Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Life After ScoreHero
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellemennt75  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Life After ScoreHero Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

(Sorry for the long post. You can skip to the meat at the bottom if you want. I won't be offended.)

It's been awhile since I was a frequent visitor on ScoreHero. I lurked a pretty large amount, so I don't really know if anyone will remember me besides the people that played in the first ScoreHero Mafia match. Vanilla townies for life!

I haven't really been a part of any other internet forums for as long as I was a part of this one, so it holds a dear place in my heart for sure. I genuinely miss when Guitar Hero was a big thing and when the community was booming. I loved every minute I was here with you all, and wish I could just have that back for a little. But, I digress.

I don't really remember how long ago I started playing Guitar Hero. I remember watching that one tournament from forever ago with Wulfe, Tipper, Kovinc, Priest, and all the biggest GH2 names when I was getting into it. GH3 came out shortly after (I think). I was probably 12 or 13 then. Looking at it, that means I've been playing Guitar Hero for 7 years. Damn...

My question to all of you is, if you're coming back here every once and awhile, like I am, to see what's up, what are you doing now? Maybe Guitar Hero isn't your main thing anymore, like it isn't for me. But what are you doing in your life instead?

Currently, I'm attending college for a Software Engineering degree. I'm a sophomore, and I'm finishing up doing all that great grown-up shit; signing house leases and what not for next year. I worked for the summer painting houses, and it was my first real job with a stable income and set hours. Coming back here really shows me how much life changes, and hits me really hard with the nostalgia. (In a good way, however.)

tl;dr - What are you doing with your life now that you don't frequent Scorehero and play Guitar Hero as much? (Unless you do... Then I guess it's a valid answer.)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ellemennt75
Rickles  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working as a pharmacy tech and going to school. Playing video games makes me feel like shit honestly because I have a terrible procrastination problem. That's never stopped me from buying them though... In Spring 2016 I hope to graduate and get a real job so I can resume my attempt at FGFC-ing all those games I started and quit after the second tier.

With RB4 on the horizon I do really hope to get in control of things and find some time to really work on scores.

Last edited by Rickles on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: SHRickles Wii Friend Code: 240632851717
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a freshman in college now and I just declared a dual major in Computer Science and Music Industry. Crazy to think that I joined this site when I was 11. A month ago I finally bought GH5 and GH:WOR but my guitar broke shortly after so I haven't been playing much recently. I have a lot of free time this semester which I'm sure will shrink significantly next semester so I'm trying to secure a working guitar ASAP and grind those games while I can. But yeah, I've been lurking around for the past couple of years without much activity but now that my interest in rhythm games has suddenly re-ignited and RB4 is on the horizon, I'm looking forward to being active on here again.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
Thrice  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined the Air Force after getting laid off from Neversoft. Hating every day of it and I'm going to school part time at a local community college. My weekdays end up being pretty busy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently substitute teaching in Columbus, OH; I have a long-term assignment at an all-ESL school after floundering about on pointless one-day assignments for the last year or so. We just finished a huge standardized testing rampage which is making me wonder why I'm still even in this country.

With that said, I just received a TEFL certificate and am mulling my options for a move to somewhere in Europe. We'll see where the next six months takes me.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting my Bachelor's, I became a business analyst for an insurance company, which is where I still am. I also just received my MBA this past December, so it's nice to finally be completely done with school. I'm currently (unfortunately) still living at home until I can make a good dent in my undergrad loans while simultaneously saving money to move out at some point. Luckily I was able to pay off grad school in cash as I was taking the classes, even though I wasn't able to have much money for fun during that time.

I actually don't play any video games at all, other than some iPhone games here and there. I've played a grand total of two songs in RB over the last couple years, both of them being on the RB freeplay stage at PAX East. I still hop on Twitch now and then to watch people play, and occasionally go to a gaming event somewhere like a PAX or MLG, but I've really been getting away from video games over the past few years. Definitely wouldn't have believed you if you told me awhile back that I would not even turn on my xbox for non-Netflix reasons for two straight years. Crazy how things change.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty phased out of ScoreHero by 2012, sadly. In that time, I've graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science from Northern Illinois University, traveled to Canada and Denmark for pleasure and business, respectively, and worked at three tech companies, the one I work at currently (Oracle), I've been at for the past 7 months.

Since graduating, I've had some time to game, though it mostly involves Steam gaming. I find it funny that I come upon this thread after I make a long monologue on Facebook about how, on a whim, I dusted off my GH2 disk and guitar to give it another spin (Conclusion: I want every single guitar to be made like the cherry SG; 9 years later, still works perfectly!)

I'd also love to see a resurgence in the music/rhythm game community, maybe Rock Band 4 will do just that, and I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Maybe it could bring back old familiar faces.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finishing up my senior year at NU majoring in Chemistry and Biological Sciences. Regret everything about my undergraduate decisions. Gonna try and find a job in pharmaceuticals for a couple years and push towards medical school eventually.

Looking forward to RB4/potential new GH, still play some Destiny on the side in my spare time.
NU Grad 2015
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studying a BA in Architecture in Kingston university London, and going to see if I can land myself an internship during the summer.
If I can't get the internship, I'll just work on-site since I'm also a qualified builder now.

Haven't touched Guitar Hero for near 2 1/2 years now, since most of my time is taken up playing on the real 6-string.

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still unemployed, trying to get into an apprenticeship but being hampered by the lack of a C in my GCSE English. Even though I'm getting huge scores on the aptitude tests for them I don't get a look in (And this is for an apprenticeship scheme I have already been in once). Sorting my English out now though. Only just got back into GH/RB with the announcement of RB4 but even then I don't put anywhere near as much time into it as I once did.

Also P.S, Have you forgiven me for the Embedded coop choke FL4RE?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
Still unemployed, trying to get into an apprenticeship but being hampered by the lack of a C in my GCSE English. Even though I'm getting huge scores on the aptitude tests for them I don't get a look in (And this is for an apprenticeship scheme I have already been in once). Sorting my English out now though. Only just got back into GH/RB with the announcement of RB4 but even then I don't put anywhere near as much time into it as I once did.

Also P.S, Have you forgiven me for the Embedded coop choke FL4RE?

No.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check by every now and then, but this is honestly the most active I've been in a year. I've been working two jobs (Inventory at Best Buy and in the technology office at a high school) and between that and spending time with my girlfriend, friends, and family... yeah I don't have too much time to play GH. Plus I've been watching shows, reading, playing other games... stuff I could've been doing all that time I spent grinding out songs in this silly game. But I wouldn't give it up for the world. In fact I'm testing the waters once again... I'm an addict XD
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted here in about a year. When 2011 came around I pretty much stopped playing GH/RB competitively and started to browse this forum much, much less. In mid-2013 I came back to playing competitively and subsequently improved my scores and got a lot of FCs, although that was temporary. Now, I've been getting back into the game. As for my real life, I'm finishing up my third year of university at the moment. I am actually on the pre-dental track, and I'll be applying this summer so preparing my application and making it look nice has been taking up a good amount of my free time. I don't play video games as much as I used to, but I like to wind down with the PS2 every now and then.

I personally can't believe I've been on this site for so long. I still remember when they had the stream tracker in the accomplishments forum. Whenever I would get bored, I would just check the tracker and hop into whatever stream was happening. I wasted a lot of time doing that. That was also when pretty much everybody used UStream, which I guess people don't really use anymore, right? lol

Last edited by MrOmyA on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band is still a major thing in my world. The SF Bay Area has to be like one of three areas where there was enough local population to make regular hang-outs A Thing. We go to my friend Mikey's on random Friday nights! We host Rock Band Nights at local bars, and Rock Band booths at various local conventions! Plastic guitar isn't the all-consuming life force it once was... but it's still a thing.

'Course, I'm also old, by SH standards. I mostly worry about my career track, and how the hell I'm going to make a down payment on a house, and whether I should have kids in 2019 or something. Those sort of take a front seat to all my gaming whatnot.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminiscing about how I first reminisced about Scorehero...this is fun.

Anyways, I graduated college a year ago and work in IT for a large state University. I spend most of my day writing/coding away, so for the most part I'm doing what I want to do. Good work environment and a good boss.

Personal life is going equally as well. Unfortunately, I haven't touched GH/RB in quite some time. My interests these days are in Nintendo amiibo and mechanical keyboards. I do still game, but it's a bit more casual since I picked up a WiiU. Mostly play Mario/Beerio Kart as I wait for some new releases like Xenoblade and Yoshi's Wooly World.

I miss the days when RB/GH was a big part in my life. Times were simpler...

Glad to see most of you all doing well. I kind of want to dig the iONs out of my parent's closet and get back into drumming.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: