.

I haven't got a "life after ScoreHero" because I'm still around and plan to be for a while yet. I've recently moved into my girlfriend's flat though so I don't play Guitar Hero as much because, as you can imagine, I would rather be spending time with her. In addition to which, I'm currently going through a financial qualification (CeMAP) so I have to study for that as well.

I'm 27 in a couple of weeks and my main focuses in life are my girlfriend, my qualification and progressing my career, learning to drive, and down the line in the not too distant future marriage and kids. In the interim though, I will continue to play Guitar Hero where I can because I really don't think I can give up for good. At least not quite yet anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on here, still grinding out these FC breakdown threads, but re: what I'm doing now:

*I'm working 2 jobs: assistant manager at a pawn shop franchise (in charge of ordering stuff, scheduling, online sales) and substitute teacher (looking to break into high school math, but will teach almost anything from the high school and junior high school levels). I'm working around 45-55 hours a week, but am looking forward to the forthcoming easier days of summer, if not the thinner checks.
*I'll be celebrating my 6th wedding anniversary in 4 weeks. I think I can officially say that I've made it here on PEI, and I absolutely love it here (except for the lack of arcades).
*I CAN DRIVE NOW. I had a bit of a fear of driving, but I've conquered it. I even did my first successful parallel park job about 3 weeks ago.
*I'm going on vacation at Ocean City, Maryland in less than 2 months.
*Vidya-wise: I haven't played any GH in the last 18 months or so, and have no real desire to get back into it. GH Live looks so disappointing to me, so I don't think I'll be getting on that train. More than anything else, I'm currently playing Street Fighter Third Strike, maining Chun-Li; I'm thinking of starting a Trials difficulty breakdown (I've done 100/110 Trials legit; one of the Trials I did was with a minor cheat, and all with a standard PS3 controller, thankyouverymuch).
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarZero132 wrote:

You all remember Ben Eberle? That little 4th grader who kicked ass all those years ago? I realized not too long ago that he's a senior in high school now. Or at least he's around that age.

He's in a punk band now. Wonder if he can get them to cover Psychobilly Freakout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joTiBrRr70s
dweedman  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
GuitarZero132 wrote:

He's in a punk band now. Wonder if he can get them to cover Psychobilly Freakout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joTiBrRr70s

Wow, well he's certainly grown. I remember when he used to call Hellashes "beep ashes" on here so he wouldn't type hell, oh the power of religion in America

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: